Proxiphen(-N) a scam?

pippo24

Reaction score
How do you know that?
I know it-if you mix them together in one solution you´ll get stability probs. and they won´t work perfectly anymore.
Im very surprised that nearly nobody here is using topical flut.
it´s great stuff!I know you are affraid of syst. absorbtion.
But if you use 20mg topicaly then the total sys. absorbed amount is so tiny it will not cause any probs!And its halflife is only 5h.
(to compare the oral dose for cancer or switching your gender is 750mg a day)
In europe many people use it and i never heard of anybody who had probs with it.
You just have to limitate the amount on your scalp.
For me its 1 ml of 2%Flut mixed up in spironolactone once a day.But there are people who use it twice a day and may be 3ml per aplication.So they use 120mg a day and that may cause probs for sure.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Good luck Pippo. I don't have near the ability to encapsulate stuff into ethosomes, etc. Is it necessary to have the active ingredients encapsulated or will it suffice to have the stuff just mixed with the "nanosome" type of base?

Thanks for any info.

Also, give us recipes! I love tinkering with that type of thing. Especially in the winter when I can't garden, play golf, etc. (I can still shoot my guns though!! :) )

Does the flutamide mixed with spironolactone. get stinky? I ask this because I've never read of any interactions between those two drugs? That's oral usage though.

Viper: It always amazes me that some stuff works for some people and doesn't work for others. Actually pisses me off to tell you the truth. But I guess that's all part of evolution? We can't all be the same or we'd "stagnate"?

Finally, Bryan ain't Doctor Proctor. And if you point out an error about something he says, he's the first to admit it. Honest, upstanding guy with alot of knowledge. A little bit "crusty" but a decent guy IMHO. :)

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Bryan: I've always been curious why you haven't latched onto bayberry extract. As you know, an in vivo study showed it lowered scalp DHT by 39 percent. That's pretty strong and should help. (I mean, how much do we have to lower the effects of androgens to "thwart" the effect of dht, etc.?)

As a test, I went without my spironolactone. and bayberry mix for a few months a while back and only took two dutasteride. capsules a week.

I then added back the spironolactone. concoction I make (along with bayberry extract over the top of that stuff fairly regularly) and, in a couple of months, I noticed my hair was MUCH more healthy looking and the crown was growing in around the edges and becoming smaller.

I did this when I started taking dutasteride. orally twice a week. I wanted to see if dutasteride. could do it all. (It couldn't for me, the same as finasteride didn't "do it all" for me.)

Those three concoctions (i.e., dutasteride. internal at twice a week, the spironolactone. homemade concoction I discussed previously and bayberry extract) act synergistically(sp?) for me. Plus, the stuff is cosmetically acceptable for me because I have dark hair.

Why have you stayed away from bayberry extract? The only in vivo tested herbal that diminishes the effects of androgens (i.e., that I know of).

Plus, it has some antioxidant effect from what I've read about bayberry extract in general. (It's an old herb used for centuries and is safe, probably healthy?)

In fact, I've always been curious why bayberry extract hasn't become poplular for a homemade concoction that will diminish the effects of androgens?

bcapop

Established Member
Reaction score
Jacobo said:
bcapop, you don't believe in Dr Proctor's honesty. Fine. But me and many others do. Bearing that in mind, who are you to tell us how much should we spend in hairloss products that work for us? It is none of your businness.

If you just take time to read some of Bryan's post, and you are honest with yourself, you will be embarrased about your posts. You might think that your insults make you look direct and smart. For me, it makes you look like an angry sad young man. But English is not my first language. I can be wrong and you look really clever for the rest.

Being myself a non-american, I tend to think about Dr Proctor as an example of the best America can offer. An honest man, who offers a top product without PR. With small budget, sailing against the tide. And he improves his product on regular basis without even talking about it. SOD's, Nano, spironolactone, etc. Trying, reformulating...

And in the opposite side of the market, here we have the worst of America: Some big fat pharma companies, who in the last 10 years they have just made one improvement for the hairloss community. After spending billions on marketing, "research", etc. They have gone from minoxidil... to minoxidil foam.

You Proxiphen believers are too afraid to look at the facts. And Bryan this, Bryan that...look at ALL the posts about Proxiphen (Hairsite, Baldspot, HairLossTalk.com etc.) from not only Bryan. There are far more negative posts than positive. Well if Proxiphen indeed would grow significant more hair than any other agent and Finasteride has ~90% succes rate, Proxiphen would come close to a 100%. IF you believe what Proctor writes on his website. But it isn't so yes it's a scam, rip off, whatever somebody calls it.

Without PR? LOL, now your just lying. You should read his website and his (latest) posts more.

And no improvement lately? Wat about Fred and his topical? Elsom Research? Sinere? etc. Now you're lying again or you just don't know. Read my other post about Nanoadeno. Nobody comments on that, because they know I'm right.

bcapop

Established Member
Reaction score
Old Baldy said:
In fact, I've always been curious why bayberry extract hasn't become poplular for a homemade concoction that will diminish the effects of androgens?

A lot of people are using Bayberry including me. Baldspot is full of posts with Bayberry.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Good, because I don't hear much about it anymore.

It was the first anti-androgen chemical I ever used.

Oh, I do use homemade herbals, always have and always will. I'm a total wacko when it comes to herbals! Heated oil extractions, alcohol extractions, boiling water extractions, etc. And bayberry is in all of them BC!! :)

I have one heated oil extraction concoction I call "Everything". :crazy: Does it help, I have no idea but it was fun to make and it hasn't hurt any from what I can tell over the years.

Yes, I'm an herbal wacko!

Jacobo

Established Member
Reaction score
bcapop said:
Read my other post about Nanoadeno. Nobody comments on that, because they know I'm right.

