Proxiphen(-N) a scam?

viperfish

Reaction score
Bryan said:
We should also mention something that's been strangely overlooked so far in this thread, which is the fact that Prox-N has a money-back guarantee. In all the railing that's been done about what a "scam" Prox-N supposedly is, why has there been no acknowledgement of that? :nono:

To be honest, that really depends on what kind of a guarantee it is. Is it per bottle, like I would assume, or is it for a certain time frame? So if someone where to use it for 8 months and saw no improvement they would just be able to return their last bottle, correct? Or would they be able to return all 8 of the bottles for a refund??

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, to start with, a two-ounce bottle of Prox-N lasts longer than a month, because you're only supposed to use "8-10 drops, once or twice a day".

My assumption has always been that the guarantee is for one bottle, but you could always call the Proctors or email them and enquire about their policy.

bcapop

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
We should also mention something that's been strangely overlooked so far in this thread, which is the fact that Prox-N has a money-back guarantee. In all the railing that's been done about what a "scam" Prox-N supposedly is, why has there been no acknowledgement of that? :nono:

Oh damn Bryan. Every scammer says they cary a money back guarantee, but it's all bullshit. Everybody knows you can't judge a treatment in 2-4 months. It's just smart marketing:

"These carry a two or four month money back guarantee."

pratc

Established Member
Reaction score
My comments were about the 'Proxiphen' not the (-N) as I didn't know there was a different product with such a similar name and also $100 per month was mentioned. Even so, there are no concrete reasons to suggest either is a scam. I suppose it is unlikely that many will just use Proxiphen so the hearsay evidence is lacking.

bcapop

Established Member
Reaction score
pratc said:
My comments were about the 'Proxiphen' not the (-N) as I didn't know there was a different product with such a similar name and also $100 per month was mentioned. Even so, there are no concrete reasons to suggest either is a scam. I suppose it is unlikely that many will just use Proxiphen so the hearsay evidence is lacking.

Ok so if I put some stuff like Minoxidil, spironolactone, Folligen, Copper peptides etc. in a topical, charge you 100 dollars a month and say that it's better than all the other treatments, I'm NOT? scamming you? Oh my...

Don't be so ignorant please.

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i dont think prox is a scam, it has good ingredients that are proven to work, but yes the price is a bit high..Prox-n is also too high of a price but it isnt a scam treatment.

pratc

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok so if I put some stuff like Minoxidil, spironolactone, Folligen, Copper peptides etc. in a topical, charge you 100 dollars a month and say that it's better than all the other treatments, I'm NOT? scamming you? Oh my...

Don't be so ignorant please

Well, if you can put together all the ingredients and keep them all stable for long periods of time (> year) and cover any licensing costs (if there are/were any); also cover original and future research and development costs, not forgetting an income for staff etc. etc. and then undercut by a significant margin, I would not necessarily call Dr Proctor's business a scam i.e. fraudulent, but I maybe could call it a 'rip-off'.

viperfish

Reaction score
Dogs3 said:
i dont think prox is a scam, it has good ingredients that are proven to work, but yes the price is a bit high..Prox-n is also too high of a price but it isnt a scam treatment.

Here is the problem. It has never ever been "proven" to work. There is no proof that mixing all of those ingredients together will work. So it is not a proven product. The only thing "proven" to "really" work in proxiphen is minoxidil. Therefore, it is not worth $100.00 dollars per month.

viperfish

Reaction score
Bryan said:
Well, to start with, a two-ounce bottle of Prox-N lasts longer than a month, because you're only supposed to use "8-10 drops, once or twice a day".

My assumption has always been that the guarantee is for one bottle, but you could always call the Proctors or email them and enquire about their policy.

I was just giving an example, but your right (1) bottle is good for about 2 months, if you apply it as directed. However, going with the assumption of having a guarantee per bottle is not a very good guarantee, is it?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
viperfish said:
Here is the problem. It has never ever been "proven" to work. There is no proof that mixing all of those ingredients together will work. So it is not a proven product. The only thing "proven" to "really" work in proxiphen is minoxidil. Therefore, it is not worth $100.00 dollars per month.

