Revivogen

G

I went to http://www.hairlosshelp.com and the reviews were awful on Revivogen.
Most of the reviews were negative responses telling people it was awful, it did not work, and don't buy it???

Where are you seeing these postive reviews??? I am still using it but am getting more skeptical :?:

Quartz

Reaction score
Hi Jeffrey...

If there's one thing that's guaranteed about the hairloss problem it's that it's riddled with contradictions and varying opinions.

If you do a search on 'Revivogen' at HLH (sorry about this promotion of a rival site HairLossTalk.com!!) you will see respected experts like Bryan saying that Rev is worth a carrot, others will say it isn't.

I'm trying it because Propecia isn't having the desired effect, although I am staying on it just in case.

What is your own experience J? You been on it long with no results?

Andy_G

Reaction score
Kevin (HairLossTalk),

Could you please give us some more info about your current "hair" situation?

I know you stopped Propecia (due to side effects) a few months ago and started Revivogen. That's a very interesting experiment and I think we can all learn from it.

Thanks,

Andy

G

Hello Quartz,

My Experience:
1 year on Propecia which I stopped due to side effects/fear of side effects.
Waited a little more than a month to start Revivogen because I noticed shedding and scalp irritation. I have been on Revivogen for 6+ weeks. Too early to tell if Revivogen is working.

I have definitely thinned since stopping propecia. I called Revivogen and they said that this is a transitional stage and I will rebound. This is a tough stage to be in after getting back hair with Propecia.

What worries me about Revivogen is the following:
-so many negative posts on all the websites
-the website photos are sketchy. The packaging has that cheasy cheap look. Rumor that the address is a Suite# (a box - scam-like) with no facility.
-the fact that it is very hard to find people with something good to say.

QUARTZ. What do you think?

Quartz

Reaction score
Jeffrey:

Well I've only been on Revivogen for about three weeks so it's far too early to tell. I've also added minoxidil to my regimen so if something does start happening it will be difficult to tell which element is responsible (I guess I panicked and went for the 'kitchen sink' approach!)

The way I'm doing it is applying Revivogen once before bed (the instructions are unclear as to whether one application is enough), washing the hair in the morning, and adding 1ml 5% minoxidil to the clean hair.

I'm surprised that you think it's a scam company...my assumption is that because they are still in business people must still be buying their product, which is surely some indicator of success? Then again, FNS are still in business and their product is roundly derided on the forums.

I guess the other reason for me using it is the simple fact that HairLossTalk.com is giving it a go, and he knows far more than myself about this business!

Shame to hear about the fact that you had to come off Propecia, especially as it was working for you...let's keep our fingers crossed for this orange stuff!

Cheers
Quartz

G

Hello Quartz,

You are rational and it is good to hear what you have to say.

I tend to be a pessimist but I am going to give the orange gew a real shot.
To clarify: The entire time (over 1 year) in addition to the Propecia which I stopped using and the Revivogen I am now using, I have been using 5% minoxidil-Rogaine. So: the only thing different in the last 6 weeks is I substituted the Propecia with Revivogen. The Propecia was definitely blocking the DHT so this should be a good test whether a topical DHT inhibitor can do the job the Propecia was doing well. I hope so.

I will continue to post and hope you do so we can compare our results.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Quartz said:
If you do a search on 'Revivogen' at HLH (sorry about this promotion of a rival site HairLossTalk.com!!)

No such thing as a rival hair loss information site. We're all in this together.

However... I would hope that our users would start making use of our site resources a little more. Someone hop over to the home page and type in Revivogen in *our* search and see all the reviews and comments and articles you find on the product.

In fact, the first four articles that appear in the search results are exactly what you guys are looking for. Positive feedback on Revivogen. :lol:

Im stumped as to why so few people use all the extensive tools we have on the site. Maybe its my fault :) Need to make it easier to find?? How many of you guys even venture into the News Center, which is filled with over 200 articles on these topics?

