Revivogen

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
I would consider revivogen spironolactone combo if you're going to do it instead of Propecia, not just Revivogen alone.

HairLossTalk.com

dis

Reaction score
HairlossTalk said:
That may have been the old solution. I think something related to the grape seed extract in it has shortened its shelf life. They definitely told us 3 months recently.

HairLossTalk.com

I emailed Revivogen yesterday, and they said that Revivogen has a three year shelf life as well, and that it does not need to be refrigerated. Also, I never had any problems with keeping Revivogen around for 9 months or so. I normally order the six months supply, but it last more like 9 months since I use it every other night.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Hm. I will have to inquire as to why they are telling me different things. You say that its just fine after even 9 months for you ... it would be difficult to tell if it was still stable by simply looking at it. Additionally, are you saying that it doesnt "divide" into two parts (one clear and one orange) in time? Mine does after a few months, quite extensively. That is a sign that it is degrading.

HairLossTalk.com

strugglinghair

Reaction score
yes, please HairLossTalk.com, ask them.

It is very weird that the shelf life is just 3 months, considering that Revivogen itself is selling a "value pack" for 6-month treatment.

dis

Reaction score
HairlossTalk said:
Hm. I will have to inquire as to why they are telling me different things. You say that its just fine after even 9 months for you ... it would be difficult to tell if it was still stable by simply looking at it. Additionally, are you saying that it doesnt "divide" into two parts (one clear and one orange) in time? Mine does after a few months, quite extensively. That is a sign that it is degrading.

HairLossTalk.com

I have not paid close attention to it, since I am not sure what a degraded Revivogen bottle would look like. I have seen my Revivogen almost clear if I use the dropper and suck up about 1 ml or so. However, I normally shake the bottle well, and after shaking the bottle the liquid is a dark orange / brown color. So to me it looks and smells normal. Also, I noticed that my last two orders have the Revivogen bottles totally sealed air tight, where as before Revivogen would ship the product with just the bottle cap on. So when you use it, you have to tare off the sticky paper which seals it. I would guess this would help it last longer.

If Revivogen should be refrigerated then we should know. I would hate to see a six months supply go bad. However, in my experience, I don't really notice any changes from my first Revivogen bottle to my sixth Revivogen bottle, which is opened around 9 month after.

strugglinghair

Reaction score
Dis:

This is what looks like:

After shaking the bottle, I load the dropper, and this is what happens:

1. At first, I can see a continuous dark fluid, ok.
2. But after 15 seconds, I can see little watery (colorless or whitish) spheres forming, and moving upwards.
3. after 45 seconds or so, the dense, dark part, accumulates at the bottom, and in the top, only watery-white fluid remains.

maximus

Reaction score
Revivogen formula changed ?

Question to HairLossTalk.com:

The last batch of Revivogen I bought had a different consistency then the previous batches. It appears more watery.

Has the formula changed ?
Is it a weaker strength ?
Do I need to put it on more often ?

thanks

dis

Reaction score
strugglinghair said:
Dis:

This is what looks like:

After shaking the bottle, I load the dropper, and this is what happens:

1. At first, I can see a continuous dark fluid, ok.
2. But after 15 seconds, I can see little watery (colorless or whitish) spheres forming, and moving upwards.
3. after 45 seconds or so, the dense, dark part, accumulates at the bottom, and in the top, only watery-white fluid remains.

I see what you mean. I never noticed it before since I would immediately apply it after sucking it up in the dropper. However, I am unsure if that means the Revivogen is degraded or not. I think we should describe what we are seeing to Revivogen and ask them what this means.

I saw what you described using an old bottle of Revivogen (My sixth bottle from my last order). I just received another six month supply last week, which I will open my first bottle of that batch in early march. I will check if I see the clear bubbles and the colour dividing in the dropper with the new batch once I open it.

I kept my Revivogen at room temperature and never have refrigerated it. I never thought that it had degraded since after I apply it I would always feel that smooth numbness kind of feeling on my scalp. spironolactone has a similar feeling except it feels cold since I keep Dr. Lee's spironolactone in my fridge. I find keeping the spironolactone cool helps reduce the smell even more.