Good for you.

Dr Proctor is phisician and Phd. So you are...? How many years have you been researching hairloss? Where are your patents? Your experience? Your published research? Your credentials?. Why do I have to believe you?

About Proctor pricing: For me it is fair. I would even pay more.

pippo24

Reaction score
Good luck Pippo. I don't have near the ability to encapsulate stuff into ethosomes, etc. Is it necessary to have the active ingredients encapsulated or will it suffice to have the stuff just mixed with the "nanosome" type of base?

Thanks for any info.

Also, give us recipes! I love tinkering with that type of thing. Especially in the winter when I can't garden, play golf, etc. (I can still shoot my guns though!! )

Does the flutamide mixed with spironolactone. get stinky? I ask this because I've never read of any interactions between those two drugs? That's oral usage though

So as I said I have someone who really is one of the few left gentelmen and helpfull persons in nowadays cold world. :sobbing:
He is the one of us who has really superior knowledge.-I think from time to time I have a good idea too :mrgreen:
Its not that easy to get stuff in ethosomes...but its worth the work i.m.o.
Concerning flut and spironolactone they will stay stable some days in the same solution ,but then it may give probs. so its better to mix them up right before or maybe enough for some days.
I will try to bring you some sientific background about these the next days.
recipes-yes i have some-but I have to ask my friend if it´s ok for him i tell you some of it.
Anyway I wish all of you a happy new year ,luck ,health and happienes in the comming year

bcapop

Established Member
Reaction score
Jacobo said:
bcapop said:
Read my other post about Nanoadeno. Nobody comments on that, because they know I'm right.

Good for you.

Dr Proctor is phisician and Phd. So you are...? How many years have you been researching hairloss? Where are your patents? Your experience? Your published research? Your credentials?. Why do I have to believe you?

About Proctor pricing: For me it is fair. I would even pay more.

If you can comment on that line of my post, you can also comment on the other things said in my post. Or is that to hard for you?

pippo24

Reaction score
[A lot of people are using Bayberry including me. Baldspot is full of posts with Bayberry.
/quote]
I think bayberry is good but the prob. imo is that it has to be a very high % of it in a topical solution to be effective-so there is not much space left for other stuff.

Jacobo

Established Member
Reaction score
bcapop said:
If you can comment on that line of my post, you can also comment on the other things said in my post. Or is that to hard for you?

You called me liar twice. Why do you want my comments, then?

bcapop

Established Member
Reaction score
Jacobo said:
bcapop said:

You called me liar twice. Why do you want my comments, then?

Boo hoo :jackit:. Then don't comment at all.

Jacobo

Established Member
Reaction score
bcapop, I am serious about that. You called me liar. You should apologize.

bcapop

Established Member
Reaction score
Jacobo said:
bcapop, I am serious about that. You called me liar. You should apologize.

But you are lying or you just don't know (as I said before..)

viperfish

Reaction score
Old Baldy said:

Thanks for any info.

Also, give us recipes! I love tinkering with that type of thing. Especially in the winter when I can't garden, play golf, etc. (I can still shoot my guns though!! :) )

Does the flutamide mixed with spironolactone. get stinky? I ask this because I've never read of any interactions between those two drugs? That's oral usage though.

Viper: It always amazes me that some stuff works for some people and doesn't work for others. Actually pisses me off to tell you the truth. But I guess that's all part of evolution? We can't all be the same or we'd "stagnate"?

Finally, Bryan ain't Doctor Proctor. And if you point out an error about something he says, he's the first to admit it. Honest, upstanding guy with alot of knowledge. A little bit "crusty" but a decent guy IMHO. :)

No, I understand what you are saying. However, there is no proof that proxiphen works any better than plain old minoxidil. You have to admit that. So why spend the money?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
pippo24 said:
How do you know that?
I know it-if you mix them together in one solution you´ll get stability probs. and they won´t work perfectly anymore.

Sorry if I sound like I'm pressing you on this, but you've got me curious and you seem to be rather vague about it.

How do you KNOW you're having "stability problems"? What are you actually SEEING??

pippo24 said:
Im very surprised that nearly nobody here is using topical flut. it´s great stuff!I know you are affraid of syst. absorbtion. But if you use 20mg topicaly then the total sys. absorbed amount is so tiny it will not cause any probs! ... In europe many people use it and i never heard of anybody who had probs with it.

Yes, but an important consideration that many of us have is that animal experiments strongly suggest that topical flutamide works purely by a systemic route of absorption. If that's correct for humans, too, then what's even the point of applying it topically? Why not just take that 20 mg of flutamide ORALLY every day, and save yourself a lot of trouble from having to use a topical application? :)

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Old Baldy said:
Bryan: I've always been curious why you haven't latched onto bayberry extract. As you know, an in vivo study showed it lowered scalp DHT by 39 percent. That's pretty strong and should help.

Waseda was kind enough to mail me a copy of that hamster flank-organ test with topical bayberry a few years ago, so it's use as a 5a-reductase inhibitor (or maybe even an antiandrogen) seems legitimate. But I'm not aware of it ever being tested in vivo on human scalps! Can you cite that study for me?

Old Baldy said:
Why have you stayed away from bayberry extract? The only in vivo tested herbal that diminishes the effects of androgens (i.e., that I know of).

I suppose it's mainly because I don't know of a reliable and cheap way to get it.

Cassin

Reaction score
Dogs3 said:
cassin you said you will try proxiphen when your male pattern baldness catches up to treatments...have you ever considered trying Xandrox or have you tried it?

(had to repost this to get through all the garbage)

No I have not. Too expensive and not enough promise.

I do use item 500 though.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Cassin do you use the foam too?