Revivogen

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Stingray said:
Last I checked I wasn't a hamster...

OH MY GOD!! Somebody alert the scientific community that animal tests are invalid!!

Those FOOLS...how could they have screwed that up all these years?? (Pounding fists on the ground and sobbing uncontrollably...)

Bryan

G

1) they havent been shown to inhibit 5a reductase in the context of hair loss. Im sure the hamsters may be happy about their experiments but it doesnt prove anything.

2) If fatty acids did do anything then eating then will have the same effects. It just would!!! You moron! Fatty acids can travel systemically to all the tissues in the body where the chemical reactions take place.

3) The poor hamsters hair growth was inhibited when juiced up with fatty acids. You need a nice clean scalp to grow hair.

4) The truth is the makers of revivogen know it doesnt work or else they would do a clinically controlled test to prove it and make more money for themselves.

5) point 4 stands on its own they are just running scared coining in from peoples fears.

6) point 4 is in fact, fact.

G

Hollywood said:
1)

2) If fatty acids did do anything then eating then will have the same effects. It just would!!! You moron! Fatty acids can travel systemically to all the tissues in the body where the chemical reactions take place.

This statement is absurd. Factually, many substances that are ingested simply do not work as they might if they were say, injected or applied topically. That is a medical fact and well know. It is, among other reasons, why you are often given a topical drug when there the same drug drug available to be taken orally.

In fact, SOD is a subtance that cannot be effectively used orally due to what happens to it in the digestive process. It can however, be applied topically if you want to get it to the scalp.

Being that you claim to be a BICHEMIST, I am at a loss that you cannot understand something that is so fundamental to human chemistry.

Stingray

Reaction score
Fatty acids are more than likely turned mostly into lipids and stored by the body. I'm sure the body produces enough fatty acids for it's own well being.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Hollywood said:
1) they havent been shown to inhibit 5a reductase in the context of hair loss. Im sure the hamsters may be happy about their experiments but it doesnt prove anything.

Uh-huh. So instead of the simple explanation that topically-applied fatty acids do indeed inhibit 5a-reductase in hair follicles (the hamsters' hair follicle growth inhibition; the in-house testing done by Revivogen {see the pics of some of their test subjects}) and without any question whatever within sebaceous glands (both in the hamster test AND the human test), you prefer the alternate explanation that topically-applied fatty acids zoom into seb glands like a smart-bomb into Saddam Hussein's bunker, without ever touching the nearby hair follicle!

If you prefer that contrived answer to the simple and obvious one, then at this very moment, William of Occam must be spinning in his grave! :lol:

Hollywood said:

Bruce Lee gave a good reply to that objection. You couldn't achieve the same local concentration of the fatty acid by taking it orally that you could by flooding the area with it topically. You are quite naive if you believe otherwise. And, as I indicated previously, there IS a study which found that giving a substantial oral GLA supplement was not able to stop the production of DHT.

Bryan

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Stingray said:
Fatty acids are more than likely turned mostly into lipids and stored by the body.

Well, that's correct, although you may have had something else in mind when you said that. A simple lipid by definition is an ester of fatty acids and alcohols, so clearly a fatty acid is a *constituent* of lipids.

Notice that I asked "Hollywood" about his statement that topical fatty acids would get "broken down", and that he failed to respond. That's because his statement didn't make much sense! What would they be "broken down" into? Would the carboxylic acid groups be removed, leaving behind simple hydrocarbons like methane, ethane, propane, etc.? Not bloody likely! :lol:

Bryan

Stingray

Reaction score
I'm no chemist, so I pulled a word out at that I thought meant 'fat-stores'. That's what I was referring to by 'lipids'.

hair mchair

Established Member
Reaction score
Stingray said:
I'm no chemist, so I pulled a word out at that I thought meant 'fat-stores'. That's what I was referring to by 'lipids'.

heh. making stuff up is fun man :)

Stingray

Reaction score
Yea...welcome to the medical field :D where we make sh*t up and sell it to you at a premium price!

brad

Reaction score
Revivogen *and* Rogaine? (or Monoxidil)

Hi there,

This is my first post! :)

I've heard lots of talk about monoxidil needing to be used with Propecia/Avodart/Proscar for best results. I guess the same should be said about Revivogen? Has anyone done it with more positive results than just monoxidil by itself?

Here's some background on my hairloss treatments.

I started using Rogaine back in the early 90's when I first noticed I could see my scalp more easily through my hair on top. I was about 23 or 24 then. The Rogaine seemed to work for about 2 years and then hair loss seemed to start up again. So I bounced around to other products which I gave about 6 to 9 months each to see results before switching back to Rogaine to recover from the increased hair loss. Now I'm on Revivogen alone and it seems that I have lost the hairs grown by Rogaine, but hints of new hairs keep showing up, so I'm not totally turned off on it yet. This July will be 12 months of me using Revivogen alone. At that time, I'm thinking of switching to Propecia or Avodart (or Proscar?). But I'm now toying with the idea of trying monoxidil *with* Revivogen. Think it's worth it?

Also, let me ask for clarity, there is no difference in results between generic monoxidil and Rogaine, correct?

Thanks in advance!

VoRteX

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

This is my first post!

I've heard lots of talk about monoxidil needing to be used with Propecia/Avodart/Proscar for best results. I guess the same should be said about Revivogen? Has anyone done it with more positive results than just monoxidil by itself?

Here's some background on my hairloss treatments.

