Proxiphen(-N) a scam?

Cassin

Reaction score
oh stop with the conspiracy...

I trust Bryan more than anyone else here.

I have spoken to Dr Proctor several times and I can assure you he is NOT Bryan.

Bryan has never once attempted to ever sell those products here.

Proxiphen is a very solid product and is the next product I will use when my male pattern baldness catches up to treatments. If it doesn't work I am tossing in the towel.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Cassin, Proxiphen is mighty powerful. I have never shed so much hair in my life from this. I just hate having to wait for it to grow all back. But hopefully in 6 months I will have Elvis hair again.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
Bryan said:
hair today gone tomorrow said:
the only funny thing i find is that both proctor and bryan are from houston.

Oh my God!! Somebody alert "Ripley's Believe It Or Not"! :)

The poster "Socks" is a Houstonian, too...

take it easy bryan...i never said i didnt trust what you say...im just pointing something out.

a lot of people do think you have ties to proctor...and *if* you do....it would be easier if you lived in the same city as him.

Have you ever met him in person?

Cassin

Reaction score
Bryan said:
[quote="hair today gone tomorrow":2qoxqqzm]the only funny thing i find is that both proctor and bryan are from houston.

Oh my God!! Somebody alert "Ripley's Believe It Or Not"! :)

The poster "Socks" is a Houstonian, too...

take it easy bryan...i never said i didnt trust what you say...im just pointing something out.

a lot of people do think you have ties to proctor...and *if* you do....it would be easier if you lived in the same city as him.

Have you ever met him in person?[/quote:2qoxqqzm]

I firmly believe Bryan would use his products even if he did not live in Houston.

For the folks that do not know this...

Downtown Houston is a medical city. Its amazing. You can get lost in one area in a maze of offices, labs and hospitals. Try going to a restaurant in downtown Houston and you will be surrounding by tables full of people wearing scrubs.

So Bryan has medical knowledge and lives in Houston....

Dr Proctor has an office and sells a fantastic product and lives in Houston...

They both have hair loss interests...

Why is it so hard to believe that they would cross paths and Bryan would use his products? Dr Proctor is one of countless doctors in the area.

I really think this whole issue is simply because people don't understand the area he lives in. Its almost like accusing someone who loves movies as being Steven Spielberg because he lives in Hollywood.

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
cassin you said you will try proxiphen when your male pattern baldness catches up to treatments...have you ever considered trying Xandrox or have you tried it?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
pippo24 said:
courently I´m using homemade spironolactone and flut-i mix them together right before aplication cause they don´t like each other :)

How do you know that?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score

Have you ever met him in person?

Sure, I've met him a few times over the years. Haven't you seen the before-and-after pictures of my Prox-N usage on this site? Dr. Proctor is the one who snapped those Polaroids of my noggin! :)

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
I firmly believe Bryan would use his products even if he did not live in Houston.

Why is it so hard to believe that they would cross paths and Bryan would use his products? Dr Proctor is one of countless doctors in the area.

Everybody gather around the campfire, and I'll tell y'all (that's how we talk here in Texas) a little story: one day early in 1995 (if I remember the year correctly) I decided maybe I should try to do something about that nasty baldspot at the top back of my head, because people at the office where I was working were starting to kid me about it. I had just become connected to the Internet and had found out about Usenet newsgroups, and a quick search found something called "alt.baldspot", which appeared to be just what I needed! :)

I started reading that group, and found it quite informative. I soon became really fascinated by the technical discussions of hairloss, especially the posts from one Dr. Peter Proctor, whom I recognized as being a local doctor (I'd already seen articles on health written by him in the local newspapers). After a while I was hooked and the rest, as they say, was history! :mrgreen:

I read all about something sold by Dr. Proctor called "Proxiphen" and "Proxiphen-N" (strange names for hairlosss products, I thought at the time), and decided that the non-prescription version was for me. I didn't much relish the idea of Rogaine, which was quite expensive and required a doctor's prescription at that time. Checking to see where I had to go to get to his office, you can imagine my delight when I realized that his office was only about a mile and a half from where I live!! Was that DESTINY, or what?? :)

So I walked into his office that fateful day in 1995 and bought my first bottle of Proxiphen-N, and met Dr. Proctor and his receptionist/wife Donna. Had a nice chat with both of them, and Dr. Proctor snapped a photo of my scalp, just so that I could tell for sure at some later date exactly what effect (if any) that his product was having on me. I really appreciated that little touch, and considered that to be a sign of his honesty and professionalism that he would do that with his walk-in patients. He didn't want any guesswork here, he wanted the patient to have PROOF of what was happening. He gave the Polaroid to _me_, to keep in my possession. I trust the man. I think the rest of you should trust him, too.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
Bryan said:
Cassin said:

Everybody gather around the campfire, and I'll tell y'all (that's how we talk here in Texas) a little story: one day early in 1995 (if I remember the year correctly) I decided maybe I should try to do something about that nasty baldspot at the top back of my head, because people at the office where I was working were starting to kid me about it. I had just become connected to the Internet and had found out about Usenet newsgroups, and a quick search found something called "alt.baldspot", which appeared to be just what I needed! :)

I started reading that group, and found it quite informative. I soon became really fascinated by the technical discussions of hairloss, especially the posts from one Dr. Peter Proctor, whom I recognized as being a local doctor (I'd already seen articles on health written by him in the local newspapers). After a while I was hooked and the rest, as they say, was history! :mrgreen:

I read all about something sold by Dr. Proctor called "Proxiphen" and "Proxiphen-N" (strange names for hairlosss products, I thought at the time), and decided that the non-prescription version was for me. I didn't much relish the idea of Rogaine, which was quite expensive and required a doctor's prescription at that time. Checking to see where I had to go to get to his office, you can imagine my delight when I realized that his office was only about a mile and a half from where I live!! Was that DESTINY, or what?? :)

So I walked into his office that fateful day in 1995 and bought my first bottle of Proxiphen-N, and met Dr. Proctor and his receptionist/wife Donna. Had a nice chat with both of them, and Dr. Proctor snapped a photo of my scalp, just so that I could tell for sure at some later date exactly what effect (if any) that his product was having on me. I really appreciated that little touch, and considered that to be a sign of his honesty and professionalism that he would do that with his walk-in patients. He didn't want any guesswork here, he wanted the patient to have PROOF of what was happening. He gave the Polaroid to _me_, to keep in my possession. I trust the man. I think the rest of you should trust him, too.

