Revivogen

dis

Reaction score
semi_fallout said:
no one seems to have real positive result from using this product. how disappointing.

Well, since I have been using Revivogen, I lose much less hair in the shower. I definitely notice the difference when I use Revivogen and then stop it for a week. The stuff helps to reduce hair loss, but you may need additional treatments if Revivogen can't do it on its own.

Also, even if you get a result with Revivogen, it will not last forever. The same goes with Propecia or anything else for that matter. However, these treatments help delay the balding process.

G

Dis said:
semi_fallout said:
no one seems to have real positive result from using this product. how disappointing.

Well, since I have been using Revivogen, I lose much less hair in the shower. I definitely notice the difference when I use Revivogen and then stop it for a week. The stuff helps to reduce hair loss, but you may need additional treatments if Revivogen can't do it on its own.

Also, even if you get a result with Revivogen, it will not last forever. The same goes with Propecia or anything else for that matter. However, these treatments help delay the balding process.

Sorry, but what you are saying strains credibility. I know of no product that can stop hairloss and/or make an impact as immediate as one week. Clearly this perceived shift in hair loss patterns is based on subjective observations that cannot be correct based on our current understanding of hairloss and regrowth patterns.

Moreover, the long term,continued efficacy of accepted products such as Propecia is still open to future research. We simply do not know how long the Big Three combo will be good for and that is still a matter for further research.

So, use Reviv. at your own risk as the research is scant.

Stingray

Reaction score
Brucey...honey...sweety...read his post next time before counterindicating it mmkay? He says he notices changes after STOPPING it for a week...which IS possible. He never said after USING it for one week.

G

Stingray said:
He says he notices changes after STOPPING it for a week...which IS possible. He never said after USING it for one week.

Literally almost anything is POSSIBLE so that statement adds little to the discussion. Men flying by flapping their arms MAY be possible but we haven't seen it yet and much theory refutes its possibility.

I read the statement correctly the first time and I will stand by my key point. Do you know of any legitmate research that would indicate that any hair loss product would stop producing benefits/resulsts such that one would "notice" a difference in hair quality/quantity in one weeks time? If you do, please cite it.

It is not reasonable to believe that anything could make such a dramatic impact on hair loss/gain such that the removal of it could produce changes such as are cited. Certainly this is not so for fiansteride nor minoxidil. Why would it be so for Reviv?

[/b]

Stingray

Reaction score
Perhaps the revivogen was just such a weak ihibitor of hair loss that the follicles were just hanging on for dear life...the slightest change just would shock the sh*t outta them. Something like the shed from minoxidil. A lot of people see it in one to two weeks.

dis

Reaction score
BruceLee said:
Dis said:
semi_fallout said:

Sorry, but what you are saying strains credibility. I know of no product that can stop hairloss and/or make an impact as immediate as one week. Clearly this perceived shift in hair loss patterns is based on subjective observations that cannot be correct based on our current understanding of hairloss and regrowth patterns.

Moreover, the long term,continued efficacy of accepted products such as Propecia is still open to future research. We simply do not know how long the Big Three combo will be good for and that is still a matter for further research.

So, use Reviv. at your own risk as the research is scant.

You make some valid points. Anyway, to make the long story short, I have used finasteride for a year and I had very poor results. I went through some major telogen effluviums while on finasteride. The Telogen Effluvium did not resolve itself until I went off finasteride, and the recovery up front was not 100%.

I only use topical DHT inhibitors now to replace finasteride. I alternate with Dr Lee's 5% spironolactone cream and Revivogen every other night. With this kind of regimen, I do not expect major results, but I do notice a slowing of hair loss and also a reduction of the amount of hairs I lose.

As far as Revivogen goes, I don't know if it’s the DHT inhibitors or the minor growth stimulators in Revivogen, but if I stop it for a week more hair shedding occurs. However, you are right that this is based on my own observations. Also, I am quite aware of the risks involved with using unproven treatments, but when the proven treatments fail then I really don't have much of a choice.

dis

Reaction score
BruceLee said:
Stingray said:
He says he notices changes after STOPPING it for a week...which IS possible. He never said after USING it for one week.