Well, if you think Dr. Proctor (who is both a physician, and has a PhD) is a bold-faced liar when he talks about his decades of experience with Proxiphen in many many patients and that Proxiphen really has no effect whatsoever on hairloss, then I suppose it's safe to say that you won't be using it? :mrgreen:

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
viperfish said:
Dogs3 said:

Okay, fair enough, but chec out these results one more time:
http://www.hairlosshelp.com/websites/Nightline/

This guy was using Proxiphen and Xandrox 15, both cosidered to be "useless" by many users. So one of them had to be working, right? My guess is both but you certainly can't say neither had an effect so take you pick.

viperfish

Reaction score
Bryan said:
viperfish said:

Well, if you think Dr. Proctor (who is both a physician, and has a PhD) is a bold-faced liar when he talks about his decades of experience with Proxiphen in many many patients and that Proxiphen really has no effect whatsoever on hairloss, then I suppose it's safe to say that you won't be using it? :mrgreen:

Oh no Bryan, I have used all of Proctors products. I used proxiphen for over a year. I'm not calling him a liar, but his products sure don't work that great especially for the price. I had more luck with plan old generic minoxidil.

viperfish

Reaction score
Dogs3 said:
viperfish said:
Dogs3 said:

Okay, fair enough, but chec out these results one more time:
http://www.hairlosshelp.com/websites/Nightline/

This guy was using Proxiphen and Xandrox 15, both cosidered to be "useless" by many users. So one of them had to be working, right? My guess is both but you certainly can't say neither had an effect so take you pick.

If you read his regimen carefully, he also uses propecia and the lasercomb. He also applies minoxidil twice per day, using both proxiphen and xandrox (15% minoxidil). I would say it is kinda hard to determine what is helping. But, you can't say that his success is mostly due to proxiphen.

bcapop

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:

Is it so hard to answer?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
viperfish said:
Oh no Bryan, I have used all of Proctors products. I used proxiphen for over a year. I'm not calling him a liar, but his products sure don't work that great especially for the price. I had more luck with plan old generic minoxidil.

I'd be curious to know how you feel about your own lack of results, compared to those before-and-after pictures on his Web site.

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well if you read his regimen even more carefully, and some old posts, he also goes on to say that he has experimented in dumping each product in his regimen for several weeks at a time to see if one product may not be helping, he lost hair in doing so and came to the conclusion that every item in his regimen (propecia, xandrox, prox, and his custom shampoo) was helping add to his success. Last time i talked to him which was like 2 weeks ago he told me that his regimen is simple: Proxiphen in the morning, Xandrox15 at night,and propecia daily. he doesnt use standard minoxidil anymore, he bumped it up to xandrox and he doesnt use the lasercomb either.

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i should add though that i do agree that prox is overpriced but it certainly isnt a scam. I dont like how some people try one product and then claim that "its a scam!" because it didnt work. Like just spironolactone by itself might not work but use it with minoxidil and you get better results. Same with just propecia some people might not get good gains but then they claim its not working because they are still losing. Nightline stressed that he built a regimen that thankfully worked for him. He doesnt claim that it was all due to prox, or all due to xandrox or propecia, but reather a combination of all of these together. With that being said, i think its fair to assume that prox isnt a scam, but just overpriced and probably not worth the monthly cost if you can't consistantly afford it.

viperfish

Reaction score
Bryan said:
viperfish said:

I'd be curious to know how you feel about your own lack of results, compared to those before-and-after pictures on his Web site.

Bryan, come on man! There are two pics on his site, last time I checked from the freaking 80's, big freaking deal man. Some people respond to minoxidil better than others, plan and simple. How long has Proctor been in this business? After all the years he has been around and proxiphen has been used, all he has to show is a couple of pictures? I never said that it does not work to some extent. Just not that great and certainly not worth the money. Dr. Proctor is ripping people off. Perhaps you should persuade Dr. Proctor into proving that his product actually works (through a controlled test and not by word of his mouth)? After all these years of ripping people off he should have some money to spend.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
viperfish said:
Bryan, come on man! There are two pics on his site, last time I checked from the freaking 80's, big freaking deal man.

HUH?? There's a total of ELEVEN (11) pictures of human subjects using his products on his site, including FOUR (4) which are brand-new! :smack:

viperfish said:
Some people respond to minoxidil better than others, plan and simple.

Oh, so you think it's just the minoxidil which is doing all that? :) You're aware, I hope, that there's only a small dab of minoxidil in prescription Proxiphen (I believe the current percentage is only 2%)? It would be pretty amazing if the incredible progress made by the guy in that main set of photos was due ONLY to a daily quantity of about 17 milligrams of minoxidil, wouldn't it?? :mrgreen:

BTW, what about the photos of the person using only NANO Shampoo?? That product doesn't even HAVE any minoxidil in it!

I think you've fallen prey to a mode of thinking which is rather common on hairloss sites: you assume that just because a certain product didn't work for YOU, it obviously is a scam, and doesn't work for ANYBODY.

pippo24

Reaction score
I think tempo/tempol are called spin labels. PBN is the spin trap in his concoctions and it is VERY expensive. Check out the prices from chemical suppliers of PBN. You'll be shocked.
thx for your info
btw is that the right stuff:?
http://store.nexternal.com/shared/Store ... =687553048

the price is not too bad...but i dont´know which concentration to use and if it is possible to mix some of the powder in spironolactone?
does anybody know?