Safest Antiandrogen For Your Dick - Bicalutamide

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would just like to state: don’t use bicalutamide if it scares you, and if you want to have minimal side effects. Just don’t bother with it, and wait for other treatments or use finasteride/dutasteride.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would just like to state: don’t use bicalutamide if it scares you, and if you want to have minimal side effects. Just don’t bother with it, and wait for other treatments or use finasteride/dutasteride.
Bicalutamide at 50mg, which is needed for hair loss, has minimal side effects. Even finasteride/dutasteride causes gyno in some people. With bica, probability of getting sexual sides is almost negligible whereas it is very common with finasteride/dutasteride.

Why are you trying to play safe? Bogging down when what they're saying is either factually incorrect or just emotional rant (as in he is pretty old, Knowledgeable member).

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Instruction of bica says that you can get sexual disfunction (and heart problem). Bica changes your libido and maybe your dick wouldn’t work in a normal way.
You know there are many sides listed of Finasteride or any other drug for that matter. Does a user get all of them? No? Bicalutamide works by accumulating to such a level where it can successfully bind to androgen receptors making them unworkable. But since testosterone levels are very high in testicals, it is unlikely to have much effect on them - the reason bicalutamide has negligible chances of giving sexual sides like ED.

Even oral minoxidil has many dangerous sides but people have been taking it for year with no sides at all.

If you're gonna play a chicken, you will lose this genetic game. Sorry.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bicalutamide at 50mg, which is needed for hair loss, has minimal side effects. Even finasteride/dutasteride causes gyno in some people. With bica, probability of getting sexual sides is almost negligible whereas it is very common with finasteride/dutasteride.

Why are you trying to play safe? Bogging down when what they're saying is either factually incorrect or just emotional rant (as in he is pretty old, Knowledgeable member).

I know what they are saying is incorrect, but it’s just better to let them be.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Perhaps, however if you start taking experimental drugs you might end up with both hair loss and possible irreversible side effects.

HLV

People should avoid bicalutamide because of up-regulation; it raises T quite drastically. Although it’s blocked during your use of bicalutamide, if you later decide to stop using it, your T will still be up-regulated which will lead to complications. I just have a feeling that people on this website won’t be consistent with the use of bicalutamide...

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Perhaps, however if you start taking experimental drugs you might end up with both hair loss and possible irreversible side effects.

HLV
Hair loss makes people desperate (not all of them), and desperate situations push people to make desperate actions.
One should be informed of all sides of any drug, then do an informed decision. In this world there is always a trade off, nothing is delivered on a plate of gold. Risk and reward.

el_duterino

Reaction score
Bica is old stuff from 25 years ago if it was a male pattern baldness solution it would have been in the patent but of course any scientist knows that a powerful anti androgen with a 5 days serum half life is going to be a total show stopper unless you are struggling with prostate cancer

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bica is old stuff from 25 years ago if it was a male pattern baldness solution it would have been in the patent but of course any scientist knows that a powerful anti androgen with a 5 days serum half life is going to be a total show stopper unless you are struggling with prostate cancer
Maybe, but you see finasteride, dutasteride, Minoxidil none are in patent now.

It is not a first line treatment for Androgenetic Alopecia, nor it should be. Anything above 50mg has the potential to give gyno within a month. It can also cause significant feminization like fat distribution, but that is unlikely with 50mg and without estrogen.

Many people here have had success with spironolactone. Anxious Andy and some other have had success with Cyproterone Acetate.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Maybe it’s because they still believe DHT is the only hormone to cause androgenic alopecia; after finding that men with 5ARD ‘don’t go bald’, they ran with the idea. Bicalutamide wouldn’t be used for androgenic alopecia due to its side effects: gynecomastia, feminisation. It’s more so a treatment for those who are androgynous, or believe they are non-binary.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe it’s because they still believe DHT is the only hormone to cause androgenic alopecia; after finding that men with 5ARD ‘don’t go bald’, they ran with the idea. Bicalutamide wouldn’t be used for androgenic alopecia due to its side effects: gynecomastia, feminisation. It’s more so a treatment for those who are androgynous, or believe they are non-binary.
I think Bicalutamide will stop hair loss in 99% of men with aggressive balding. But I've come up with a fucked up idea: if Bica becomes useless long term in treating prostate cancer due to the receptors in the testicles becoming mutant, does taking Bica without having cancer in the first place make the receptors morph, therefore when you have cancer in the future (really wish no one gets it) then all chemical treatments become useless?

