Reactivated My Dating Profiles, Trying To Be Enthusiastic Without Being Obsessed

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I'm logging out i'lI see you guys around April 7th .
I hope it's sooner. I can't wait until April 7th. That is way too long for me. That is going to mean I am going to need another distraction in the mean time. @sunchyme1 will you be my distraction until @Afro_Vacancy logs back in?

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
Its mostly all about the face. But a wonderful face can be undone by being 5'5, obese, or having a grown out nw7.

Having said all that - I think if you have an average face, average height, and have your weight and clothes locked down then you can still do okay with women: especially as you get older.

How do I know if I have the right face? FWHR has been debunked, so how do we measure?

The latter point is wishful thinking but I don't think that it applies when we're talking of a man who's NW5 or beyond. The older women thing seems to be a myth too. It makes sense as an idea but I see it another way. An older woman has less time to waste in finding the right man. And she is more likely to be looking for something serious. So if a man is a NW6 and not tall enough, he's totally useless to her. A younger woman may entertain the NW6 just to try dating around. It has always been the younger women giving me a chance. The ones of my age or older have been absolutely brutal. Leaving less than one hour into the date, telling me beforehand that they have to leave at a certain time and then leaving even earlier, not even replying to my "nice to meet you" message after the date, blocking my phone number after the date etc etc.

I'm in a real hurry to find somebody because I know that it's those older women that I'll be answering to if my own age gets too high and I am still single.

Are you really gone, @Afro_Vacancy ? It's a whole month without you, man... we need somebody to put the others in their place.

shookwun

Reaction score
  • Wearing a hat: makes you 15% less likely to get a right swipe

:D

shookwun

Reaction score
Going to miss David's extensive field reports, tinder algorithms for match capping, logistics on date proposals and texting mechanics for obtaining maximum interest

Guess we are only left with @Xander94 tinder updates on obtaining his first match

meanwhile @WhitePolarBear is perfecting the art of photo deception.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.reddit.com/user/autumnwolfmoon89

lol

Spamming nudes and going on depression, social anxiety, and the raised by narcissist sub that I would've been able to relate to if sl*ts wouldn't push their nonsense on the place. Ohh look, i'm lonely, time to get some validation by posting pics and selling my dirty underwear to people.

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.reddit.com/user/autumnwolfmoon89

lol

Spamming nudes and going on depression, social anxiety, and the raised by narcissist sub that I would've been able to relate to if sl*ts wouldn't push their nonsense on the place. Ohh look, i'm lonely, time to get some validation by posting pics and selling my dirty underwear to people.
Women can make a living selling dirty panties. Muhhh opreshun!

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is difficult to browse dating apps without having my self-esteem undermined. I attached three pictures that affected me due to different reasons.

Screenshot_20180318-151304.png

The first one has a woman showing off her body and in particular her ***. I will never be with her but let's leave that aside... the issue is that it's just so easy for her. That picture alone will get her a high match rate. It's also not an option for men. Women routinely complain about men who show shirtless pics or gym selfies, men are not allowed to show off in such a blatant manner, we're expected to be more subtle. Women don't face that constraint, I see more cleavage and booty when browsing dating profiles than at any other times. So, even if a man gets a nice body, he needs to organize an entire production to get photos that show that off.

Screenshot_20180328-183016.jpg

The second shows a woman who is practically goddess level. It's not just that I'll never date her, I'll probably never interact with her at all. I don't see women that hot ... practically ever. They're probably all exceedingly wealthy, they work in either medicine, management, or finance or even don't work, they live in richer neighborhoods, etc. Also, her picture is bothering me because she's wearing white (which gets dirty easily) yet she's interacting with her dog. She can probably spend several thousand dollars a year on dry-cleaning and not notice. Maybe she spends over $10,000/year on clothing. I wonder how much she spent on that handbag? Her dog plausibly gets more expensive and more detailed haircuts than I do.

The last picture is of a woman who is theoretically attainable. She's not trying at all. She has a middling photo, and her profile says the most generic thing ever "like to have fun". Thank you for that insight. A lot of women actually write that in their profiles, because women don't need to try as hard. She can be generic as f***, sit back, and wait for a hot guy to bombard her with jokes and offer to buy her an expensive dinner.

Screenshot_20180331-125040.png

Last edited:

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is difficult to browse dating apps without having my self-esteem undermined. I attached three pictures that affected me due to different reasons.

View attachment 83780

The first one has a woman showing off her body and in particular her ***. I will never be with her but let's leave that aside... the issue is that it's just so easy for her. That picture alone will get her a high match rate. It's also not an option for men. Women routinely complain about men who show shirtless pics or gym selfies, men are not allowed to show off in such a blatant manner, we're expected to be more subtle. Women don't face that constraint, I see more cleavage and booty when browsing dating profiles than at any other times. So, even if a man gets a nice body, he needs to organize an entire production to get photos that show that off.

View attachment 83781

The second shows a woman who is practically goddess level. It's not just that I'll never date her, I'll probably never interact with her at all. I don't see women that hot at work, at my hobbies, etc. They're probably all exceedingly wealthy, they work in either medicine, management, or finance or even don't work, they live in richer neighborhoods, etc. Also, her picture is bothering me because she's wearing white (which gets dirty easily) yet she's interacting with her dog. She can probably spend several thousand dollars a year on dry-cleaning and not notice. Maybe she spends over $10,000/year on clothing. I wonder how much she spent on that handbag?

The last picture is of a woman who is theoretically attainable. She's not trying at all. She has a middling photo, and her profile says the most generic thing ever "like to have fun". Thank you for that insight. A lot of women actually write that in their profiles, because women don't need to try as hard. She can be generic as f***, sit back, and wait for a hot guy to bombard her with jokes and offer to buy her an expensive dinner.

View attachment 83782
Lookswise, especially in our 30s, the bottom woman is the only realistic person in terms of looks.

Obviously not smart enough for someone like you - I think you'd need someone who could keep up with your mind (your intelligence may even work against you in terms of dating).

blackg

Reaction score

View attachment 83780

View attachment 83781

The second shows a woman who is practically goddess level. It's not just that I'll never date her, I'll probably never interact with her at all. I don't see women that hot ... practically ever. They're probably all exceedingly wealthy, they work in either medicine, management, or finance or even don't work, they live in richer neighborhoods, etc. Also, her picture is bothering me because she's wearing white (which gets dirty easily) yet she's interacting with her dog. She can probably spend several thousand dollars a year on dry-cleaning and not notice. Maybe she spends over $10,000/year on clothing. I wonder how much she spent on that handbag? Her dog plausibly gets more expensive and more detailed haircuts than I do.

View attachment 83782
It's the grain of these photos that trigger me somewhat.
That horrible yellow/orange hue seems now a standard gentrification, only this time in a photographic sense.

Just another attempt at airbrushing away the unclean and sheltering the viewer from any harsh realities that may offend.