RIDICULE

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
why complaining about something you can shave off? I mean I wish I could have the option to grow and shave a thick full facial hair whenever and however I wanted. My facial hair only grows in patches and I am left with no option but to shave it everyday. So count your blessings! At least you are able to grow out beard when the other part of your hair on top is completely gone.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
So, because my opinion is that Phil Collins looks good bald I should go to Hell?

No, **** you (or anyone) for not believing my experiences and insinuating that I'm delusionally paranoid i.e. crazy.

As for Phil Collins, he had one good song in the eighties but I don't think he looks good, particularly by todays standards in the music industry. Sorry about that part, opinions can differ but I stand by the rest.

- - - Updated - - -

tell me, could it be that your biggest problem with being bald and what disturbs you the most is that you know you had massive potential with hair? maybe you crave validation and positive attention which you know has been denied to you becuse of baldness. vanity in nutshell. so you try to rationalize and justify your dissatisfaction by producing this ''hatred of society'' issue. please tell me im wrong and dispel these doubts.
What hurts the most is the repetition. Like Seb said, for that douche pointing the finger at me he won't remember me a week from now but I will. There will invariably always be another new person seeing me and reacting to me for the first time. To them it's nothing but to me it is kagillionth stab in my gut. I mean, how would you feel if 25-35% of the people you see and interact will are outright dickheads to you for no reason. It would rub off on you after a while.
I like to think of it like the elephants in the old traveling circus. When the trainers get them as babies they put them in the strongest chains possible, so that no matter how hard he tries to escape he eventually comes to the logical conclusion that he can't. And incrementally, over the years they break that elephants spirit until he is fully grown and can be kept by a simple weak rope. Why? Because the real chains are heavily implanted in his mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Why is it then that I'm not experiencing any of this ridicule, mocking and abuse? Not even now with a NW3 shaved down to a 0. But a person on the internet says otherwise, it must be true then.

Because NW3 isn't bald. Become nw5 and when the mocking and crooked looks begin this internet type person will be here to say I told you so. Or maybe your just dumb, as your avatar would suggest...

Jockson

Established Member
Reaction score
I see. So you need to be NW3+ in order to be hated by society... for wearing a goatee. Or maybe I am just dumb, thereby escaping the insults and abuse. That makes sense.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Man, I've never known UC to get so personal. Must be other issues going on but don't take it out on the guys here. No one insinuated you're crazy, they just think you are misinterpreting people's reactions. Gotta agree with Fred, I mean you got two children dude. You really want them to see you as a victim? I would give anything to have a family, to have kids, why don't you focus on them like a real patriarch and stop thinking about yourself all the time.

seb

Reaction score
UCMan talks a lot of sense in my opinion, some of his posts are slightly tainted with all the negativity and bitterness of personal experiences, but this is understandable after losing nearly all his hair at such a young age. He makes some valid points and good real world observations.

Seb on the other hand comes across as slightly delusional, which I guess is to be expected given that a self-imposed life of isolation and misanthropy would surely make even the most hardy, confident soul, militantly paranoid and delusional after a while. Still, his uk facial hair theory is absolute nonsense, if anything I'd say we in the UK have an even more liberal attitude towards facial hair than the Americans do, unless he's sporting an ultra butch, American History X style beard like Marcus Hahnemann below, lol, I fail to see the problems. Look at the recent season of the Apprentice over here, some of the best male candidates on that show had ridiculous looking, shaggy beards, ffs, surely if people saw it as so gross and unprofessional looking as Seb makes out, the candidates would have been foreced to shave it by the time they got to the final 5, but no, they continued to sport the beards to the very end. We're not living in the 1950s anymore.

Perhaps then Primo, its my "ultra butch" skinhead style goatee that repels people....if I keep hacking away at it then there will be nothing left(being ginger and blond). I disagree slightly regarding the candidates on that show. Although not my type of beard(I prefer proper grown out mens ones, as opposed too these metrosexual halfway pounce ones) this the look that seems to be the only type of facial hair style that society accepts. Now, the bald pictured, if I wore a soul patch, would you not agree, I would be absolutely crucufied for it? A goatee on a bald man is a regular, generic look. I shouldnt be getting ANY s**t for it. I have full coverage and it fits my face.

View attachment 20897

- - - Updated - - -

why complaining about something you can shave off? I mean I wish I could have the option to grow and shave a thick full facial hair whenever and however I wanted. My facial hair only grows in patches and I am left with no option but to shave it everyday. So count your blessings! At least you are able to grow out beard when the other part of your hair on top is completely gone.

