Revivogen

justasking

Established Member
Reaction score
justasking

Revivogen wrecked my hair and it took more than a year to calm it down. Some people get good results, but for me it was a thinning, receding disaster. If you're reacting badly, dump it. Try minoxidil, fns, laser comb, and tricomin. That's working for me.

thinman

Reaction score
just asking ?

im using it what did it do to ur hair that caused the problem?
what type of hairloss do u have?

thxs

willstar

Reaction score
Spots

Hello,

I am using Reviovgen and am finding it ok, especially the Shampoo.

However, is anyone getting spots on their Forehead? I seem to be getting an increased amount and just wondered if anyone is getting the same and if I can do anything to stop it?

Cheers.

wills.

G

I have been using Revivogen for 6+ weeks. NO spots. After stopping Popecia 3+ months ago I believe I was losing more hair in the shower which seems to have slowed in the last two weeks. I should never have waited a month to start Revivogen or a new program but I did.

I'm not sure if I should credit Revivogen with this recent slow down in hair loss and better feeling scalp. Maybe revivogen is helping? That's about it for now.

I still read a lot of junk talk about Revivogen being a scam on all this hair site as well as other sites. I am continueing to use it every day and will continue to post results.

Anybody else have anything to say about their results? Is anybody currently using this site experiencing regrowth (or thickening from hair follicles that are not being attacked and shrunk from DHT)??? Anybody?

thinman

Reaction score
red spots on forehead

they look like little blackheads but arent? if thats the case, when the orange goo gets on ur forehead...i used my girlfriend's 100% aloe vera gel which seems to have helped clear them up.
im almost about 2 months in and hair is still coming out again. not giving up yet will give at least 6 month trial, although i am still considering propecia in jan/feb.

take care

G

Hey Thinman,
Little black spots may be better than potential side effects from Propecia.
I took Propecia for one year and while it may have done some good I wish I never touched it. The longer you take it the more nervous you get. That stuff alters your testosterone/body chemistry. That has to suck. I believe I was suffering from side effects and am already starting to feel better being off it for awhile. Read some of the scary talk on hairlosshelp.com under Live Help - Messages - Products. Scary stuff.

The HairLossTalk.com moderator dropped Propecia and is now using Revivogen. I haven't heard anything from him lately. I wonder how it is going.
I'm sticking with topicals. Merck/Propecia must believe topical is less invasive/risky and appeals to people because they are working on a topical.

thinman

Reaction score
question?

Has any1 recently received a new shipment? I just got a 3 month replacement, (went thru the first 3 months in about 1mo and 3 weeks)

the reason why im asking is the terrible orange funk is gone! did they change something? The liquid has a less orangey color, and does not stink as much.

thxs. please let me know... i dont want to apply if its a bad batch or something? i dunno if its working cuz hair looks worse, but committed to going six months on this treatment.

Quartz

Reaction score
THINMAN...

WOW, you went through the first 3 months in about 2! :eek:

How much of the stuff are you applying?! I am using about 1.5ml each day and it seems to be lasting me ages...despite Revivogen's high price I think it's a pretty cost-effective addition to a regime.

As for the new batch - difficult to say without seeing it myself but I doubt it's anything to worry about, probably just something that happened during shipping.

G'luck!

thinman

Reaction score
application

i use anywhere between 3.5-4.5 ml a day. i use it all along the hairline, and along where the horseshoe pattern would form. my scalp seems to aceept it well, so i can use more of it. the first week had some contact dermatitis but that has resolved.
what else do u use?
1% nizoral 2x a week, arginine, ginko,gse, and an multi.

diskobox

Reaction score
Re: application

thinman said:
i use anywhere between 3.5-4.5 ml a day. i use it all along the hairline, and along where the horseshoe pattern would form. my scalp seems to aceept it well, so i can use more of it. the first week had some contact dermatitis but that has resolved.
what else do u use?
1% nizoral 2x a week, arginine, ginko,gse, and an multi.
I was told by Revivogen customer service that the scalp can only absorb a certain amount, and 2ml is plenty for your entire head.

You might want to consult with them before you waste your money.

diskobox

Reaction score
Just noticed something very interesting.

The supplement that seems to have helped a lot of women over at the about.com thyroid board was Evening Primrose Oil. These women had not had stabilized their thyroid problem and it gave them a boost.

