RIDICULE

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't know what was up with his hair when he was in Genesis though haha. I wish I had those cut, distinguished features he has!

Reaction score
I didn't have LASIK, I'm not stupid, I had PRK :).

Yes it was very painful, the most painful experience of my life, but I have 12/10 vision now so it was worth it.

A bit off topic, but PRK is actually an older method that involves the whole epithelium (outer layer) being mechanically scraped off. It's far more invasive than LASIK (hence the pain). Your eye is prone to infection for a period of 7 days. Worst case scenario - you may even lose an eyeball.

Before I had LASIK done (December 2001) I had looked into other methods as well. Fact - no medical center in my country considered doing PRK on both eyes at the same time, explained above. As for Kathy, I guess she went to some charlatan, not a professional ophthalmologist.

seb

Reaction score
If that's truly the case why do you feel you stand out so much? Phil Collins and Sting look awesome bald.

- - - Updated - - -

Hell, I think even Karl Pilkington pulls it off even if his head is perfectly spherical.

Why do I think I stand out. Right.... Most baldies are clean shaven, I aint. Most baldies are below 6ft, I aint. Most baldies have no shape, I am 16.5st. Most baldies appear happy, I wear my heart on my sleeve. The main one is I am baby-faced, thus all the aforementioned is a paradox too the look I adorn, it is confusing for people. For example, two days ago, I heard(as clear as day) an black woman say "why does he want to look like that"!. Her partner had his head down, obviously not wanting to get involved. People think I choose to walk around like this. There is a certain choice going on, but I am pretty f**king limited. Anyway, people have repeatedly said this is the best I can look.

- - - Updated - - -

Phil and Sting are NOT pale and pasty, and have quite strong masculine faces.

seb

Reaction score
you want to be shorter than 6ft?

As for the weight, you could lose that if you really tried

Of course not! I am not fat at 103kg, quite skinny still. I was marking those stats as an example to the poster who said why I think I am any different to the other uk based baldies. Being fairly big puts people on edge. Along with this onion head, and the poxy ginger goatee, it irritates those who come into contact with me.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
I went to one of the best eye surgeon in Belgium, and he would refuse to perform LASIK on a person who has less than -5 myopia. Horror stories like that are common on the internet, I'm sure you can even find a horror story about a FUE procedure.

What was your myopia before the surgery?

- - - Updated - - -

Why do I think I stand out. Right.... Most baldies are clean shaven, I aint. Most baldies are below 6ft, I aint. Most baldies have no shape, I am 16.5st. Most baldies appear happy, I wear my heart on my sleeve. The main one is I am baby-faced, thus all the aforementioned is a paradox too the look I adorn, it is confusing for people. For example, two days ago, I heard(as clear as day) an black woman say "why does he want to look like that"!. Her partner had his head down, obviously not wanting to get involved. People think I choose to walk around like this. There is a certain choice going on, but I am pretty f**king limited. Anyway, people have repeatedly said this is the best I can look.

- - - Updated - - -

Phil and Sting are NOT pale and pasty, and have quite strong masculine faces.

Take a picture and post it here or PM me. I am sure we can give you some style tips, being baldites and actually living it everyday.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
With a nice style and some Steve Jobs glasses you might look alright. Everyone just has to find their look.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
With a nice style and some Steve Jobs glasses you might look alright. Everyone just has to find their look.

This.

There is a guy in my gym. Short-ish 5.8 or so. Not huge, but jacked and with quite big arms for his size. He has a short, cropped NW6 horseshoe. Not shaved, not 0 razorguard. A short, but making no bones about it horseshoe. He has confidence. And he pulls it off very well, looks nice IMHO.

seb

Reaction score

I supposedly have found my optimum style. Sly, with goatee. Although you wouldnt think it with the amount of abuse I get.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Phil Collins looks awesome bald.

This is where you lost me, and any shred of credibility. Phil Collins looks like ****. If ever there was a poster boy for lonely incel has been musicians, Phil Collins is it. You ever listen to his music? Most of his songs are about unrequainted love go figure.

- - - Updated - - -

I've read many testimonies from bald men on the internet all consistent with my own experience with being ridiculed for baldness. There are a few on this site that can relate to this experience as well. To anyone who thinks we are exaggerating, simply being delusionally paranoid because you personally have never witnessed it yourself all I have to say is **** you.
You come to this site looking for information and support for yourself but for the few of us who are bald and suffering you have nothing but cynicism for us and patronizingly call us "crazy".