Because I dont want to shave, as I look like a big baby, and dont manly.

- - - Updated - - -

They also have perspective on what it's like wearing facial hair and apparently society despises men with goatees. Why is it then that I'm not experiencing any of this ridicule, mocking and abuse? Like none at all in the last 15+ years I haven't been clean shaven? Not even now with a NW3 shaved down to a 0. But a person on the internet says otherwise, it must be true then.

What colour is youre beard, how tall and big are you, what demeanour do you give off, and what skin palour are you?

- - - Updated - - -

Primo-Another reason why the candidates werent/arent told to shave, is because Alan Sugar sports a beard(if one can call that a beard). You have also highlighted my intial point that I been trying to get across(crudely). Ok, society may not despise facial hair as a whole, but they despise goatees(as a whole) certainly on bald men, especially in my case being fairly big.
I am sure if I have a stubble beard I would probably get less hassle, but as I stated, I dont believe this is my best look, plus I am now bendng over too society annd taking it up the tail-pipe.

- - - Updated - - -

UCman, you started balding at what? 24? I think you had it easy, try losing it at 17 and reach the NW5 stage at 23. Top surgeons told me I was one of the worst case they had ever seen. Yet I'm not experiencing the "hatred by society" you're talking about.

There is no way people are treating you like that because you're bald. It must be your personality, the way you carry yourself or your victim mentality.

I think I win. Trying being SLY at 23, clean shaven, pale and pasty, no masculine looking ,and a paultry 13st at just over 6ft 2".

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Perhaps then Primo, its my "ultra butch" skinhead style goatee that repels people....if I keep hacking away at it then there will be nothing left(being ginger and blond). I disagree slightly regarding the candidates on that show. Although not my type of beard(I prefer proper grown out mens ones, as opposed too these metrosexual halfway pounce ones) this the look that seems to be the only type of facial hair style that society accepts. Now, the bald pictured, if I wore a soul patch, would you not agree, I would be absolutely crucufied for it? A goatee on a bald man is a regular, generic look. I shouldnt be getting ANY s**t for it. I have full coverage and it fits my face.

View attachment 20897

- - - Updated - - -

Because I dont want to shave, as I look like a big baby, and dont manly.

- - - Updated - - -

What colour is youre beard, how tall and big are you, what demeanour do you give off, and what skin palour are you?

- - - Updated - - -

Primo-Another reason why the candidates werent/arent told to shave, is because Alan Sugar sports a beard(if one can call that a beard). You have also highlighted my intial point that I been trying to get across(crudely). Ok, society may not despise facial hair as a whole, but they despise goatees(as a whole) certainly on bald men, especially in my case being fairly big.
I am sure if I have a stubble beard I would probably get less hassle, but as I stated, I dont believe this is my best look, plus I am now bendng over too society annd taking it up the tail-pipe.

-

I agree Seb, you must go with what you believe is your best look and what you feel comfortable with, screw other worthless strangers' opinions. For example, I know from experience that when I go for a night out clean shaved, many women are all over me and on the whole find me a lot more approachable and presentable than with stubble, but I myself, hate looking like an unaesthetic, bulbus, penis-face and feel very uncomfortable with this look even if some women for some reason find it more appealing, therefore I maintain facial hair at all times.

I too have mainy blond and ginger facial hair, especially in the chin area, my coverage is not 100% around the cheeks and my beard growth is not extra thick, which is why I keep a shortly trimmed full beard, as I find this to be the best look given my type of facial hair. If I tried to grow a proper goatee it would look not only ginger, but wispy as f**k, so I don't bother. I have seen it done over here though, look at Burnley manager, Sean Dyche

sean_dyche.jpeg

I think much hostility directed towards you as a person, is pure, jealous rage from shorter, less muscular specimens. I fully admit that as a 5ft 8 guy, when I'm in a room full of tall 6ft+ men, my instant reaction is always "ffs, why am I surrounded by all these tall wankers" I can't help but frown upon them with jealousy because they make me look and feel much shorter than I am. You can't make any apologies for being a good height and having a good physique though, it's an attractive feature and something which society in general admire, like I said forget what worthless strangers think. I'm saying all of them, but a good proportion surely must feel intimidated and insecure in the presence of your tall, muscular physique.

seb

Reaction score
I agree Seb, you must go with what you believe is your best look and what you feel comfortable with, screw other worthless strangers' opinions. For example, I know from experience that when I go for a night out clean shaved, many women are all over me and on the whole find me a lot more approachable and presentable than with stubble, but I myself, hate looking like an unaesthetic, bulbus, penis-face and feel very uncomfortable with this look even if some women for some reason find it more appealing, therefore I maintain facial hair at all times.

