Revivogen

Quartz

Reaction score
i think its 3 months from when u open the bottle...
so if its unopened i presume itll be ok

Hmmm...I opened a bottle just now that I received in early December in a six month order.

The separation of the liquid is there again, and I have to say I don't remember this from the first bottle I opened back then.

Does the separation necessarily mean the ingredients are not now effective though? If the difference is only cosmetic then that is no problem.

Cheers

q

Quartz

Reaction score
Just to bump this up a little...

I'm still not sure this degradation has been solved. I am continuing using Revivogen that 'separates' in the dropper as mentioned earlier in this thread.

HairLossTalk.com - Do you believe I am wasting my time because the Revivogen is degraded? What source leads you to believe that it needs to be refrigerated when the firm says it doesn't?

This is important to me as Revivogen is one of my mainstays. If the stuff i'm using is useless I will need to buy more pronto.

Don't want to wreck my regimen!

Cheers all

Q

G

HairLossTalk.com has all of 3 weeks invested into Revivogen

A while ago I asked HairLossTalk.com why he only lasted 3 weeks on Revivogen and he did not reply. I am not sure, but I think HairLossTalk.com bailed on Revivogen after only 3 weeks. Doesn' t HairLossTalk.com usually tell people that they must stick with a treatment for much longer than this before they give offer feedback??? Hey HairLossTalk.com, I remember you quit Revivogen to clear out your system several months ago after only a few weeks on Revivogen. Why didn't you resume and try it long enough to be able to give feedback worth something??? Now you have opinions on whether it works unrefrigerated for 6 months after lasting a few weeks on the treatment? Why do you push this product on your site and last three weeks on it?

strugglinghair

Reaction score
Quartz:

We must solve this confusing situation:

1. Is this separation "normal"? Is the "separated" Revivogen as efective as "non-separated" Revivogen?

2. Must it be refrigerated, or not?

3. Is the expirity date 3 months, or 3 years? which of them?

4. Why the bottle don't show "consume before XXX" or at least "2Manufacturing Date"?

5. Is it true that Fatty Acids degrade after 3 months?

These are very serious questions, and curiously, are being overlooked by many people, even consumers of Revivogen.

schmeichel7

Reaction score
Application Method

Hi guys I hope this question doesn't sound too silly but how do you apply Revivogen? Is it ok to drop it on without rubbing it in because if you rub it in it makes the hair a mess? 8O Thanks!

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
I'll email them these questions now and let you know what they say to me.

HairLossTalk.com

strugglinghair

Reaction score
Hadn't these questions been raised before?
Revivogen has spent more than 2 years in the market, and curiously, it seems that noone had worried about these things before. I don't understand. :?

G

Hi. I have been using revivogen for a few days and I think it is burning my scalp. I have a very slighly red area and two small darker red spots with flaking. I remember the location of one of the small darker spots as a place where a drop of revivogen collected without spreading out.

I also use Propecia (every day) and Nizoral 1% (about twice a week), but this did not happen on a Nizoral day.

What do you think? Anybody get their scalp burned from this stuff? I tried to read this thread but I couldn't make it through the whole thing, it's long.

schmeichel7

Reaction score
I'm pretty new to Revivogen too (I'm on my third month now) and it doesnt irritate my scalp it just makes it damn oily. The Nizoral should help with the ithcy and flaky scalp though.

G

I forgot, I'm using Dercos, too. It could have been the first day I used both. I'm going to take a day off to heal and then try just the Revivogen.

I'd still like to hear if anybody got sort of a contact sunburn from Revivogen. The skin is tight and sore like a sunburn. Thanks!

G

Also when I put the Revivogen on my scalp quickly starts to feel like it's tightening, perhaps even a little sore. And that is without the Dercos, which I didn't use for several days I think when starting the Revivogen. This is what led me to beleive my light case of "sunburn" was the result of the Revivogen. It feels similar, just much worse.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Yeddie - Revivogen stains things sometimes. The spots are just the orange from the grape seed extract. Washes right off. Not burning.

Here are the responses to the questions we got from Revivogen:

1. Is the separation sometimes seen "normal"? Is the "separated" Revivogen as effective as "non-separated" Revivogen?
The separation is normal and occurs when the formula is in a cold environment which results is a change in the density of the water soluble and fat soluble portions. The separated formula is still effective but it goes back to normal once it is in room temperature and is shaken.