HairLossTalk.com

floatableTR

Reaction score
Positive results??? Yup...me!! I KNOW if i hadent used Revivogen my hair would be in much worse condition..not as thick and definitely much more loss. Revivogen has definitely given more thickness to my hair. I notice this, believe it or not, when I dont apply it for a couple of days(those crazy weekends :oops: ). I also see very little loss. So positive results?Yes. Regrowth? Not yet. do i believe the pics on there site....YEAH RIGHT :p . I actually emailed them about those pics before I bought the stuff here is what they said..(excellent customer service btw)

Our before and after pictures have a time lapse of 12-18
months. Keep in
mind these are also our best results out of many. Hair grows slowly, it also grows in cycles. We suggest, when
you begin
using Revivogen, to take a picture of your head. In three months take
another, and so on. We do not expect hair to magically appear on
your head!
In the first three months your hair follicle should begin to open up.
In
the next three you will see much more regrowth. We expect full
regrowth for
your head in 12-18 months. This will be the case in any reputable
hair loss
product. Thank you for your inquiry, if you have any more questions
feel
free to write again.
Best Regards

Adina
Revivogen Customer Service

Good anwser so I bought the product.
There is no other product on the market that can do what we want it to do other wise we would all be using it :cry: .. I just figured pick one and see what happens, so far i am happy with revivogen so ill keep using it. :wink:

joe_mama

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey

Revivogen Folk, the thing that makes me wonder.....apparently like a lot of other people are the "luke warm" responses. Even on the testimonial section of revivogen.com the reviews seem mild. Especially when you think of all the official trials of minoxidil and propecia where the placebo groups report much improvement and regrowth.....you know?!!
-Joe

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Quite honestly I don't see many startling Propecia reports when it comes to regrowth. Revivogen is a DHT inhibitor so by nature it's going to be lackluster as far as regrowth goes. I would only expect maintenance from it at the very most, and if you see more (via the GSE possibly?) then even better.

The reason this treatment hasn't gotten the attention it deserves is simple. There have been no trials on it. With Propecia, I can't count the number of guys who took it and said "it did nothing" because they didn't see the regrowth they wanted. But they can't call it "useless" because there are studies proving it works.

I am only expecting a cessation of hair loss. If I see that, I will scream from a mountaintop that "Revivogen Works".

HairLossTalk.com

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Andy_G said:
Could you please give us some more info about your current "hair" situation? I know you stopped Propecia (due to side effects) a few months ago and started Revivogen. That's a very interesting experiment and I think we can all learn from it.
Thanks, Andy
Hi Andy - Well i've been using alternative treatments since September 20, and so far I have not continued shedding like I did when I first started shedding. My goal has always been to maintain a full head of hair.

I definitely had some crazy responses to Propecia that made plenty-a-doctor look cross eyed at me. They were fairly stumped but it turned out to have skyrocketed my estrogen levels. As a result, I have stopped taking it.

HairLossTalk.com

Quartz

Reaction score
HairLossTalk.com -

Jeez, keeping my fingers crossed for you. If you reacted badly to Propecia, what options are left for you?

As for the lack of delving into the facilities on the site...hmmm, not sure why that is.

My only suggestion is that because your site is undoubtedly the best for newbie's just embarking on this fight they perhaps do not have the inclination to go searching for the info themselves.

In their understandably panicked state they tend to go straight to the forums and ask "GUYS - WHAT DO I DO NOW?!". And generally they get very good advice.

I know I only started browsing over at HLH once I'd got my head around all the general priniciples of hairloss, which your site was brilliant in conveying.

HLH is a 'riskier' site in that it deals with and promotes the less proven treatments, but personally I only tend to use the forums there also.

But without this site I think I would have floundered in worry and upset over my situation for a lot longer.

diskobox

Reaction score
HairLossTalk.com - I would suggest making the search feature prominent on the main page, as well as linking relative articles on certain treatments on their reviews page. IE: the Revivogen trials on the Revivogen review page.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Disko... it couldn't be much more prominent...

Go to the home page. Top left. Search. :)

The search results from that search include all articles in the news center, so you can search there or from within the news center.

HairLossTalk.com

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Quartz said:
I know I only started browsing over at HLH once I'd got my head around all the general priniciples of hairloss, which your site was brilliant in conveying.

