Safest Antiandrogen For Your Dick - Bicalutamide

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bicalutamide:
"it has been reported that bicalutamide monotherapy (at 50 mg/day) has very little or no effect on the ultrastructure of the testes and on spermatogenesis in men even after long-term therapy (>4 years).[135][136] This may be explained by the extremely high local levels of testosterone in the testes, in that it is likely that systemic bicalutamide therapy is unable to achieve concentrations of the drug within the testes that are able to considerably block androgen signaling in this part of the body.[135] This is particularly so considering that bicalutamide increases circulating testosterone levels, and by extension gonadal testosterone production, by up to two-fold in males,[75] and that only a small fraction of normal intratesticular testosterone levels, and by extension androgen action, appears to be necessary to maintain spermatogenesis.[53][134] Bicalutamide monotherapy at 50 mg/day causes no or clinically unimportant Leydig cell hyperplasia.[136][137]"

so bicalutamide is safe for your dick. how about other Antiandrogens?

Finasteride/dutasteride:
"Sexual dysfunction, such as erectile dysfunction, loss of libido, or reduced semen volume, may occur in 3.4 to 15.8% of men treated with finasteride or dutasteride.[16][26] This is linked to lower quality of life and can cause stress in relationships.[27] It has been reported that in a subset of men, these adverse sexual side effects may persist even after discontinuation of finasteride or dutasteride.[28] Some have decreased sperm numbers as low as 10% of pretreatment values.[29]"

Spironolactone:
Other clinical effects include decreased male pattern body hair, the induction of breast development, feminization in general, and lack of spontaneous erections.[63]

Cyproterone:
It has been reported that in 80% of cases, 100 mg/day CPA is adequate to achieve the desired reduction of sexuality, whereas in the remaining 20% of cases, 200 mg/day is sufficient.[100] When only a partial reduction in sexuality is desired, 50 mg/day CPA can be useful.[100] Reduced sexual desire and erectile function occurs with CPA by the end of the first week of treatment, and becomes maximal within three to four weeks.[100][88] The dosage range is 50 to 300 mg/day.[88][100]

Now, I'm not genetically prone to ED or low libido, but I hope this thread helps others with concerns.

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can produce sperm on Bica? The only thing that makes me wary of Bica is the high incidence of gyno, CPA in this regard causes minimal development.

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you share source link?
they are all from wikipedia I copied and pasted them. you can just copy the text and it will show up in google. thats why I put them in quotation.

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can produce sperm on Bica? The only thing that makes me wary of Bica is the high incidence of gyno, CPA in this regard causes minimal development.
no need to worry, if you look at my regimen I take raloxifene 60mg, this is equivalent to 20mg tamoxifen and drastically reduces the rate of gynecomastia.

Attachments

• 41391_2005_Article_BF4500782_Fig3_HTML.jpg
    41391_2005_Article_BF4500782_Fig3_HTML.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 691

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
no need to worry, if you look at my regimen I take raloxifene 60mg, this is equivalent to 20mg tamoxifen and drastically reduces the rate of gynecomastia.

Is gynecomastia the only known side effect of bicalutamide?

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t understand, its an anti androgen but it increases testosterone by up two fold ?
So how this drug can help with hair loss ?
"Although the affinity of bicalutamide for the AR is approximately 30 to 100 times lower than that of DHT (IC50 ≈ 3.8 nM),[37][13][1][38] the main endogenous ligand of the receptor in the prostate gland, sufficiently high relative concentrations of bicalutamide (1,000- to 10,000-fold excess) are able to completely prevent activation of the ARby androgens like DHT and testosterone and subsequent upregulation of the transcription of androgen-responsive genes and associated effects.[39][20][40][41] At steady-state, relative to the normal adult male range for testosterone levels (300–1,000 ng/dL),[42] circulating concentrations of bicalutamide at 50 mg/day are roughly 600 to 2,500 times higher and at 150 mg/day around 1,500 to 8,000 times higher than circulating testosterone levels"

polishkickbuttowski

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wouldnt blocking the receptor have the same effect as taking away the androgen in the first place? I'm trying to understand how something that blocks DHT from attaching to the receptor in the scalp would have so few systemic side effects. Wouldn't it also block the receptor for muscle growth, penis functioning, etc? If you could explain more that would be great, and are there people who have successfully stopped balding on these?

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wouldnt blocking the receptor have the same effect as taking away the androgen in the first place? I'm trying to understand how something that blocks DHT from attaching to the receptor in the scalp would have so few systemic side effects. Wouldn't it also block the receptor for muscle growth, penis functioning, etc? If you could explain more that would be great, and are there people who have successfully stopped balding on these?
Nope because different parts of the body have different concentrations of testosterone, also bicalutamide doesn’t block dht. Bicalutamide blocks androgen signaling in androgen dependent tissue. Dht does not bind to a receptor in the scalp, dht and testosterone bind to the androgen receptor which changes shape and enters the nucleus where genes for hair are transcribed like the androgen X chromosome. AR blockers like bicalutamide prevent the ar from being activated and therefore prevent it from entering the nucleus where genes are. There was a study that concluded bicalutamide preserves bone mineral density and muscle strength I’m not home rn but when I get home I will link it. Hope this helped.

polishkickbuttowski

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nope because different parts of the body have different concentrations of testosterone, also bicalutamide doesn’t block dht. Bicalutamide blocks androgen signaling in androgen dependent tissue. Dht does not bind to a receptor in the scalp, dht and testosterone bind to the androgen receptor which changes shape and enters the nucleus where genes for hair are transcribed like the androgen X chromosome. AR blockers like bicalutamide prevent the ar from being activated and therefore prevent it from entering the nucleus where genes are. There was a study that concluded bicalutamide preserves bone mineral density and muscle strength I’m not home rn but when I get home I will link it. Hope this helped.
Thanks. If your on it is it working for you? And do you use it orally or topically? Would be great if this has little to no systemic impact, but if it were that great you would think that everyone on this board would be on this already.

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. If your on it is it working for you? And do you use it orally or topically? Would be great if this has little to no systemic impact, but if it were that great you would think that everyone on this board would be on this already.
I’m only 9 days into it and no sides but I take ralox, also it’s a new drug and most people believe dht causes hair loss so they wouldn’t try it.

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 121268

You have to question the sexual side effects, since this is based on older patients who naturally have decreased sexual function.
yes and all the studies have shown ed rates are below 10%. there has not been a study showing an 80% ed rate, anything can be written on wiki.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
yes and all the studies have shown ed rates are below 10%. there has not been a study showing an 80% ed rate, anything can be written on wiki.

Bicalutamide in combination with estrogen could be a greater combination for transgender patients, especially those suffering with the mental consequences of cyproterone acetate and spironolactone. In my case, my mood has brightened significantly since switching to bicalutamide and I can understand/relate to those who have positive mental effects from estrogen.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

It wouldn't be used by the majority due to feminisation, and the unknown impact SERMs have on our hair when treating gynecomastia.

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It wouldn't be used by the majority due to feminisation, and the unknown impact SERMs have on our hair when treating gynecomastia.
I don't buy the feminization studs, maybe slight but nothing near to change gender