Proxiphen(-N) a scam?

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Yes Bryan, some things work for some people and don't work for others. That's just the way it is. :(

I can sympathize with the frustration someone has who is afflicted with an aggressive form of male pattern baldness.

They try everything and nothing seems to be able to counter their agressive case of male pattern baldness.

Someday maybe? :)

Old Baldy

Reaction score
pippo24 said:
I think tempo/tempol are called spin labels. PBN is the spin trap in his concoctions and it is VERY expensive. Check out the prices from chemical suppliers of PBN. You'll be shocked.
thx for your info
btw is that the right stuff:?
http://store.nexternal.com/shared/Store ... =687553048

the price is not too bad...but i dont´know which concentration to use and if it is possible to mix some of the powder in spironolactone?
does anybody know?

That's the stuff Pippo. You don't think it's that expensive?! Well, maybe not since you only (probably) need to use 0.5 to 1 percent maximum.

How do I know? Just from reading ingredient recipes used by professionals for many products. It is a guess on my part from all that reading. I've read alot of recipes suggested for medicinal products and you don't need much of the antioxidants.

Oh heck, you could probably go up to 2 percent and the 10 grams you posted would make 500ml of concoctions, (or one pound).

Pippo, tempo/tempol/tempoh is probably going to be approved by the FDA for preventing hairloss in chemo. patients. I think that is the better stuff for our purposes but that is just my layman's guess. Oh heck, PBN should be fine for Godsakes, who am I to say?

I've never noticed a stinky smell - ever. I always refrigerate spironolactone. concoctions though. ALWAYS! (And I mix Germaban IIe in my homemade creams to prevent spoilage. You probably don't need to do this if you buy store bought creams and make small batches.)
However, I STRONGLY recommend putting spironolactone. concoctions in the refrigerator. You can get Germaban IIe at alot of places, The Chemistry Store is one place. Go to that site and read up on preservatives.

Btw, buy some Prox-N from LEF or Doctor Proctor's site now and then to make up for using the knowledge Doctor Proctor has provided us. It's only fair to do that IMHO. I buy a couple to a few bottles a year to be fair to Doctor Proctor. He's got bills to pay also. :)

Plus, it's just easier that way. You have a pro making the Prox-N and just spread your spironolactone. cream over the top. Leave it on for as long as possible IMHO. I put mine on in the morning and leave it on all day most of the time. Same for night time applications.

viperfish

Reaction score
Bryan, unless I'm missing something there are 5 sets of pictures! 2 of the 5 sets are new. How long has proctor been around? Whose to say those pictures are legit? You are pointless to argue with. I know that your getting "something" from Proctor. There is no denying it. I have always felt that way. I also love the way you show your face in every Proctor Product thread. BTW Bryan, do you use Proxiphen? If you do please post some pictures. I do believe your a norwood 4 or so, correct? What has Proxiphen done for you?

Small dab of minoxidil or not. Some people respond great to it. Bryan did you ask your buddy proctor if he would test proxiphen and "prove" that it works?????

Until then, this product is overpriced bullshit! Stay away.

bcapop

Established Member
Reaction score
From reading this thread it's obvious that everybody should skip Proxiphen and just buy some Minoxidil and/or spironolactone from Dr. Lee, Ebay or whatever.

-472 views and no positive result with only Proxiphen or Proxiphen-N.
-Mixing a lot of ingredients together is no guarantee that it will work. There's a big change ingredients will cancel each other out and concentration are also very important. Don't think anybody knows the concentrations of the ingredients.
-It's way to expensive.
-Bryan seems to think that Nano shampoo is better then Nizoral, which it isn't. Nizoral is proven to thicken hairs, Nano shampoo isn't.
-Money-back guarantee, yeah right. It's easy to just ignore the question right Bryan?

If you want to throw away your money, don't. Just send it to me :jump: .

pratc

Established Member
Reaction score
How much commission do you get for every Proxiphen sale Bryan?

Even though Bryan has been associated with Proxiphen, I have never known him to actively promote any substance from Dr. P. I have always found him to be scrupulous and honest with all his advice and views on this forum.

This is going to be one of those threads full of conjecture.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
He's ignoring you BC because you're making blanket, rash generalizations without doing any reading about all the chemicals being used in various hairloss remedies and making comments discussing the specifics of each chemical.

(Other companies use spin traps and spin labels btw. They are "cutting edge" technology currently. Proctor and Gamble tried to get a European patent on nicotinic acid n-oxide approved but it was rejected because Doctor Proctor already had one.)

Read up on the chemicals Doctor Proctor uses and discuss why they don't work with Bryan. I'll bet he answers your specific arguments then. :)

Give me specific information as to why my spironolactone., tempo, nicotinic acid n-oxide concoction isn't stable. Give me specific information informing me that these chemicals cancel themselves out.

I can give you information that they do not cancel themselves out. In fact tempo/tempol is used sometimes by industry to treat plastics and paper so they last much longer.

Where's your information. Give me an analysis instead of blanket generalizations that basically mean nothing to me.

If you do some reading on nicotinic acid n-oxide you'll also discover that it has some minor free radical neutralizinig ability on its own. So it should add to stability rather than dimish it.

Nicotinic acid and its derivatives have an acid ph. spironolactone., in studies, has been shown to do better in acid ph concoctions. Nicotinic acid n-oxide can help in this manner also.

