Prolactin "minitherapy" with SMI-1 (novel protocol for lowering prolactin locally)

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why does it matter if it's "modern science" or not? If we know the follicles are not fully dead then it clearly can be reversed.

Modern science can do many things that natural cures cannot. Re-attaching severed limbs. Open body surgery without dying of infection. Etc.

Let's weigh the evidence for & against an unknown natural treatment (that is worth using):
One one side, the last 10,000 years of human civilization has not been able to find anything. And on the other side, with the benefit of modern research, there is . . . zip. Nothing been found. There still isn't even any evidence to suggest it might exist.

One could say "it's impossible to prove a negative" but IMO the case for the negative is pretty strong here.

I absolutely do believe mankind will invent a better treatment in the next few decades. But it's gonna require something that was not available to mankind until recently.

Last edited:

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Modern science can do many things that natural cures cannot. Re-attaching severed limbs. Open body surgery without dying of infection. Etc.

Let's weigh the evidence for & against an unknown natural treatment (that is worth using):
One one side, the last 10,000 years of human civilization has not been able to find anything. And on the other side, with the benefit of modern research, there is . . . zip. Nothing been found. There still isn't even any evidence to suggest it might exist.

One could say "it's impossible to prove a negative" but IMO the case for the negative is pretty strong here.

I absolutely do believe mankind will invent a better treatment in the next few decades. But it's gonna require something that was not available to mankind until recently.
I mean, the pathway and delivery could 100% be new, but the treatment doesn't have to be actually new.

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One question to you guys, if nicotine raises prolactin levels in the body is it possible that smoking makes things worse or it's only when prolactin is raised locally in follicle receptor that It has big impact?

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys. No specific reason. Basically just my autism that sometimes makes me delete old threads etc. Sounds ridiculous I know haha.

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, things are progressing with this project btw, but we are discussing it in a discord group

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"Suppression of Breast Cancer by Small Molecules That Block the Prolactin Receptor" Borcherding, Dana C.; Hugo, Eric R.; Fox, Sejal R.; Jacobson, Eric M.; Hunt, Brian G.; Merino, Edward J.; Ben-Jonathan, Nira. 2021. Cancers 13, no. 11: 2662.

New paper on the various SMI PRLR inhibitors. They have chosen SMI-6 as their lead candidate.

It was injected at up to 50mg/kg in mice. This equates to 240mg for a 60kg human, but this conversion is just a starting point for calculating human doses.

Breast cancer cell proliferation was stopped with an IC50 from .29uM to 1.33uM, while normal cells were only inhibited at higher concentrations.

View attachment 163325

They've also addressed concerns of side effects caused by PRLR inhibition:

Off target effects should be minimal. Importantly for us there was no inhibition of GHR

Effects on PRL+ breast tumor shown below with an infusion of 50 mM SMI-6.

View attachment 163324

The bad news is that SMI has PRLR-independent anti-proliferative effects and this could prevent it from being useful for hair growth promotion. Only time will tell.
Can you elaborate on the PRLR-independent anti-proliferative effect inhibiting hair growth? I am not sure I get your point.

Good news for the side effect profile. As they put it, it's in line with what people tanking their prolactins with gaber have been reporting/experiencing so I am not so surprised

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great stuff! Good to finally hear some scientists opine on the side effects question and good to hear it's being studied for breast cancer, should mean it's gonna get studied extensively.

What's GH? Growth hormone?

Numerous_Bet_3027

My Regimen
Reaction score
I went through stumptailed macaques studies and it seems that everything (finasteride, minoxidil, RU58841) that worked for them works for humans too and SMI-115 outperformed them all so I'm pretty optimistic.

I know it's probably not the right place to ask but I'm not sure what I should do now:

I'm currently at a Norwood 1.5 with a diffused NW7 pattern, I'm using finasteride since 22 with amazing results. I stupidly stopped finasteride for a year (after 7 years of use) because I assumed that I maybe inherited the genes from my mothers side with perfect hairlines up to 90 (which I did not). I can't really stop the hairloss anymore with finasteride and I'm slowly progressing now to the NW7 my father has.

I would like to add min and maybe also RU58841. Does anybody have a guesstimate if I would need to stay on min indefinitely if SMI-115 performs as good as it did in the macaque model? Because if SMI-115 actually performs that good it would probably solve my hairloss for the forseeable future or until even better treatments come out.

Gegen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I went through stumptailed macaques studies and it seems that everything (finasteride, minoxidil, RU58841) that worked for them works for humans too and SMI-115 outperformed them all so I'm pretty optimistic.

I know it's probably not the right place to ask but I'm not sure what I should do now:

I'm currently at a Norwood 1.5 with a diffused NW7 pattern, I'm using finasteride since 22 with amazing results. I stupidly stopped finasteride for a year (after 7 years of use) because I assumed that I maybe inherited the genes from my mothers side with perfect hairlines up to 90 (which I did not). I can't really stop the hairloss anymore with finasteride and I'm slowly progressing now to the NW7 my father has.

I would like to add min and maybe also RU58841. Does anybody have a guesstimate if I would need to stay on min indefinitely if SMI-115 performs as good as it did in the macaque model? Because if SMI-115 actually performs that good it would probably solve my hairloss for the forseeable future or until even better treatments come out.
If you stop min before you start HMI-115 you'll get shedding and a regrowth. There's no reason your minoxidil hair disappear if you take HMI some time after your shedding.
And if you stop minoxidil while taking HMI you'll maybe not even have a shedding as HMI could maintain minoxidil hair.

Numerous_Bet_3027

My Regimen
Reaction score
Me neither, I guess it will possible to join when they do the next group buy. Some users are already on it for 3-4 weeks and if it works as well as we hope, there will be plenty of opportunities to join the next group buy. It's not guaranteed that their group buy will produce the same results as BAY. But if it does it won't matter much whether you have it now or in 6 months.

Photon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sure there will be another group buy. Some are taking higher doses than anticipated, so we will run out soon.

camille leprevost

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello there , I am interested to try and buy this (prolactin inhibitor with you , is it not to late for the group buy ? Or can anybody tell where we can get this stuff , thanks in advance for your help best regards , if you have a special group for it , thanks in advance to share it !!!