Revivogen

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Anonymous said:
HairLossTalk.com..are you still using Reviviogen at all?? We havent heard from you in a while!! He'll never respond, but I thought I would try!!!

I always respond, but you sometimes don't find the posts :) Gotta learn to use the discussion forum features like that dropdown menu up at the top :) You would also have seen my recent update on my regimen which I put in a few days ago here:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... 0508#10508

HairLossTalk.com

richlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
hotdillon said:
Richlocks...how are you coming along with Revivogen???

I don't use revivogen.. only been thinking about topical DHT inhibitors like this because I don't know how much longer I'll be able to hang with finasteride..

dis

Reaction score
Well, I think I should post another update. I have used Revivogen now over a year with and without finasteride, and I think it helped to slow down my hair loss a little, but it appears that the front is still continuing to thin. Just to reiterate, I went off finasteride around May of last year and I have been alternating Reivivogen and spironolactone every other night. I do notice much less hair following out, but I am slowly losing it.

I think I might hold back on my next order of Revivogen and just continue to use Dr. Lee's spironolactone every night to see if that would be more effective. I am trying to find a solution where I don't have to apply topicals three times a day.

I have read some posts in the news groups of people having more results from spironolactone then Revivogen, and possibly this is because there seems to be more evidence that spironolactone works better.

Another possibility would be to use Dr. Lee's 5% spironolactone every night, and also a SOD. Since I can mix spironolactone with other topicals maybe I should use spironolactone and folligen every night and see if that works better.

What ever I do, I think it's time for a change. If I read more positive feedback on Revivogen, then I wouldn't be as doubtful of its effectiveness. However, I used Propecia for a year on various dosages without results either so maybe I might need more then just a 5ar inhibitor.

Anyway, I am not certain yet if I will phase out Revivogen completely, but I am thinking of maybe going without it for a few months and just use spironolactone to see if things change. If things turn for the worse then Revivogen was definitely helping and I will order some more.

strugglinghair

Reaction score
Hello there. I am new in this forum.
I need the help of any person who is currently using Revivogen.

I have 2 bottles of Revivogen I bought last summer but I haven't used yet.
(These are my first bottles of Revivogen.)
I don't remember the appearance of the fluid when I bought them, but now, it appears as if the fluid is degraded.

After shaking the bottle, I load the dropper, and this is what happens:

1. At first, I can see a continuous dark fluid, ok.
2. But after 15 seconds, I can see little watery (colorless or whitish) spheres forming, and moving upwards.
3. after 45 seconds or so, the dense, dark part, accumulates at the bottom, and in the top, only watery-white fluid remains.

The question is: is my Revivogen degraded?

thnx

baboon

Reaction score
Gentlemen

I am 30 years old and have been using Propecia for 3 years and 2 months. In that period I have had incredible success with Propecia - after about 9 months I started to see regrowth and that continued for the following 9 months. Then things stabilized, leaving me with a decent front hairline, a very slight bald spot - but generally a good head of hair for a 30 year old. So in terms of addressing the reason why I was taking it Propecia has been exceptionally effective.

However, my problems and worrys lie with the side effects - which in the past 6 months have got gradually more pronounced. I have previously endured phases of headaches, testicle ache, prostrate pain and a general unease about having such a powerful drug in my system. The pains I have experienced in the past 6 month are still in these areas but do not appear to be going away. They are dull rather than acute but nevertheless everpresent. I have also lost a fair amount of sexual drive and have slightly more trouble getting the little general to perform. This may be related to my age but I doubt it.

This has finally led me to the conclusion that I need to try something else that follows the same principle ie the protection of your scalp form dht, but without the dodgy side effects.

So I am going to follow HairLossTalk.com's example and use Revivogen. I have one months Propecia 1mg daily left to take - in that time I hope my Revivogen will arrive. I will keep you all posted as to how this goes.

Two questions for you all:

Why use Topical Spironolactone with Revivogen when they both contain antiandrogens?

What about using Revivogen with the Hair Max Lasercomb? I can imagine that all this topical busy screws up your hair a little and perhaps the HML will keep it in decent condition.

Deano

Reaction score
Revivogen Shampoo and Propecia

i've been on propecia for 7 months ( 6 months of propecia, + 1 month on 1/5th proscar) and im thinking about adding the revivogen shampoo.

