Reactivated My Dating Profiles, Trying To Be Enthusiastic Without Being Obsessed | Page 12 | HairLossTalk Forums

Reactivated My Dating Profiles, Trying To Be Enthusiastic Without Being Obsessed

Discussion in 'The Impact of Hair Loss' started by Afro_Vacancy, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Joan

Joan Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Maybe H.L.T. and HerAlopecia can team up and put together a singles' section. Although I wonder if even women with hair loss truly can understand just how hard it is for men to lose hair too (present company here excluded). It seems you're having success with your hair, kj. Eventually you'll click with the right one.

kj6723 likes this.
  2. Afro_Vacancy

Afro_Vacancy Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    The woman that I met on Monday never got back in touch with me.
    The one that I'm meeting tonight, I'm meeting tonight. She's been somewhat enthusiastic in chat.
    The one that I'm meeting on Friday (possibly) sounded ok, we were supposed to touch base at some point, maybe tomorrow.
    The one that I'm meeting on Saturday texted me today, we talked about movies for a little bit.

This is kind of a heavy plate as I actually have a lot going on lately, work-related. There are many deadlines for the next few weeks. I have not bothered getting in touch with additional women yet, I'll try and do so before the matches expire.

3. WhitePolarBear

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I met a Chad today to play music with tonight, he doesn't know he's a Chad, he ended up asking me for advice because his dating life was a mess.

He thought you had to talk as much as possible on Tinder before setting up a date @shookwun. I'm like "no, it's the other way around!". And he was like "Oh! Really?! I don't want to be pushy!".

Fuck. I thought that was a myth, the incel Chad. But no, there are guys out there, tall, good-looking, fullhead, and they have trouble dating. Saddening, and feeding my inner ER.

CaptainForehead likes this.
  4. shookwun

shookwun Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    There are mechanics to texting, but outside of that there is no particular right or wrong. A little bit of wit, and being genuine and honest about your intentions while acting humane is often enough. outside of this, I keep hearing guys ask the same question over and over again.
    'hey, nice to meet you stunner'

her; bla bla

'well if my day got any better, it would be the two of us'

her' bla bla'

'that's great! well, I liked what I saw and was thinking we should get together some time.

'bla bla bla'

'bla bla'

'Sure. you sound cool. drop me your number, and we can go from there.
    \

SSimply and effective text that I came up with in a matter of seconds. guys trouble themself over stupid bullshit and get to stressed over nothing.

Problem with talking, and chatting to much before you actually know someone is that eventually you burn out. There is no more material, and fuel to add to the fire. Spark is gone, and she's onto someone new who's masculine about there introduction, and knows how to take charge. Tells her the game plan, sets up the date and goes from there. Walks his talk, and is more bite then bark....

5. Patrick_Bateman

Patrick_Bateman Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Trouble dating, maybe. There's no incel Chad, though. Even this Chad with full blown autism has women in the comment section throwing himself after him. There's no comparison with that comment section to one with an ugly autismcel.

rpWzVib.png
    vs

5cP1HQK.png

The funny thing is that it's not just the comment section treating the good looking autism kid better than the ugly one, their respective mothers are treating the good looking one way better than the ugly one.

6. CaptainForehead

CaptainForehead Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    "Feeding your inner ER".

I like the phrase.

7. Afro_Vacancy

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I know of one couple that had extended texting prior to meeting .

The man sent a message but then he had two months of traveling to do. So during that time they were writing a lot of essays to one another. That worked for them, they have a baby girl now.

8. DoctorHouse

DoctorHouse Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    @Joan, I have seen your photo and I am picky. You would be my type in looks. And you are my type in personality too. I am happy for you that you have a great husband. You deserve that.

Joan, Wolf Pack and blackg like this.
  9. rclark

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Like that new avatar. FUCKING HUGE Improvement over the last one!

blackg likes this.
  10. blackg

blackg Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Which one is the ugly one?

rclark likes this.
  11. blackg

blackg Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    So do I.
    Joan's husband hit the jackpot.

Joan, Wolf Pack and DoctorHouse like this.
  12. DoctorHouse

Dislikes Received:
    He sure did!!!!

Afro_Vacancy, blackg and rclark like this.
  13. WhitePolarBear

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Yeah the guy was no incel. He then told me that he went out with the most popular girl at his school and she destroyed his reputation when he broke up with her.

Chad first world problems. I was just taken aback when he asked me for advice, I was like "have you looked in the mirror?! Just say hello and start unzipping your pants you moron!".

RegenWaiting and Patrick_Bateman like this.
  14. Chromedome1990

Chromedome1990 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Yeah I know this situation all too well. I used to play tabletop games with a group of guys, and there was one guy in particular who had legit Asperger's Syndrome & couldn't even speak in complete sentences. However, it's important to note that this guy was about 6'2 with perfect mop top hair like Paul McCartney and had incredible facial aesthetics. Not surprisingly, I would frequently see him with attractive women who I'm pretty sure weren't his caregivers or relatives. Hmmm, I wonder what was going on there... not.

#234 Chromedome1990, Mar 8, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  15. Joan

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I'm afraid I'd drive you crazy in a short amount of time, DH. Plus, I'm a hopeless homebody. I think both of you and others here are the jackpots and have more strength than I do in dealing with life in general. That's the truth. For my entire life, I have always had someone to lean on and have never gone it alone, unlike those who are struggling here at young ages, some without support from even their parents.

16. DoctorHouse

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the kind words. And you are not hopeless. I like being a homebody too so we have that in common. Does you husband ever complain you drive him crazy?

Joan likes this.
  17. Afro_Vacancy

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Date from Monday texted me a day later to let me know that she's really sorry, but she unfortunately doesn't feel a romantic connection.

Date from last night was ok. We had dinner for 1 hour and then maybe walked down the street for another 30 minutes. She kissed me at the end. I might contact her today or maybe she contacted me -- I shut off the phone because the battery was low. Unfortunately, I don't find her attractive.

The woman that I'm seeing Saturday texted me again last night to chat for a bit. I responded a few times and then didn't respond to her last message because I was busy.

CaptainForehead and kj6723 like this.
  18. Joan

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    He doesn't complain that I drive him crazy, no, but he will say that I'm crazy sometimes. Rightly so. I'd say my biggest problem is hypochondria, and it would be miraculous if I ever overcame it. Ever since my kids became teenagers, it's been magnified tenfold. It's like a whole new level of fear. I'm sure you like to go out sometimes, though, whereas I dread social functions (though no one would ever guess), so I'm probably a worse homebody than you!

CaptainForehead and blackg like this.
  19. doubleindemnity

doubleindemnity Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    This woman kissed you? How did you get her to do that? I thought that the man has to initiate the kiss and that a woman never will. That has never happened to me. But I don't have an incredible head of hair like yours so...

CaptainForehead likes this.
  20. Afro_Vacancy

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Dude you're rated as better looking than I am, and my hair is subpar.

IMO, in and of itself, it doesn't mean much.