I too have mainy blond and ginger facial hair, especially in the chin area, my coverage is not 100% around the cheeks and my beard growth is not extra thick, which is why I keep a shortly trimmed full beard, as I find this to be the best look given my type of facial hair. If I tried to grow a proper goatee it would look not only ginger, but wispy as f**k, so I don't bother. I have seen it done over here though, look at Burnley manager, Sean Dyche

View attachment 20901

I think much hostility directed towards you as a person, is pure, jealous rage from shorter, less muscular specimens. I fully admit that as a 5ft 8 guy, when I'm in a room full of tall 6ft+ men, my instant reaction is always "ffs, why am I surrounded by all these tall wankers" I can't help but frown upon them with jealousy because they make me look and feel much shorter than I am. You can't make any apologies for being a good height and having a good physique though, it's an attractive feature and something which society in general admire, like I said forget what worthless strangers think. I'm saying all of them, but a good proportion surely must feel intimidated and insecure in the presence of your tall, muscular physique.

You make some good points there Primo. Do you think Sean Dyches goatee is wispy though? If that is the point you are making, I strongly disagree. Goatees, in general usually appear slightly thinner than beards, especially if a light colour, as it can be translucent in certain lighting. Plus, the coverage is only concentrated in a small area, as opposed to a full beard.
Regarding women. Ha, yes, virtaully all prefer clean shaven. It cant be a coincidence that I attract alot of rough and tumble women when sporting the goatee.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score

I've said that before to Seb. The problem with Seb and UCMan is that they do not want to stand out. They cannot take hate from jealous shorties.

For us shorties it is the opposite. We hate being invisible and passed over.

Blending in.
You have no idea what it's like...
Always blending in.
You forget who you are.
Eventually, you start to forget who you ever were.
They push you and push you further into the margins.
Treat you like dirt. Take away your manhood.

seb

Reaction score
I've said that before to Seb. The problem with Seb and UCMan is that they do not want to stand out. They cannot take hate from jealous shorties.

For us shorties it is the opposite. We hate being invisible and passed over.

Blending in.
You have no idea what it's like...
Always blending in.
You forget who you are.
Eventually, you start to forget who you ever were.
They push you and push you further into the margins.
Treat you like dirt. Take away your manhood.

Blending in though, one becomes inconspicuous.

slipy

Reaction score
seb and ucman arent even that tall. that height is pretty normal by today's standards. it's an unlikely reason.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
The baldness is the common cause. Seb and I don't really look very similar at all. I'm skinny, he isn't. He's ginger, I'm not. Baldness is the only thing we share, that and the flack we get for it.... which has shaped our worldviews very similar.

I'm glad Seb returned. This place needs realists to keep it grounded.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Blending in though, one becomes inconspicuous.

Why would you want to be inconspicuous? Just one of the masses? To whom ladies pay no attention?

I want to be tall.
I want to be super smart.
I want to be handsome.
I want to be jacked.
I want to be very rich.

All these say I want to stand out.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Pessimists always fancy calling themselves "realists." Your reality is what you make it.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Pessimists always fancy calling themselves "realists." Your reality is what you make it.

"Lord, grant me the serenity to change what I can, accept what I cannot and the wisdom to know the difference."

I cannot change being bald, I cannot change other's hostility towards me because of it but I refuse to accept being regarded as human trash. I refuse to accept that.

- - - Updated - - -

Your reality is what you make it. It's true to an extent. There are things that are within our control that we can directly influence as to take the reins and drive your life to it's desired destination.... but that control only extends so far until things are out of our hands. But there are things that are beyond our control that dictate our reality too. Everyone's reality is as different as we are from each other. I believe a big factor as to what determines someones reality is what they look like, which is for the most part beyond control. You can only work with what you have but not everyone is created equal and their realities will reflect that somehow. There are other factors of course but I feel socially obligated to obide by the "best" policy, which is honesty at the price of my own happiness and resist succumbing to a hair piece.

seb

Reaction score
seb and ucman arent even that tall. that height is pretty normal by today's standards. it's an unlikely reason.