If i dont use the daily scalp theorpy, will that defeat the purpose of the shampoo?

Basically, is the shampoo effective on its own?

thinman

Reaction score
the shampoo is expensive, no shampoo will really stop ur hair loss. it will make ur hair feel bette b/c its a good shampoo. but no the shampoo will only clean ur hair well and will not prevent hairloss on its own.

tommo

Reaction score
wow,this stuff is greasy.Whats the point of washing your hair then putting this stuff on! And how long does it take to dry???Seems to be hours.
Anyone had any real results with this stuff?

Quartz

Reaction score
Tommo...

Welcome to the grease-ridden world of Revivogen!

Personally I do like the delivery system as it feels like it's getting well into your scalp, but the downside is that awful wet-head look.

For this reason I only use it once before going to bed, then wash it out in the morning (after which I use minoxidil).

I'm hoping once a day will be enough - the instructions are very unclear about this, and simply say something like "Some users may find they need 2 applications a day"...what use is that?! How do I know if I'm one of those users? I want to be TOLD what the recommended dose is!

Upto now, after two and half months, it's hard to say if Revivogen is working with 1x application a day.

But I intend to stick with it because Propecia has not worked for me, although I continue to take it.

Let me know how you get on!

Cheers
Q

tommo

Reaction score
Good plan, i'll use it just before bed and wash it off in the morning.Problem is i go for a run every night to try loose some of this weight i've gained (through Propecia) so i take a shower after that too. Bit concerned about washing my hair twice a day. My scalp is already irritating me to F_ck and I dont wona make it worse.

Anyway. Im on dutasteride aswell and may introduce minoxidil again but it always causes real scalp problems. Will keep you informed.

strugglinghair

Reaction score
Please, if any of you has a bottle of Revivogen, help me:

I have 2 bottles of Revivogen I bought last summer but I haven't used yet.
(These are my first bottles of Revivogen.)
I don't remember the appearance of the fluid when I bought them, but now, it appears as if the fluid is degraded.

After shaking the bottle, I load the dropper, and this is what happens:

1. At first, I can see a continuous dark fluid, ok.
2. But after 15 seconds, I can see little watery (colorless or whitish) spheres forming, and moving upwards.
3. after 45 seconds or so, the dense, dark part, accumulates at the bottom, and in the top, only watery-white fluid remains.

The question is: is my Revivogen degraded?

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Yes. Revivogen typically should be refrigerated after purchase, and will typically stay "optimal" for about three months.

HairLossTalk.com

G

HairLossTalk.com - did you ever give this stuff a real try???

Didn't you quit using Revivogen a few weeks after starting it????
I was definitely psyched when I found out you started at the same time I did. I've been on for 3 months - EVERYDAY.
I lost a lot of faith in this stuff when I found out you stopped using it. What's up HairLossTalk.com???????????????
Are you using it again or did you just use it for a few weeks????

dis

Reaction score
Well, I thought I would bud in. In my experience, Revivogen has helped slow down my hairloss were Propecia failed to. I believe Revivogen and topical spironolactone has helped slow down my hairloss, since I lose less hair in the shower, pillow, etc.

I am thinning more noticeably in the front (diffusely), but the front is the hardest part to treat. These treatments definitely help, but you can't expect miracles.

Good luck.

strugglinghair

Reaction score
HairlossTalk:

I e-mailed Revivogen a couple of months ago, and they said Revivogen has a shelf-life of about 3 years.
Also, in the bottle, it says:
"Store at 15ºC to 25ºC (59 F to 77 F) "
This is not refrigerated!

I don't understand anything.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
That may have been the old solution. I think something related to the grape seed extract in it has shortened its shelf life. They definitely told us 3 months recently.

HairLossTalk.com

VoRteX

Established Member
Reaction score
has ANYONE had any VERIFIABLE results with Revivogen? I'd even take some subjective ones at this point if they were given honestly.

I'm about to start taking propecia to complement my minoxidil/nizoral regiment but I'd prefer a topical dht inhibitor.

ANYONE??

I dont like wasting my money on snake oil.

I know the ingredients in Revivogen are "proven" but as far as working by smearing it on your head they are not.