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think Bicalutamide will stop hair loss in 99% of men with aggressive balding. But I've come up with a fucked up idea: if Bica becomes useless long term in treating prostate cancer due to the receptors in the testicles becoming mutant, does taking Bica without having cancer in the first place make the receptors morph, therefore when you have cancer in the future (really wish no one gets it) then all chemical treatments become useless?
Nah, Xtandi (Enzalutamide) is used when the receptors become mutant. That however should not be the case with receptors in hair.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

That wouldn’t happen, since we don’t have mutant cells already. Although, I doubt we would have to ever experience prostate cancer if we are on these medications (especially bicalutamide and estradiol).

I don’t think that would happen, since we would have to already have mutant cells to become resistant bicalutamide. Nonetheless, I believe users of bicalutamide should pair it with estradiol to lessen the uprise of T...

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That wouldn’t happen, since we don’t have mutant cells already. Although, I doubt we would have to ever experience prostate cancer if we are on these medications (especially bicalutamide and estradiol).

I don’t think that would happen, since we would have to already have mutant cells to become resistant bicalutamide. Nonetheless, I believe users of bicalutamide should pair it with estradiol to lessen the uprise of T...
So bicalutamide doesnt lead to receptors mutation? We really have the drug to stop hair loss for good. Visiting this thread kills my depression :)

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So bicalutamide doesnt lead to receptors mutation? We really have the drug to stop hair loss for good. Visiting this thread kills my depression :)

We don’t have prostate cancer (or mutant cells), so bicalutamide resistance wouldn’t occur. I don’t believe users of bicalutamide should use it alone though, I think it’s best to be used with estradiol. Even if it’s a lower dose; the main goal of the estradiol should be to lower the increase of T, so if you ever did decide to stop the medication issues wouldn’t occur.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We don’t have prostate cancer (or mutant cells), so bicalutamide resistance wouldn’t occur. I don’t believe users of bicalutamide should use it alone though, I think it’s best to be used with estradiol. Even if it’s a lower dose; the main goal of the estradiol should be to lower the increase of T, so if you ever did decide to stop the medication issues wouldn’t occur.
Can Cypro or metformin substitute estradiol for a cis man, as they also lower T?

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can Cypro or metformin substitute estradiol for a cis man, as they also lower T?

Metformin decreases T? You shouldn’t use an SAA along with an NSAA, as someone explained.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Metformin decreases T? You shouldn’t use an SAA along with an NSAA, as someone explained.
Yaa, Infact it has been proven by multiple studies. It decrease T, it is a breast specific aromatase inhibitor, bodybuilders and obese/fat women use it to lose weight, it is comparable to fina and spironolactone when it comes to hirsutism, it has been found by several studies to increase height to about 2cm, despite the fact that it decreases IGF-1. And it is said to be one of the extremely safe drugs. God knows what else does it do. I'm still hesitant to take it due it being so multi-facetated.

Ein

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yaa, Infact it has been proven by multiple studies. It decrease T, it is a breast specific aromatase inhibitor, bodybuilders and obese/fat women use it to lose weight, it is comparable to fina and spironolactone when it comes to hirsutism, it has been found by several studies to increase height to about 2cm, despite the fact that it decreases IGF-1. And it is said to be one of the extremely safe drugs. God knows what else does it do. I'm still hesitant to take it due it being so multi-facetated.
No hyperglycemia or hyperinsulinemia for until you take it, AMPK activation and consequently anti-aging are a few more things Metformin does. I've been taking it for 1 year and I feel very healthy. There are potential downsides though. The one that worries me the most is that it can negatively affect the gastrointestinal absorption of Vitamin B12, which can lead to its deficiency and consequently Telogen Effluvium. Other than that, I feel like it is a net positive drug despite its other infrequent side effects.