Literally almost anything is POSSIBLE so that statement adds little to the discussion. Men flying by flapping their arms MAY be possible but we haven't seen it yet and much theory refutes its possibility.

I read the statement correctly the first time and I will stand by my key point. Do you know of any legitmate research that would indicate that any hair loss product would stop producing benefits/resulsts such that one would "notice" a difference in hair quality/quantity in one weeks time? If you do, please cite it.

It is not reasonable to believe that anything could make such a dramatic impact on hair loss/gain such that the removal of it could produce changes such as are cited. Certainly this is not so for fiansteride nor minoxidil. Why would it be so for Reviv?

[/b]

I should clarify my statement. What I mean is that after stopping Revivogen for about a week, I notice more hair shedding in the shower, pillow, etc., compared to a week when I am using it. I don't know if that is a result of the DHT inhibitors in Revivogen or the minor growth stimulators.

oaslam

Reaction score
Dis - Rotating spironolactone and Revivogen

Hello,

I spoke to Dr. Lee about the efficacy of rotating Sprio and Revivogen nightly... The first thing he replied with was, "Fine, do it. But remember to use Minoxidil twice a day." So that's the first thing I would like to stress to you. If you do that already then great, but if not, you should keep in mind that it helps to keep the hair, which is what Minoxidil helps with, while at the same time reducing DHT and/or preventing DHT from attaching to receptors.
So anyhow, about the Revivogen, I had been using it for about a year and although I didn't regrow hair, I didn't seem to lose that much either, but Dr. Lee says that the only "proven" ingredient in Revivogen is Alezaic acid--which he has along with Minoxidil in his Xandrox. He believed the Sprio would work better on its own, while at the same time using Xandrox (combo of Alezaic acid and Minoxidil) twice a day.
That's all he said... I just wanted to pass that on to you.

dis

Reaction score
Re: Dis - Rotating spironolactone and Revivogen

oaslam said:
Hello,

I spoke to Dr. Lee about the efficacy of rotating Sprio and Revivogen nightly... The first thing he replied with was, "Fine, do it. But remember to use Minoxidil twice a day." So that's the first thing I would like to stress to you. If you do that already then great, but if not, you should keep in mind that it helps to keep the hair, which is what Minoxidil helps with, while at the same time reducing DHT and/or preventing DHT from attaching to receptors.
So anyhow, about the Revivogen, I had been using it for about a year and although I didn't regrow hair, I didn't seem to lose that much either, but Dr. Lee says that the only "proven" ingredient in Revivogen is Alezaic acid--which he has along with Minoxidil in his Xandrox. He believed the Sprio would work better on its own, while at the same time using Xandrox (combo of Alezaic acid and Minoxidil) twice a day.
That's all he said... I just wanted to pass that on to you.

I just alternate Dr. Lee's 5% spironolactone cream and Revivogen nightly, and I use Nizoral 2% about three times a week.

I am sure I would have much greater results if I used Minoxidil since it’s a growth stimulator. However, I don't use Minoxidil because I don't think it really treats the underlining condition which is causing the hair loss. I think Minoxidil just gives your hair a temporary boost, and once you stop the hair falls out in just a few weeks. Although, if I am wrong then please correct me.

Also, I think the GLA, ALA, etc., in Revivogen are the main DHT inhibitors. I am not too sure how effective the Azelaic acid is as a DHT inhibitor. I know other people have already talked about this.

G

Suggest you do more research on Minoxidil. I don't think you have the complete picture. Start with dr. Proctor's web site. He does a nice job of addressing how minoxidil appears to work.

dis

Reaction score
BruceLee said:
Suggest you do more research on Minoxidil. I don't think you have the complete picture. Start with dr. Proctor's web site. He does a nice job of addressing how minoxidil appears to work.

