Revivogen

G

hydrophobic nature of unsaturated fats

As opposed to what? Saturated fats? All other fats? Their relatively insoluble, too. That distinction is irrelevant. We're talking about oil and water in a bottle, sans emulsion. There's going to be an organic phase and an aqueous phase. Actually, even in an emulsion.

They need a better emulsifier if they want to avoid a separate organic phase. Then again, I have no idea whether or not multi-phase transport would be good or bad. Sometimes multiple phases can increase activity in one or more phases and shift phase equilibria. And speculation on it would be pretty much useless, only testing would tell. The multi-ordered responses of these types of systems are better analyzed after the fact empirically to improve upon what is already known, predictions in advance merely allow for skipping a few steps in the trail and error process in these sorts of cases.

Now can anyone tell me why my scalp looks like a smooth piece of shiny plastic?

strugglinghair

Reaction score
Yeddie:

I don't know about your shiny scalp I haven't started Revivogen yet.
I am starting with Minoxidil.
I guess the oily product penetrates into the skin and stays there
even if you take a shower. I guess that this is normal (but must be annoying, no?)

G

It's the "peel" I think.

The revivogen is not really burning me much anymore and I'm hoping the shiny thing will go away.

I don't have the shiny thing after applying revivogen. I only have it the next day after showering. And I have started to believe that it is either the result of the initial burn I endured being aggravated or ongoing peel induced, Dr. Lee's website says retin-a is a chemical peel. My skin is still hardening and peeling in the area of application. I think the shininess and smooth, tight surface are reminiscent of sunburn and I think it's something similar.

Since it doesn't hurt anymore I am going to continue for now. Obviously I would not be willing to live with this condition. If it doesn't go away or it worsens then I will stop treatment for a longer period before trying again, it's very likely the couple of days was not enough to get rid of all the dead skin or something.

Stingray

Reaction score
I've just noticed the redness on my head...dunno what it's caused by, but it MIGHT be the Retin-A I use. It doesnt hurt or itch or anything....but it's red and shiney. What does it mean?!?!?!?

dis

Reaction score
I just opened the new bottles of Revivogen, and I still see the separation after some time, but it's not as bad as before. Anyway, the separation issue does not seem like much to worry about.

However, I did notice that the new bottles appear to have a reduced smell, so maybe Revivogen was listening to their customers. I just hope that the reduced smell does not mean reduced results. In other words, I hope it's not a weaker formula.

Quartz

Reaction score
JEFFREY...

Coming upto 4 months myself mate and I have to say nothing to report, in fact yesterday I noticed my crown had thinned more than ever - I had to catch my breath it was so alarming.

This site argues for the minimum of six months use of a treatment before you can assess results, but I would argue that after four you should at least see a stop in deterioration.

So I am considering ditching Revivogen for another topical called Zix, which is a homemade solution using Zinc sulphate and Vitamin B6, and which a lot of people are claiming success with over at Hairlosshelp.com (apols HairLossTalk.com!!).

It's very cheap to make and sounds like it might have more going for it.

all the best

q

Quartz

Reaction score
JEFFREY....

Good luck with that; shame you couldn't use Propecia - what were the side effects you suffered?

I have had watery semen and lack of morning wood (although getting an erection is no problem when called upon, it just doesn't happen 'automatically'!)

I have had no luck with Propecia, that's why I added Revivogen - so I have been using both, meaning the Doctor you spoke to is talking out of his *** as there's no evidence that the two work synergistically.

Despite all this, I read something that claimed Revivogen is one of the top selling hairloss products. :roll:

Either there are enough desparate people around to try it or it does actually work for some!

If it does, I like you have yet to see the testimony's.

all the best

q

chuckfrasher

Reaction score
Stingray said:
I've just noticed the redness on my head...dunno what it's caused by, but it MIGHT be the Retin-A I use. It doesnt hurt or itch or anything....but it's red and shiney. What does it mean?!?!?!?

That's a normal reaction that usually subsides with time but with the summer months coming up, be very careful with retin-a in the sun. Maybe consider useing it less or using a leave-in conditioner that has a sun block. It can really f*ck up your skin if you are not careful in the sun.

Stingray

Reaction score
Gawd, do I have a horror story with vitamin A to tell. I was on Accutane back in my senior year...me and my family decided to take a beach trip. Well, I didn't think anything about wearing like SPF-5000 while there. Anyways...It was such a beautiful fukkin day, so I lay down in the sand and soak up some rays...well, I fell asleep. An hour later I wake up and i swear to friggen christ I couldn't even feel my back. Well, needless to say...the scars from the sunburn finally healed up a year ago. Yea, this all happened almot 4 years ago. Tretinoin is some seriously potent sh*t. So only use it at night before bed.

chuckfrasher

Reaction score
Stingray said:
Gawd, do I have a horror story with vitamin A to tell. I was on Accutane back in my senior year...me and my family decided to take a beach trip. Well, I didn't think anything about wearing like SPF-5000 while there. Anyways...It was such a beautiful fukkin day, so I lay down in the sand and soak up some rays...well, I fell asleep. An hour later I wake up and i swear to friggen christ I couldn't even feel my back. Well, needless to say...the scars from the sunburn finally healed up a year ago. Yea, this all happened almot 4 years ago. Tretinoin is some seriously potent sh*t. So only use it at night before bed.