So **** you guys, really. From the core of my tourtured soul, you can all go to hell.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So, because my opinion is that Phil Collins looks good bald I should go to Hell? You can stop hiding behind your witty, passive aggressive statuses because you just showed your true colors. Just because we're more positive gives you no right to talk to anyone like that. No one here has attacked you, only offered opposite opinions but perhaps we should be miserable old douchebags too.

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score
JEEZ you have got to be the most offensive person around here. "Many testimonials"? You can find testimonials on the internet of people who were abducted by aliens. Vocal minorities don't prove anything.

You lack perspective, pretending otherwise and saying you have a "tortured soul" is just plain ridiculous. There are people out there with actual problems and no I don't mean people with big ears.

slipy

Reaction score
perhaps we should be miserable old douchebags too.

don't rush it, there will be plenty of time for that once you're bald. all in due time.

if anyone has perspective on what it's like being bald here then that's uman and seb.

i feel compelled to admit, that they almost had me, Uc man. they almost had me question my belief in you, making me contemplate the posibility of you being a paranoid delusional freak like they would like everyone to believe. im glad to announce that everything's restored back to norm. partly at least.
tell me, could it be that your biggest problem with being bald and what disturbs you the most is that you know you had massive potential with hair? maybe you crave validation and positive attention which you know has been denied to you becuse of baldness. vanity in nutshell. so you try to rationalize and justify your dissatisfaction by producing this ''hatred of society'' issue. please tell me im wrong and dispel these doubts.

when i consider the nature of human beings and the ugliness of male pattern baldness a collission is clearely bound to happen, 2+2=4, it's simple math. leaves me little doubt about what uc man and seb are testifying on here.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
don't rush it, there will be plenty of time for that once you're bald. all in due time.

if anyone has perspective on what it's like being bald here then that's uman and seb.

i feel compelled to admit, that they almost had me, Uc man. they almost had me question my belief in you, making me contemplate the posibility of you being a paranoid delusional freak like they would like everyone to believe. im glad to announce that everything's restored back to norm. partly at least.
tell me, could it be that your biggest problem with being bald and what disturbs you the most is that you know you had massive potential with hair? maybe you crave validation and positive attention which you know has been denied to you becuse of baldness. vanity in nutshell. so you try to rationalize and justify your dissatisfaction by producing this ''hatred of society'' issue. please tell me im wrong and dispel these doubts.

when i consider the nature of human beings and the ugliness of male pattern baldness a collission is clearely bound to happen, 2+2=4, it's simple math. leaves me little doubt about what uc man and seb are testifying on here.

Dont rush it huh? ****ing lol...what? you think it is all nice an dandy with hair?... i may not be bald like them but let me tell you now i dont look like someone who is in the NW1 or 2 range im pretty much halfway there and i can see it going in the crown area now also...and you dont see me going round with a frown when i had hair i was **** on bullied since about year 2 but primary school wasnt to bad...then there was the comp (high school) which was terrible every year...but thats school right? carried on after school i was in the coach coming back from boxing training i was 18 some were older an younger in the coach...i had long hair but guess what? i was bullied head hit against the coach window people pulling my hair etc...we all gone through **** he is not the only one but he needs to wake up life has arseholes think it is better with hair? think a god damn again.

seb

Reaction score
Dont rush it huh? ****ing lol...what? you think it is all nice an dandy with hair?... i may not be bald like them but let me tell you now i dont look like someone who is in the NW1 or 2 range im pretty much halfway there and i can see it going in the crown area now also...and you dont see me going round with a frown when i had hair i was **** on bullied since about year 2 but primary school wasnt to bad...then there was the comp (high school) which was terrible every year...but thats school right? carried on after school i was in the coach coming back from boxing training i was 18 some were older an younger in the coach...i had long hair but guess what? i was bullied head hit against the coach window people pulling my hair etc...we all gone through **** he is not the only one but he needs to wake up life has arseholes think it is better with hair? think a god damn again.