Very true, depending where I am, I can feel average in height. Some people seem to think I am 6ft, probably because I have big, rounded shoulders that are slightly hunched(plus a wide back). Although some peoples perception is comical. I have been called anything from 5ft 11 to 6ft 6....a big fu**ing difference!
No, the main reason I get loads of crap is because of my facial features.

- - - Updated - - -

Why would you want to be inconspicuous? Just one of the masses? To whom ladies pay no attention?

I want to be tall.
I want to be super smart.
I want to be handsome.
I want to be jacked.
I want to be very rich.

All these say I want to stand out.

Bit long in the tooth now for "ladies". No of cause I dont want too be like the rest of the mindless flock, just want to be able to do ny shopping/walk down the street etc and not have to hear people muttering/people looking with a smirk on their face. Is that really too much to ask?....especially now I am middle aged.

- - - Updated - - -

Very true, depending where I am, I can feel average in height. Some people seem to think I am 6ft, probably because I have big, rounded shoulders that are slightly hunched(plus a wide back). Although some peoples perception is comical. I have been called anything from 5ft 11 to 6ft 6....a big fu**ing difference!
No, the main reason I get loads of crap is because of my facial features.

- - - Updated - - -

Bit long in the tooth now for "ladies". No of cause I dont want too be like the rest of the mindless flock, just want to be able to do ny shopping/walk down the street etc and not have to hear people muttering/people looking with a smirk on their face. Is that really too much to ask?....especially now I am middle aged.

Ah, nothing really matters anyway does it....Im dissolving.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
By saying that your reality is what you make it Im not saying you can make yourself into Brad Pitt just by willing it so. Im just saying you influence how you see the world. I know what it's like to be paranoid that people are talking about me and laughing at me, I started running downtown which is something I was always afraid to do because I thought people would laugh at me. They may very well make fun of me but now I just don't care because it's their problem not mine. I just choose to not really care anymore, if I cared to much it would be giving power to those who don't deserve it and I refuse to do that.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
By saying that your reality is what you make it Im not saying you can make yourself into Brad Pitt just by willing it so. Im just saying you influence how you see the world. I know what it's like to be paranoid that people are talking about me and laughing at me, I started running downtown which is something I was always afraid to do because I thought people would laugh at me. They may very well make fun of me but now I just don't care because it's their problem not mine. I just choose to not really care anymore, if I cared to much it would be giving power to those who don't deserve it and I refuse to do that.

+1

seb

Reaction score

I wish people would stop saying I am paronoid. Hyper-sensitive, yes, paranoid, no. Paranoid is a three syllabol word that is so commonly understand that the person stating it needs not to explain themselves. To say I am paranoid, is to say I am seeing and hearing things that are not really happening.
Two examples over the last three days.
1-Delievering the post, some workman says, "you need a hat like mine", and starts laughing(and no he wasnt bald underneath). But hey, I suppose he was just having a laugh eh....yeah, at my expense, belittling me infront of his mates. three against one.
2-Walked past two grown women. One was stuttering something about chin. Her friend told her too stop being a b**ch. Obviously taking the pi** out of the goatee.
3-Walking past a pub(opposite side). Some swamp fodder with no top on, shouts "get youre hair cut".
But hey, these are normal, everyday occurances that everbody gets right. Its me again taking it to heart......im just "paranoid"

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
I wish people would stop saying I am paronoid. Hyper-sensitive, yes, paranoid, no. Paranoid is a three syllabol word that is so commonly understand that the person stating it needs not to explain themselves. To say I am paranoid, is to say I am seeing and hearing things that are not really happening.
Two examples over the last three days.
1-Delievering the post, some workman says, "you need a hat like mine", and starts laughing(and no he wasnt bald underneath). But hey, I suppose he was just having a laugh eh....yeah, at my expense, belittling me infront of his mates. three against one.
2-Walked past two grown women. One was stuttering something about chin. Her friend told her too stop being a b**ch. Obviously taking the pi** out of the goatee.
3-Walking past a pub(opposite side). Some swamp fodder with no top on, shouts "get youre hair cut".
But hey, these are normal, everyday occurances that everbody gets right. Its me again taking it to heart......im just "paranoid"

You dont get it dude no one is saying that you dont get called names cause i mean who hasnt been called a name? and that you are lying no one is saying that but just like UCMan you seem paranoid at times...like the three stories you just said number 1 and 3 fair does but number 2? you said something about a chin right? did you fully got what they said? or just assumed it was about you?