It will still mess you up the next day if you don't wear a sun screen.

Stingray

Reaction score
Oh yea, without a doubt...but it's worse when fresh.

Quartz

Reaction score
Well chaps, five and half months on and I didn't reorder Revivogen.

Obviously I'm disappointed as it's another weapon in the armoury that's proven useless.

Even though I only applied once a day it took a lot of doing because the stuff leaves your hair looking rubbish.

Dis - are you still on it and if so how you doing?

I'm thinking of trying Dutasteride next to be honest...it's time for the big guns.

All the best chaps.

Q

RalphyWiggum

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, I don't have an opinion on Revivogen's efficacy either way (since I have never used it), but there are studies that show topical free fatty acids do inhibit 5ar. Revivogen supposedly contains free fatty acids so it should work.

Regardless, you really have to give a treatment 1 full year before concluding it does or does not work. People have a hard enough time giving "proven" treatment that kind of leadway let alone Revivogen. For once I'd like to see someone post "I was on X for 1 year, I used it religiously and there was no improvement."

A

Administrator

By the way, hairtoday, how long were you on it? Propecia can take up to 12 months to work for some people. Were you on Revivogen 12 months or 4 months?

dis

Reaction score
Quartz said:
Well chaps, five and half months on and I didn't reorder Revivogen.

Obviously I'm disappointed as it's another weapon in the armoury that's proven useless.

Even though I only applied once a day it took a lot of doing because the stuff leaves your hair looking rubbish.

Dis - are you still on it and if so how you doing?

I'm thinking of trying Dutasteride next to be honest...it's time for the big guns.

All the best chaps.

Q

Yes, I am still using it. I use Revivogen one night and Dr. Lee's spironolactone the other night. I just added Vitamin E as well, since someone mentioned this might help on the hair loss newsgroup. Anyway, I believe spironolactone and Revivogen have slowed down my hair loss.

I have noticed I started thinning at age 24 and I am now 27. I thought I would have been far balder by now for the time that has passed. Anyway, Revivogen does help to slow down and maybe stop hair loss for some time, but it's not going to work for everybody. I never grew hair with it, so if that what you are expecting then you are going to need a growth stimulator like Rogaine or SODS.

My regimen is light, so with just spironolactone and Revivogen I am not going to expect a sh*t load of regrowth. However, I have noticed less hair fallout when just using Revivogen alone. I also believe Dr. Lee's spironolactone has helped as well. I am still thinning but these treatments have slowed down the process.

Also, I think Revivogen should have not posted those pictures on their website since many people are going to have those expectations, which is why I think Revivogen received so much negative feedback. If they posted more realistic results then people would have not been so disappointed.

Anyway, I think people need to have realistic expectations since this is only a 5ar inhibitor.

Reaction score
Admin,

Thanks for posting the Revivogen results. It's obvious from a few posts I put up that I had NOT seen these results. I apologize, sometimes it is difficult to find stuff on this site, or when you ask for it, it's ignored, or you get something similar to...

I realize most products take 6 months to a year to work. I've been on Revivogen for 4 months, and I WILL give it the full year use. My complaint that was I could not find a positive Revivogen post in the entire forum, so why wasn't something being said about it by the people that promote it? I tried to not sound harsh, or by critical of anyone on this site, I realize the time and effort people put into these sites. I also understand you could easily promote other products that won't work, for the almighty dollar. Again, I'm new and learning... my first post was on me trying Kevis, which has been slammed in here by everyone, (not me personally, but the product,) and I discontinued use of it, because the company was HORRIBLE at responding, and were more salesmen than anything. With that said, I can't say it didn't work. My hairloss decreased and my hair was thicker. Now, 4 months into Revivogen, my hair looks worse.... so if I was venting a bit, sorry, but hey, again, this is a forum.
I'll make every effort to respect the administration on this site, and again, thanks for the results.

oaslam

Reaction score
Hello,

Well, I've had thin hair since I was 15, but there wasn't much change until I was about... 20 or so. I began to use Fabao when I was 22, which was "stimulating", in that it made my scalp tingle, but I didn't see any results (mind you, this was my first time using any topical product), and then I discovered Revivogen. I used it for one year. In retrospect, I guess my expectations were too high. I mean, even if I say that it helped me keep my hair, though it didn't grow anything new, I don't know for sure whether I would have lost hair anyhow. So, after that one year, I dropped it for about 3 - 4 months, then I began to freak out when I realized that I just NEEDED to do something, something effective. So, I went back on it, and I've been on it for about 8 months now and although again, I would say that I don't think it has grown any hair and I can't say for sure whether it has helped me keep what I have, I do feel that the hair I have in the thin areas is thicker than before.
Lately, I've been wanting to do something else, so I may buy Rogain, or perhaps use Finasteride, though I'm a little unsure it's worth the cost, considering that Revivogen does the same thing. But does anyone know whether Saw Palmento taken orally would do any good? At the very least, it would take care of the DHT in the blood stream, as opposed to the connector sites on the scalp that Revivogen works on.