It's rich in GLA and LA, two of the main ingredients of Revivogen... two of the fatty acids known to block DHT. Hypothyroidism contributes to increased DHT in the body.

Hmm.

Quartz

Reaction score
Thinman...

I am taking Propecia 1mg a day, applying Minoxidil 5% once a day in the morning after showering, and applying Revivogen 1ml at night.

The question of "how much?" is a moot one and not very clearly laid out in the pack instructions.

For instance I ordered what was termed a 3 month supply consisting of 3 60 ml bottles. Now for that to last three months would mean 2X1ml applications each day.

Yet on the bottles itself the instructions say apply 1ml to the scalp daily?! :?

This would mean three bottles would last six months, which would be very cost effective but would it be enough to work on the scalp?

Anyone clear this up?

dis

Reaction score
Well, I thought I would add another quick update. I stopped Propecia around the end of May 2002, and my hair has improved since then. I am currently using Revivogen, spironolactone 5% cream, and Nizoral 2%. I alternate Revivogen and spironolactone every other night.

I would say that these treatments do help, but I don't think that they will completely stop my hairloss; however, they are definitely slowing it down. I think I would have much better results if I was using Revivogen or spironolactone twice a day, but that is not currently possible since they both have a smell and leave the hair messy.

If I see things worsen over the next six months then I’ll add a SOD like Folligen, Tricomm or Dr. Proctor’s advanced formula.

Anyway, I wish I could report amazing results but that would not be realistic with what I am using.

thinman

Reaction score
slightly concerned

ok concerned:

after almost 3 months, i would say my hair is worse than when i started. i am concerned because it is different from what the hair care pamphlet says. still losing hair, hair appears thinner, hairline looks worse...i would be more encouraged if the timetable was likened to propecia on the product handout. One of the more concerning things is the sides where u r not supposed to lose ur hair have really thinned out where i can see the skin on the sides. i have some hairs on the hairline, not sure if these are ones that are dying or new ones...its tuff to tell even with baseline photos.
in one case, might be like propecia, where the hair is getting shed after 3-4 months, where every1 likens it to the "shedding sh***",and hair begins to recover after that point. in the other case, could be the product is speeding up loss and not working... will stay on and pray for case 1. still considering finasteride in february.

HairLossTalk.com any advice/suggestions... i read the hairloss talk trials, what happened to all those positive posters? i don't see any of them anymore...does the new formula have less efficacy then the other one?
real confused

nizoral every 3 days, vitamins, revivogen shampoo, reviogen scalp therapy, tricomin in the morning 2x a week.

thanks

StoneCold316

Reaction score
Revivogen & Xandrox

Hey all:

I havent posted in awhile so I thought I'd chime in and relay what I have been doing in my ever-present battle against male pattern baldness. Still looking to give that "Stone Cold Stunner" to DHT !

I have been on the follwing regimen for a couple of months:

Morning: 5% Xandrox
Night: 5% minoxidil and Revivogen Of course, I use Nizoral and Tgel a few times aweek as well.

I feel this gives the best balance between efficacy and ease of use. One topical apllication in the AM and two at night. I used to use spironolactone but it itched really bad and I think it really harmed my hairline. (It may have just accelerated the inevitable) Propecia caused me some side affects right off the bat.

I know there isnt much testimony on Xandrox, but I feel it add to the DHT ifighting portion of my regimen in combination with the Revivogen. I will give it a few months and see how it goes. Plus, I find that the Xandrox does not irritate my scalp nearly as bad as the spironolactone, if at all.

Inthe last two years, I have noticed a noticeabel increase in body hair. Now, I hear it could be associated with more DHT preduction or it could be some systemic effects of the minoxidil. I would bet its more DHT as this seems to coincide with a sudden quickening of the thinning process. Up until tow year ago, it was very gradual.

Any thoughts ??

G

HairLossTalk.com..are you still using Reviviogen at all?? We havent heard from you in a while!!

He'll never respond, but I thought I would try!!!

richlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Revivogen & Xandrox

StoneCold316 said:
In the last two years, I have noticed a noticeabel increase in body hair. Now, I hear it could be associated with more DHT preduction or it could be some systemic effects of the minoxidil. I would bet its more DHT as this seems to coincide with a sudden quickening of the thinning process. Up until tow year ago, it was very gradual.

Any thoughts ??

My bet is on the minoxidil being the culprit that is causing the body hair.. As for increased thinning, maybe minoxidil is losing effectiveness..