I started using Rogaine back in the early 90's when I first noticed I could see my scalp more easily through my hair on top. I was about 23 or 24 then. The Rogaine seemed to work for about 2 years and then hair loss seemed to start up again. So I bounced around to other products which I gave about 6 to 9 months each to see results before switching back to Rogaine to recover from the increased hair loss. Now I'm on Revivogen alone and it seems that I have lost the hairs grown by Rogaine, but hints of new hairs keep showing up, so I'm not totally turned off on it yet. This July will be 12 months of me using Revivogen alone. At that time, I'm thinking of switching to Propecia or Avodart (or Proscar?). But I'm now toying with the idea of trying monoxidil *with* Revivogen. Think it's worth it?

Also, let me ask for clarity, there is no difference in results between generic monoxidil and Rogaine, correct?

Thanks in advance!

There is no difference between generic minoxidil and rogaine. Costco has the best deal, 4 bottles of 5% for 19.99!

Revivogen is unproven and I dont use it.

Your best bet would be to get on finasteride 1mg/day, minoxidil 5% 2x/day, and use Nizoral 3x/week.

brad

Reaction score
There is no difference between generic minoxidil and rogaine. Costco has the best deal, 4 bottles of 5% for 19.99!
Thanks!

Revivogen is unproven and I dont use it.
Although I admit that I do seem to have shed quite a bit of hair, only thinning vs. increased hair loss area has been the effect. After using it for about 3 months, I had a few stray hairs pop up in places on my temple areas where hair has not been in 10 years! They have since fallen out and "peach fuzz" has seemed to increased in the hairless temple areas. That's why I've stayed on it. To see what's next. But that seems to be it and now I'm wondering if combining it with a hair growth stimulant like monoxidil might enhance it's effectiveness similar to its use with finasteride.

Your best bet would be to get on finasteride 1mg/day, minoxidil 5% 2x/day, and use Nizoral 3x/week.
So, what kinds of results has this given for you?

I know nothing about nizoral, so I'll look into that.

Thanks!

Stingray

Reaction score
Nizoral is a good shampoo to use to counter the itching effects of minoxidil. It also helps to decrease sebum production, and ease inflammation; a KEY role in losing hair.

Get on it brother.

Comes in a 1% solution (which is all you need) from the store for like 9-12 bucks a bottle. Lasts like 3 months. I love it :)

6pak

Reaction score
I've been on a Revivogen/minoxidil. regimen for 11 months. I have been applying 1ml minoxidil. in the mourning and 1ml Reviogen in the evenings. My hailoss has slowed, but has not stopped. I do not believe I have had much growth, but my hairloss is not noticable yet to others. My right temple is my worst spot. I decided to get finateride with today being my third day. I ordered the generic from the link posted on this website, and decided to split the 1mg pills in two, as 0.5mg seems to be about as effective as 1mg ( I hope that this is really finasteride and not some cheap sugar pill ). For shampoo I rotate between nizoral, tsal, and head n shoulders.

I've been a reader of this website for over a year, and I would like to thank everyone for posting their knowledge and experiences with different regimens.

G

6pak said:
I've been on a Revivogen/minoxidil. regimen for 11 months. I have been applying 1ml minoxidil. in the mourning and 1ml Reviogen in the evenings. My hailoss has slowed, but has not stopped. I do not believe I have had much growth, but my hairloss is not noticable yet to others. My right temple is my worst spot. I decided to get finateride with today being my third day. I ordered the generic from the link posted on this website, and decided to split the 1mg pills in two, as 0.5mg seems to be about as effective as 1mg ( I hope that this is really finasteride and not some cheap sugar pill ). For shampoo I rotate between nizoral, tsal, and head n shoulders.

I've been a reader of this website for over a year, and I would like to thank everyone for posting their knowledge and experiences with different regimens.

Good luck. Keep us posted.

:lol:

fishfan

Reaction score
:)
I definitely would recommend Revivogen, I think it has helped me. I was shedding something fierce about a month ago and I added Revivogen Solution/Shampoo and Folligen and the shedding ended within a few days. I am without a doubt a NW5-6,and I am currently using Xandrox with Retin-A/Propecia/Nizoral. I have seen tremendous gains in my hair paritcularly in the crown area. I would definitely give it a try if you are thinking of using it, but you must be on it awhile (6 months) before you really can assess how well it would do for you.

Reading all of the clinical studies it doesn't appear that any medication or therapy really gains its full stregnth and you can make an assesment, at least that's what I have seen in all the real medical studies. Best of luck, your hair can grow back, you just have to be patient and find the right treatment for you. I used minoxidil 2% for years with no results, it wasn't until I brought in Xandrox 12%/5% with Az acid and added Retin A using Nizoral and Propecia that my hair stop falling out, and in fact has begun to regrow. I have been losing the battle for years, and I can tell you that your hair will grow back, you just need to find what works for you!
Take care and good luck again!

Derek

Reaction score
B6 in Revivogen

There are two types of Vitamin B6. Revivogen uses pyridoxine hydrochloride for it's B6. At least from some of what I have read, it is the other type of B6, pyridoxal hydrochloride that decreases 5 alpha-R. Pyridoxine actually increases 5 alpha-R. Does anyone believe this is a concern for those who use Revivogen?

Derek

Reaction score
B6 in Revivogen

For anyone interested, I e-mailed revivogen about the type of B-6 they use and they told me it was in fact pyridoxal that they use, not pyridoxine. They told me the information I had, which was from MMT research, was incorrect. I wonder if the information from MMT may have been outdated and Revivogen used to use pyridoxine and changed it to pyridoxal. Who knows. But at least now I know they are using the right stuff.