Thanks.

G

Mixoxidil purchased at Costco is only $20 for four bottles.

Finasteride purchased as Proscar is quite inexpensive when quartered. Buy at Costco too!

If you net them out, I would suspect they don't cost much more than what you are using now.

I never thought SP worked for me but used it for 5 yrs before going on Finasteride, which is the real deal.

Good luck

Brucelee

A

Administrator

hairtoday said:
sometimes it is difficult to find stuff on this site, or when you ask for it, it's ignored, or you get something similar to... :roll:
Make use of the various site searches and you should be able to find what you're looking for. The home page and main site have that search in the top left corner, and within the news section, there is a news search as well on the top right. The forums have a search as well. I realize searching can be like neede in the haystack on forums because of all the posts, but on the main site, you should be able to find something, as there are only 400 possible search results with a wide-open search phrase like "the". If you type "Revivogen" in that search, the consumer trial results article appears at the top.

hairtoday said:
I realize most products take 6 months to a year to work. I've been on Revivogen for 4 months, and I WILL give it the full year use. My complaint that was I could not find a positive Revivogen post in the entire forum, so why wasn't something being said about it by the people that promote it?
Your concerns are 100% valid. If we were to imply that they weren't, we would HAVE to be paid off by Revivogen. The reality is, we both know there is no guarantee it will work. Thats why it's so vocally labeled as an unproven treatment. We will be totally up front with you about that. Neither of us can set any expectations on it, and neither of us really can get angry if it doesn't work, because of that. Well, hell, we can get angry and probably will, because we're human. I say "we" because I am basing all my hopes and dreams on a Revivogen/Topical spironolactone combo right now as a way to duplicate the great results I had on Propecia. My hairline is not doing any better, where I am applying it, but I also know ive only been on it consistently for a month or two (i stopped using everything for about 4 months because I am incredibly dumb. I just run a hair loss site, why would I stick to my own treatments? :lol: ).

Either way, I wont make any claims about its results for me until its been 6 months. I don't honestly think you NEED to wait a year. We just both need to remember that Propecia doesnt do anything for *some* people until a year has passed, and Revivogen is a similar type of treatment, so the same rule *could* apply. If I were you I would give it a good, full 6 months of religious use. And hell - buy it from some other website. Don't buy it from us. I couldn't care less. But at the end of 6 months if you've used it religiously, and dont see results, then decide whether you want to give it another month or two.. or add something. I personally would not use Revivogen alone. The combination with Topical spironolactone is very important in my opinion. Why? Read here, whole thing or just the last paragraph will do:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/productrevi ... icle02.htm

hairtoday said:
My hairloss decreased and my hair was thicker. Now, 4 months into Revivogen, my hair looks worse.... so if I was venting a bit, sorry, but hey, again, this is a forum.
Kevis is probably a growth stimulant. It likely contains things that do that. This is about knowing the basics of what your options are. Revivogen is a DHT inhibting product. Totally different type of results should be expected with such a product. DHT inhibitors stop negative progression, can have a shedding phase during the first 3 months, and take several cycles of hair growth (3-5 months at a time) before results will be noticed. Thats assuming you have a guarantee it will work. If you want a DHT inhibitor I will always tell you go to on Propecia. Even with that your hair can and may look like hell at the 4 month mark. Mine did. But after 2 years I was loving life.

The problem is that this is not an easy thing to comprehened. I wrote a quick and dirty on it which may help a little. Check it out here:
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/research/men/quickguide.htm We need to add spironolactone and Dr. P's products to it as it was written a long time ago, but you'll get the idea. Growth stimulants do one thing, DHT inhibitors do something else. Each works differently, is good for different types of hair loss and different people, etc.

hairtoday said:
I'll make every effort to respect the administration on this site, and again, thanks for the results.
Now you're making me feel like Saddam Hussein listening to one of his people. :twisted: You dont have to respect us, if you don't feel its warranted. Just give us a chance to explain before assuming the worst. You'll likely find we're faulty since we're human, but our motivations are always good.

HairLossTalk.com Admin

oaslam

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm planning to use the spironolactone in conjunction with Revivogen, which I've been using for 8 months now (After having used it for 1 year with an interval of 4 months in which I stopped using it). I'm planning to alternate them nightly.

Looking on Dr. Lee's site: http://www.minoxidil.com, there is a Spironolactone 60 mL dabber bottle and a Spironolactone 5% lotion... Does anyone know what the difference is?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.