2. Must it be refrigerated, or not? What does refrigeration help do?

It is not necessary to refrigerate the formula unless the bottle is opened and is not used regularly. The refrigeration helps reduce oxidative damage to the formula.

3. Is the expiration date 3 months, or 3 years? which of them?

If the bottles are not opened the shelf life is three years. Once the bottle is opened it must be used within 3-6 months, depending on the temperature, and if the cap is left on or not.

4. If there is a potential expiration date, are you considering putting one on each batch?

Generally if the shelf life is 3 years or longer it is not mandatory to print an expiration date on the product. We make new batches every 2 to 4 weeks so the product the customer gets is always new and fresh.

5. Is it true that Fatty Acids degrade after 3 months?

In presence of oxygen and if the fatty acids are not protected by anti-oxidants they start breaking down immediately. We add multiple anti-oxidants to Revivogen and store them in small bottles to minimize oxidative damage once the bottles are opened. If the formula is used properly and the cap is closed after each application the fatty acid breake down is very minimal and will not affect the efficacy of the product.

G

Thanks! :)

I know, I have seen the yellowish stain from the liquid, that aint it. My skin is burned, I can feel it with my hands by the texture, and it's very sore. This is definitely a burn and it's very similar to a mild sunburn. And it's flaking where it's red already, the next day. I don't have dandruff.

Does the liquid hurt at all when you put it on your head? It hurts me just a whee little. And like I said, it tightens my scalp.

If you guys insist that you feel no tightening sensation when you apply it then I have to assume the Dercos screwed up my scalp and the revivogen is merely aggravating the condition.

This is not an allergic reaction to the Revivogen, either, I know what a rash looks like. This is a very mild burn.

Quartz

Reaction score
The separation is normal and occurs when the formula is in a cold environment which results is a change in the density of the water soluble and fat soluble portions. The separated formula is still effective but it goes back to normal once it is in room temperature and is shaken.

AARrrrrrghh! This doesn't make sense as I have always kept my bottles at room temperature so they have never been exposed to a cold environment. So why the separation? And yes it does go back to normal temporarily once it is shaken but only temporarily - if you shake the bottle then fill the dropper it looks normal, but wait 20 seconds and it separates again.

Not sure this has solved the riddle of Revivogen (!) but thanks for trying HairLossTalk.com.

By the way, are you still using it?

strugglinghair

Reaction score
Yes, Quartz, I am not satisfied either!

A couple of months ago, I considered the possibility that the separation was caused by the cold environment (in winter, my living room gets quite cold sometimes) so I inserted the Revivogen bottle in warm water for a few minutes. The separation effect persisted!

Yeah, thanks HairLossTalk.com for your time, but we are still confused.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Bottom line: Keep it refrigerated. It will last longer. Separation doesn't mean its gone bad. It separates very easily. Just shake before you use it. I keep mine in the fridge at home and when i travel.

HairLossTalk.com

schmeichel7

Reaction score
HairLossTalk.com, does it make a difference in how you apply a topical? I recall that for Rogaine 5% extra the booklet said that you don't have to rub it in so does that work for Revivogen as well or is it better to rub it in? Also what do you think of a combination of Revivogen and Folligen :?:

G

Shiny Scalp

OK, I stopped the Dercos and gave the scalp two days off. Back to the Revivogen. I put it on at night, and after showering in the morning I see the part of my scalp which received the treatment is a little red. But only slightly. OK, no problem.

But wait!!! 8O
My scalp is shiny like that of an elderly bald man! Only were it was treated. My scalp is smooth (no wrinkles or pores) and so shiney I can see the reflection of lights in it! And there is a clear line of demarcation where the product was applied.

What the hell is that all about? This stuff polishes your scalp smooth and shiny? WTF is up with this stuff? Anybody else experience THIS one?

RalphyWiggum

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this has been address but I just wanted to add that if there are fatty acids in the Revivogen then you are invariably going to see seperation because the hydrophobic nature of unsaturated fats. So if anything this a good sign because it tells you that they are really putting in the ingredients they claim to be putting in.