In fact, I add a little "regular" USP nicotinic acid to my creams to make them more acid so the spironolactone. will do better. Do you have any technical information I can read that will tell me I'm wrong on this?

Please tell me why the chemicals I use in my concoction are cancelling each other out? Please cite me studies, examples, papers, articles, reviews, etc., that prove your blanket generalization. Otherwise...... well you fill in the blank.

Finally, as has been pointed out to you numerous times, the vast majority of people use multiple treatments. So it is impossible for them (or me) to say what is specifically working.

Now who is the ignorant one? You're exhibiting about as much analytical skill as my dog. Wait, why am I insulting my dog?! He's intelligent for Godsakes. :mrgreen:

bcapop

Established Member
Reaction score
My computer messed up my reply :( But I'll say this again:

But I thought it "grows significantly more hair on more people than any other agent"? Why do you need multiple treatments?

It's NOT proven and it DOESN'T "grows significantly more hair on more people than any other agent".

It always surprises me that topicals like Nanoadeno aren't getting any attention, but there are always some people who think Proxiphen does deserve it. Even though Nanoadeno has a superior vehicle, much evidence behind it (some on humans, most in vitro/vivo), rather cheap, doesn't scam people with false claims and has a lot of success stories. Yes, those people are very sad :( .

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
viperfish said:
How long has proctor been around? Whose to say those pictures are legit? You are pointless to argue with.

Yeah, you're actually right: if you don't even believe in the fundamental honesty and professionalism of Dr. Proctor, then we can't even get to Square 1 here. There's not much point in continuing this discussion if you don't even think the pictures on his Web site are legitimate.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
hair today gone tomorrow said:
the only funny thing i find is that both proctor and bryan are from houston.

Oh my God!! Somebody alert "Ripley's Believe It Or Not"! :)

The poster "Socks" is a Houstonian, too...

viperfish

Reaction score
Bryan said:
viperfish said:
How long has proctor been around? Whose to say those pictures are legit? You are pointless to argue with.

Yeah, you're actually right: if you don't even believe in the fundamental honesty and professionalism of Dr. Proctor, then we can't even get to Square 1 here. There's not much point in continuing this discussion if you don't even think the pictures on his Web site are legitimate.

You pick on one thing out of everything else I said. Answer my questions. Hey, I don't know Dr. Proctor. Therefore, I should NOT have complete trust in him. I believe he is first a business man.

viperfish

Reaction score
hair today gone tomorrow said:
the only funny thing i find is that both proctor and bryan are from houston.

Oh no they have to have ties! Come on Bryan, tell us about you and Proctor. Do you come on these sites to promote his products? Answer this question honestly?

viperfish

Reaction score
Old Baldy said:
Viper, do you respond to spironolactone. creams? I'm being serious now.

I have used spironolactone on and off for a long time. Kinda tough to say. It may help with maintaining, but no where near as good as finasteride.

bcapop

Established Member
Reaction score
viperfish said:
Bryan said:
viperfish said:

You pick on one thing out of everything else I said. Answer my questions. Hey, I don't know Dr. Proctor. Therefore, I should NOT have complete trust in him. I believe he is first a business man.

Yep, that's Bryan and his Proxiphen gang.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
viperfish said:
Hey, I don't know Dr. Proctor. Therefore, I should NOT have complete trust in him.

So do you have ANY trust in him at all? Do you believe the photos on his Web site are legit, or not?

viperfish said:
I believe he is first a business man.

Do you feel the same way about Dr. Lee, and all the other doctors who have hairloss products on the market?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
viperfish said:
Come on Bryan, tell us about you and Proctor. Do you come on these sites to promote his products? Answer this question honestly?

I recommend his products to people who have the money to spend on them (they're rather expensive, as we all know). I don't "promote" them in the sense that you mean.

pippo24

Reaction score
[That's the stuff Pippo. You don't think it's that expensive?! Well, maybe not since you only (probably) need to use 0.5 to 1 percent maximum.

How do I know? Just from reading ingredient recipes used by professionals for many products. It is a guess on my part from all that reading. I've read alot of recipes suggested for medicinal products and you don't need much of the antioxidants.

Oh heck, you could probably go up to 2 percent and the 10 grams you posted would make 500ml of concoctions, (or one pound)./quote]
yes thats exactly i want to do.
I def. have to do some resarch about the right % but as you mentioned i think 1,5-2% is fine.
so 130 $ for 500 ml is not to bad thats 13$ for 50ml-as i sad not too bad.
After doing lots of resarch im going to make my own topical:
courently I´m using homemade spironolactone and flut-i mix them together right before aplication cause they don´t like each other :)
Anyway at the moment i´m constructing a very potent herbal mix with lot´s of good other stuff in it.
All of my three topicals will be (hopefully)packed in ethosomes.
Thats quite advenced(and i have to admit that i have fortunataly professional help on my side! :hump: )-and i´m loking forward that this will work!
Thx for your help with spin traps-i think i will pack them in one of the tthree topicals

pippo24

Reaction score
One more word to procter:
I think he has quite a good knowledege of MBP.
But he is not very good in economics for sure.
his products are good-but they are way overpriced!And for me a scam is something that doesnt work-or only works weak or to some degree but is damn expensive.
I personally would pay up to 200$ a month for the perfect topical.
And perfect means no more shedding no sides no irritation and good regrowth.
This topical would be worth that money!