Hmm. I have heard this many many times before - that HairLossTalk.com is great for newbies... but im confused because we actually have *more* content than the site in question. I looked around on that site, the static pages. The actual information content there. (Not referring to the forums). I see about 30-40 pages grand total that make up the whole site. We've got nearly 300 pages of static custom created content, with over 200 news articles (here's just an ugly snapshot of them all Click Here to View) on topics spanning everything from Hair Multiplication to Avacor to Conference news to Avodart and dutasteride. Our surgical options section is definitely thin because we're working on it on the back end still, but aside from this, what do you feel we're lacking information on that HLH has? (Aside from Woods)

From my assessment, we've actually got more expanded and indepth content. There's a Guide to the Alopecia's (Click Here to View), the largest Guide to Women's hair loss I know of (Click Here to View), of which the other site in question doesn't have at all, a guide to Children's hair loss (Click Here to View) .. the only one of its kind anywhere on the internet, a Complete resource library with studies (Click Here to View) ... and a news center that's literally about 10 times the size (Click Here to View). We have articles on topical arginine (Click Here to View), Hair Cloning (Click Here to View), the latest in Surgical Procedures (Click Here to View,Click Here to View),

HLH is a great site and fortunately, the whole concept of competing is finally no longer an issue. The two sites are getting along great, but i have to admit that a lot of people don't seem to realize how much content we've got on the site. Proof of this is how many guys ask about topics we *just* wrote an article on in the news center. :)

Someone recently commented that the home page was too confusing. so we're looking to simplify it, but I encourage everyone to take a few moments and actually click all the links on the left nav, to view all the sections of the site. We've expanded this thing from 40 pages to 300 pages in the last year alone, and there's a lottttttttt of content that wasn't there before. Once you've clicked around a bit, let me know so we can improve the site ! :)

HairLossTalk.com

thinman

Reaction score
reviv question

just out of theory has this ever been tried?
since the hair on the head is affected adversely by dht and body hair is + affected by dht has the efficacy of a formula ever been tested on body hair? it s a stupid question but wouldnt that indicate if revivogen were to work on an individual?

NilesTilden

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: reviv question

thinman said:
since the hair on the head is affected adversely by dht and body hair is + affected by dht has the efficacy of a formula ever been tested on body hair?

Hey gang,

Is body hair positively effected by dht? Meaning it makes body hair grow? I've had a decrease in body hair whilst on finasteride. Most notably on my stomach. Could that be a bad sign?

NT

diskobox

Reaction score
Re: reviv question

NilesTilden said:
thinman said:
since the hair on the head is affected adversely by dht and body hair is + affected by dht has the efficacy of a formula ever been tested on body hair?

Hey gang,

Is body hair positively effected by dht? Meaning it makes body hair grow? I've had a decrease in body hair whilst on finasteride. Most notably on my stomach. Could that be a bad sign?

NT
DHT generally thins scalp hair and thickens body hair.

thinman

Reaction score
so then??

maybe revivogen would be a bad example, maybe crinagen which has no growth stimulants in it like the GSE.
if i applied crinagen to body hair, it should have the reverse effect correct, and should thin out the body hair/make it fall out? which would mean it would have an inverse effect on the hair on my head. if it did nothing to that hair, then it might be a waste of time,,,
the reason why i want to know this is id rather test it out on my arm which i can cover with a bandaid if things go terribly wrong, then on my head (band-aids dont come that big...i wish they did)
why risk a treatment since ur profile may not match the treatment?

Gmoney1

Reaction score
Help.

Revivogen users, please help!!!

I've just started my 3rd bottle (so, in my 3rd month now) of Revivogen. I used Rogaine for about 8 months, but the stuff tore up my scalp - and I was freaking out about the acceleration of the hair loss and wanted to try something else. Well, I moved to Revivogen and although my scalp is somewhat better, my hair IS THINNING LIKE CRAZY!!. I looked at pictures from this past spring and I would do anything to go back to that. Since I started using the Revivogen its been a shedding party! I started using Revivogen as a maintenance method. Now I need to start thinking about regrowth!! My hairline is not pulling back that much, but the thinning is out of control! Lately (past month or so) I feel like its kicked into high gear. I probably lose 50-75 hairs with each shower. I know results are best at 6 - 12 months, but at this rate, I'll be bald!!

For the active users out there, what has your experience been with shedding? I can't believe how much it has accelerated.