I used to use Prox-N. I don't anymore because I find it too greasy, and I had to reduce costs from all these hair loss products. I haven't been to his site in awhile, but if this is about NO, etc., then I read all that before.

dis

Reaction score
I have been looking at my results lately, and it appears that the frontal portion is thinning the most. My hair loss is diffuse but it is getting worse. I do believe that spironolactone and Revivogen have helped but you might be right that I need a growth stimulator as well.

The very first treatment I ever tried a few years ago was 2% minoxidil, but it irritated my scalp so bad that I had to discontinue it. I did use Prox-N in the past but I only went through four bottles. So, I probably did not give Prox-N a fair chance. I may try the advance regrowth version from LEF or NANO shampoo, since it is cheaper.

I guess if I can find a version of minoxidil that was not irritating and also not greasy, then I might add it into my regimen. Wasn't there supposed to be a foam based version of Minoxidil released?

Anyway, I wish there were more options out there because the front portion is thinning and it is noticeable even when my hair is dry. I would say I lost about half the density up front.

Also, I am trying to find a regimen where I do not have to apply three topicals per day, and also one that would be cost effective since all these treatments are not cheap.

G

revivogen is a lot of codswallop.

dht is a hormone. hormones are effected by their environment. by sticking them in a lot of oil would probably kill the dht.

sticking fatty acids on the scalp wont kill dht, just break down the fatty acids and get carried away in the blood stream.

if fatty acids work, eating them will have the same effect. whos deficient in fatty acids?

20 year old data on fatty acids and dht is not current or reliable and is in fact codswallop.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: Dis - Rotating spironolactone and Revivogen

oaslam said:
...Dr. Lee says that the only "proven" ingredient in Revivogen is Alezaic acid...

LOL!! (I'm laughing at Dr. Lee, not you, oaslam!)

Someone should tell Dr. Lee that there's more evidence for GLA, ALA, LA, etc. than there is for azelaic acid! :lol:

Bryan

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Hollywood said:
revivogen is a lot of codswallop.

Is that a fact?

Hollywood said:
dht is a hormone. hormones are effected by their environment. by sticking them in a lot of oil would probably kill the dht.

The purpose of those fatty acids is not to "kill" DHT, but to prevent it from being produced in the first place. They've been shown to inhibit 5a-reductase.

Hollywood said:
sticking fatty acids on the scalp wont kill dht, just break down the fatty acids and get carried away in the blood stream.

Wrong. Animal experiments and even a small human experiment have clearly shown that topical fatty acids are able to inhibit 5a-reductase. Furthermore, they may also help block androgen receptors.

BTW, I'd like you to explain exactly what you mean by "break down the fatty acids". Be specific.

Hollywood said:
if fatty acids work, eating them will have the same effect.

Wrong again. Eating fatty acids will not inhibit 5a-reductase. That has also been demonstrated in an experimental test (citation available upon request).

Hollywood said:
20 year old data on fatty acids and dht is not current or reliable and is in fact codswallop.

Wrong for the third time! Three strikes, and you're out! :twisted:

The studies on the inhibition of 5a-reductase by fatty acids were done mostly in the last 10 years or so (BTW, there is no "statute of limitations" for knowledge gleaned from scientific studies! :) To this very day, seminal studies by the great James Hamilton from as far back as the 1940's are still being quoted and referenced by modern authors writing about hairloss):

"Inhibition of Steroid 5a-Reductase Activity by Aliphatic Fatty Acids", Niederprum et al, ANN NY Acad Sci 1995 Sep 30; 768:227-30.

"Growth Suppression of Hamster Flank Organs by Topical Application of g-Linolenic and Other Fatty Acid Inhibitors of 5a-Reductase", Liang et al, J Invest Dermatol 109:152-157, 1997.

Bryan

Stingray

Reaction score
Last I checked I wasn't a hamster...