HUH? bryan i thought you helped him coin the term prox-n ??!?!?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score

I did. Or at least, I'm pretty sure I did. Why do you ask?

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
Bryan said:

I did. Or at least, I'm pretty sure I did. Why do you ask?

Bryan you wrote:

I read all about something sold by Dr. Proctor called "Proxiphen" and "Proxiphen-N" (strange names for hairlosss products, I thought at the time)

that makes no sense if you helped coin the term....the way you told the story it seemed liek they were already named before you even knew they existed and before you even made your initial visit.....if you helped named them how can you say you thought they were strange names at the time?

ehhh

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Go back and re-read what you wrote yourself:

"HUH? bryan i thought you helped him coin the term prox-n ??!?!?"

Yes, I helped coin the abbreviation PROX-N, not the full name PROXIPHEN-N! :mrgreen:

I previously explained exactly how that happened in a post right here on this site, which you obviously read at the time, but forgot the details. Briefly, this is what happened: I had been posting a lot on alt.baldspot about my use of Proxiphen-N and eventually I got kinda tired of writing-out that full long name, so I started abbreviating it to simply "Prox-N". I noticed that some others in the group gradually started calling it that, too.

A few months later I ran out of the Proxiphen-N, so I went to get another bottle from Dr. Proctor's office. To my tremendous surprise, lo and behold the name on the bottle had changed to "Prox-N"!! I thought that was really cool! :)

RaginDemon

Reaction score
I love it when people claim a treatment is a scam when it doesn't work for them.

Stupidity has no limits.

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
cassin you said you will try proxiphen when your male pattern baldness catches up to treatments...have you ever considered trying Xandrox or have you tried it?

(had to repost this to get through all the garbage)

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
Bryan said:
Go back and re-read what you wrote yourself:

"HUH? bryan i thought you helped him coin the term prox-n ??!?!?"

Yes, I helped coin the abbreviation PROX-N, not the full name PROXIPHEN-N! :mrgreen:

I previously explained exactly how that happened in a post right here on this site, which you obviously read at the time, but forgot the details. Briefly, this is what happened: I had been posting a lot on alt.baldspot about my use of Proxiphen-N and eventually I got kinda tired of writing-out that full long name, so I started abbreviating it to simply "Prox-N". I noticed that some others in the group gradually started calling it that, too.

A few months later I ran out of the Proxiphen-N, so I went to get another bottle from Dr. Proctor's office. To my tremendous surprise, lo and behold the name on the bottle had changed to "Prox-N"!! I thought that was really cool! :)

ok fair enough

bcapop

Established Member
Reaction score
"Proxiphen is a very solid product"

"Dr Proctor has an office and sells a fantastic product"

The product is not proven, makes false claimes and there are far more negative posts then positive. And still people think it's worth the money. Yes you're being objective :innocent:.

viperfish

Reaction score
RaginDemon said:
I love it when people claim a treatment is a scam when it doesn't work for them.

Stupidity has no limits.

I never said it was a scam. I said it is a ripoff. There are alot of people who it has not worked for. I feel sorry for those who think proxiphen is some mighty miracle and will be there last ditch effort. I think the price of proxiphen gives it that illusion.

viperfish

Reaction score
Bryan said:
viperfish said:
Hey, I don't know Dr. Proctor. Therefore, I should NOT have complete trust in him.

So do you have ANY trust in him at all? Do you believe the photos on his Web site are legit, or not?

viperfish said:
I believe he is first a business man.

Do you feel the same way about Dr. Lee, and all the other doctors who have hairloss products on the market?

I'm not saying I don't believe the photos are real. There just are not many of them for a man who has been in business for so long and apparently takes photos of his patients before and after treatment, as you stated. All I'm saying is that he needs to test proxiphen and prove that it works. Until Proctor tests proxiphen, it is a ripoff and some may consider it a scam. Proctor makes very bold claims on his website, but can't back it up with any study.

Jacobo

Established Member
Reaction score
bcapop, you don't believe in Dr Proctor's honesty. Fine. But me and many others do. Bearing that in mind, who are you to tell us how much should we spend in hairloss products that work for us? It is none of your businness.

If you just take time to read some of Bryan's post, and you are honest with yourself, you will be embarrased about your posts. You might think that your insults make you look direct and smart. For me, it makes you look like an angry sad young man. But English is not my first language. I can be wrong and you look really clever for the rest.

Being myself a non-american, I tend to think about Dr Proctor as an example of the best America can offer. An honest man, who offers a top product without PR. With small budget, sailing against the tide. And he improves his product on regular basis without even talking about it. SOD's, Nano, spironolactone, etc. Trying, reformulating...

And in the opposite side of the market, here we have the worst of America: Some big fat pharma companies, who in the last 10 years they have just made one improvement for the hairloss community. After spending billions on marketing, "research", etc. They have gone from minoxidil... to minoxidil foam.