Anyway, what you describe is interesting, and I am curious to know as well if this means that the Revivogen is degraded or not. I have heard of some other treatments changing after time like Proxiphen, but they are still effective according to Dr. Proctor.

Anyway, one way or the other, I think someone should ask Revivogen and post the answer here for all of us to see.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Revivogen should *Definitely* be refrigerated. This is for sure.

HairLossTalk.com

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Nizoral is far better for what it does, than Revivogen would be for what Nizoral does :)

Nizoral is an antifungal/anti-inflammatory shampoo. Revivogen isn't. Nizoral should be a part of every hair loss regimen, as it plays an important role in controlling the biproducts of the immune response triggered by Male Pattern Baldness. Revivogen makes your scalp tingle and smell minty fresh though!

HairLossTalk.com

user420

Reaction score
do you think it would be ok to use revivogen one day and nizoral the next as i only use nizoral 3 times a week anyway, or would that cause some problems?

strugglinghair

Reaction score
Ok, I have got Revivogen's answer about the possible degradation.
The e-mail customer service is very quick.

*************MY INQIRY**********************+
Hello: I have 2 bottles of Revivogen I bought last summer but I haven't used yet. (These are my first bottles of Revivogen.) I don't remember the appearance of the fluid when I bought them, but now, it appears as if the fluid is degraded. After shaking the bottle, I load the dropper, and this is what happens: 1. At first, I can see a continuous dark fluid, ok. 2. But after 15 seconds, I can see little watery (colorless or whitish) spheres forming, and moving upwards. 3. after 45 seconds or so, the dense, dark part, accumulates at the bottom, and in the top, only watery-white fluid remains. The question is: is my Revivogen degraded? Is it neccessary to refrigerate Revivogen? In the bottle, it says to store it from 15ºC to 25ºC (59F to 77F), so it shouldn't be refrigerated. Also, what is the storage life? You told me 3 years, but the moderator in the HairlossTalk forum says 3 months
**************REVIVOGEN's ANSWER*****************

Dear customer, The therapy should be fine you will just need to shake it extremely well and spread evenly with your fingers when it is applied. The shelf life is 3 years Hairloss Take has a misprint in the forum and we will ask them to correct it. If you have any other questions please ask. Best Regards, Judy .

Dear customer, Clod will not hurt the product if kept in the frig you must first bring it back to room tempature and shake extremely well before using it. Heat the temperature has to be in excesses of 106/107 for months not just days, your product should be fine with out refrigeration. Best Regards, Judy Revivogen Customer Service

dis

Reaction score
strugglinghair said:
Ok, I have got Revivogen's answer about the possible degradation.
The e-mail customer service is very quick.

Thanks for letting us know.

G

at the risk of making myself sound very unpopular, does it strike anyone that revivogen is just an expensive way of buying saw palmetto, evening primrose oil, and a combination of vegetable oils?

Quartz

Reaction score
RE: DEGRADATION OF REVIVOGEN.

Is that response from the firm's customer services the last word on this?

HairLossTalk.com - You say that Revivogen should *definitely* be refrigerated - what is the basis for you believing this?

Refrigerating the bottles would be a problem for me as I live in a shared flat and prefer to keep my regime secret! :)

I must admit I noticed the 'separation' in the 1ml dropper happening about a month ago and was curious, but assumed that as long as the ingredients were being applied to the scalp anyway it wouldn't matter.

Has my (expensive!) supply of Revivogen been rendered useless?

Cheers all

Q

G

well fatty acids become rancid after about 3 months, so i presume it would be less effective after this time.
if u dont want to refridgerate them, try leaving them on a windowcil or in some water.
or u could get a mini battery operated fridge for your room.

Quartz

Reaction score
Cheers Hollywood....

This is worrying...why are not Revivogen stating this on their documentation?! We need a definitive answer here.

HairLossTalk.com - can you verify where you obtained the information about it needing to be refrigerated?

If this is true then if you ordered a six month supply you're practically losing half of it!

Q

G

i think its 3 months from when u open the bottle...
so if its unopened i presume itll be ok.