You make valid points, but we, as the recipients have too some how deal with this constant jibe of ones external being. At the end of the day its our issue, not the plebs that say the stuff they do.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
I'm sorry Eureka, but there's nothing more actual as a problem than baldness at a young age. And I mean common of course, I'm not talking about young guys getting cancer at 17 or anything. I'm almost at peace with hair loss now (well not quite, considering I have a FUE scheduled in a few months) but you can't say things like that, especially in here. Like Spencer Kobren often says on the Bald Truth, hair loss is a disease of the spirit, and it has to be taken seriously. I don't advocate what UCman or seb saying that people would burn bald people at the stake if they could, that's just insane, but I don't like that someone minimizes our problems.

I saw that I'm not included in the ones who can understand what it's like so, maybe a little reminder:

understand.jpg

And this was taken a few months ago, I'm worse off now.

What my hair looks now.

Jockson

Established Member
Reaction score

They also have perspective on what it's like wearing facial hair and apparently society despises men with goatees. Why is it then that I'm not experiencing any of this ridicule, mocking and abuse? Like none at all in the last 15+ years I haven't been clean shaven? Not even now with a NW3 shaved down to a 0. But a person on the internet says otherwise, it must be true then.

Baldie101

Established Member
Reaction score
Woah...I come back to this part of the section and I see even uncomfortable man has gotten emo.
Sure there are people that make fun of you but I don't think it got anything to do with being bald. It got something to do with them being retards. Saying that it's only because of you being bald that the world is being mean sounds like lack of self confidence which I normally connect with racists. They don't work and then blame others for their faults and think the world is against them etcetc. Seek help if you are in this position. A forum like this won't be able to help with anything, heck we may even make it worse. We aren't qualified to help you.

Btw uncomfortable man I don't find you crazy, well except your last post which sounds too alike seb. Seb isn't crazy either, just misunderstood. I find you being suspicious of people saying they are bald to think of them not being bald. Well, I do too sometimes. So nothing to make you strange there.
So dude, who ridiculed you for being bald? What did you do about it? Hopefully you told him or just did a kick ;)

I already told my solution to Seb's problems but he can't be saved. People who don't like themselves can't get out of their self-made hellhole, specially when they got no wish to do so.

Btw are there any admins/moderators on the forum? I wonder what "Impact of hair loss" means since I keep seeing lots of topics that got nothing to do with this topic or which could be merged since they are on the same topic and started by the same person.

They also have perspective on what it's like wearing facial hair and apparently society despises men with goatees. Why is it then that I'm not experiencing any of this ridicule, mocking and abuse? Like none at all in the last 15+ years I haven't been clean shaven? Not even now with a NW3 shaved down to a 0. But a person on the internet says otherwise, it must be true then.

Pshhh...how dare you talk about baldness, you lowly NW3. If you don't reach the Norwood 5 (or 6) like me you got no right to have an opinion about anything related to being bald. :hairy:

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
UCMan talks a lot of sense in my opinion, some of his posts are slightly tainted with all the negativity and bitterness of personal experiences, but this is understandable after losing nearly all his hair at such a young age. He makes some valid points and good real world observations.

Seb on the other hand comes across as slightly delusional, which I guess is to be expected given that a self-imposed life of isolation and misanthropy would surely make even the most hardy, confident soul, militantly paranoid and delusional after a while. Still, his uk facial hair theory is absolute nonsense, if anything I'd say we in the UK have an even more liberal attitude towards facial hair than the Americans do, unless he's sporting an ultra butch, American History X style beard like Marcus Hahnemann below, lol, I fail to see the problems. Look at the recent season of the Apprentice over here, some of the best male candidates on that show had ridiculous looking, shaggy beards, ffs, surely if people saw it as so gross and unprofessional looking as Seb makes out, the candidates would have been foreced to shave it by the time they got to the final 5, but no, they continued to sport the beards to the very end. We're not living in the 1950s anymore.

marcus-hahnemann.jpg

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
I agree with all that , Primo, but the Apprentice is primarily a TV show and not representative of real life.

Facial hair is usually not a problem in society these days, but that said, if I went to a job interview looking like Jerry Garcia, it could count against me. It shouldn't, but it could. There's no getting away from the fact that facial hair, especially thick beards significantly alter a man's appearance, for better or for worse. How many recent UK Prime Ministers or US presidents have had facial hair? (or politicians in general)

Facial hair does still carry connotations - although not nearly to the paranoid extent that Seb makes out admittedly