Prolactin "minitherapy" with SMI-1 (novel protocol for lowering prolactin locally)

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Lot of talk about prolactin these days. But it is just so freaking promising. Prolactin might be responsible for keeping stem cells in a dormant state (credit to @pegasus2 and @ElToso for this find about dormancy). Which might be the reason why it is so hard to get regrowth even with a really potent WNT-agonist.

So let me introduce what I call "Prolactin Minitherapy". This is a novel way to potently inhibit prolactin locally in the hair follicle. This minitherapy protocol suggests using a really high concentrated topical with a prolactin antagonist. But use a low volume of it. In other words a strong solution of PRL inhibitor, on a small area. Treatment in the area continously for 3 months. To "wake up" the dormant stem cells, and then switch to another small area. Working through the whole scalp eventually.

By keeping the % high, but total volume low we minimize the risk for side effects if it goes systemic. The effects of BAY were lasting, so in theory it will be with this protocol as well. The high % of PRL inhibitor will absolutely flood the cells in the treated area with these antagonists, the intracellular level will be high. This concentration will be needed in order to compete with prolactin for the PL receptor. This is the same mechanism as CB uses, they leverage the sheer volume, and don't focus on pure binding affinity. Not that CB is an amazing treatment, but to be so weak in terms of binding affinity, it tells us this method work.

There is two small molecule antagonist of the prolactin receptor called SMI-1 and SMI-6. Minitherapy is an option with these.

PS! This is not medical advice. This is purely a hypotethical/theoretical discussions of treatment options.

What substance do you have in mind to act as the prolactin antagonist?

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The way I imagine it is that when I'm already having high prolactin in my body, who knows how high it could be in my hair follicles.

I'm now trying to see if Zix helps. I read that taking a high dose of vitamin B6 orally lowered prolactin levels by a lot. And Zix is basically B6+Zink and its really cheap too. I only started yesterday though. Btw feel free to send me the discord invite over PM :p

Zinc, B6 and Vit E all lower prolactin, you can also try chasteberry, which was great for lowing my prolactin and also keeping my libido in check because that sh*t was getting way too out of control.

Just be careful with B6, if your cellular cofactors are not there, which includes electrolytes also B1, B2, you can develop psoriasis from taking too much B6 because it accelerates cellular replication. What psoriasis is basically is skin cell replication on turbo but they're basically dead from the get go because there was no electrolyte and generative cofactors to keep the cells alive while they were being created.

Psoriasis in that case is basically like "zombie dandruff" the skin cells are basically dead before they live out their full life and continually replicate until the antagonizing factor (often excess B6) is balanced out with the necessary nutrients or the intake is lowered.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You won't like RIKEN's tweet the other day.

"Androgenetic alopecia is inherited from parents and is thought to have little acquired effect. The cleanliness of the scalp is not a big effect, and shampoo and scalp care are said, but there is no basis. The problem with oil buildup is seborrheic dermatitis, which is a disease."

Sebum has nothing to do with Androgenetic Alopecia.

I don't agree with that at all, that has 100% not been my experience.

The more oily my skin has gotten, especially my scalp the more difficult my hair has been to maintain. Even if sebum is just an indicator of some other hormonal activity happening in the body, I don't agree with that at all.

BRDM

My Regimen
Reaction score
Supposedly prolactin signals predominantly via the jak2 pathway. I wonder if a topical jak2 inhibitor, such as ruxolitinib, could be of any help here.

binuga

My Regimen
Reaction score
Eu fiz um pouco de pesquisa e parece que os medicamentos com são muito caros de fabricar.
so...
I've been researching more about monoclonal antibodies and I discovered that too ...
-Complicated to do
-A new technology with few specialized clinics
So I imagine that it shouldn't be a cheap treatment.

@pegasus2, have you managed to find a laboratory that makes monoclonal antibodies?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
@whatevr What do you think about all this?

Lol I am hardly following the newest developments tbh. I'm just tired of it all. Focusing on other health issues and dropped most treatments since it all does f***-all for me, or causes side effects.

I only swing by here once a week to check if there is anything interesting. I guess I will follow what happens with this group buy but I am not holding my breath until the actual Bayer thing comes out.

Norwood-null-by-2021

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Many of the features of the premenstrual syndrome are similar to the effects produced by the injection of prolactin. Some women with the premenstrual syndrome have elevated prolactin levels, but in most the prolactin concentrations are normal. It is possible that women with the syndrome are abnormally sensitive to normal amounts of prolactin. There is evidence that prostaglandin E1, derived from dietary essential fatty acids, is able to attenuate the biologic actions of prolactin and that in the absence of prostaglandin E1 prolactin has exaggerated effects.

The role of essential fatty acids and prostaglandins in the premenstrual syndrome

Norwood-null-by-2021

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think inhibiting prolactin (PRL) will work.
It will turn out to be a fairy tale. I'm absolutely sure with this!
There are many people who are being treated for high PRL levels. If that would work against Androgenetic Alopecia, you would have known about it long ago.
PRL will be a small trigger, much like DHT and PGD2. But the real cause can only be a circulatory disorder.

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think inhibiting prolactin (PRL) will work.
It will turn out to be a fairy tale. I'm absolutely sure with this!
There are many people who are being treated for high PRL levels. If that would work against Androgenetic Alopecia, you would have known about it long ago.
PRL will be a small trigger, much like DHT and PGD2. But the real cause can only be a circulatory disorder.
Circulatory disorder? You are joking right?

Also treating people for hyperprolactinemia won’t treat hair loss because this is extrapituitary prolactin. It does not seem to correlate with systemic prolactin. This is prolactin synthesized locally in the hair follicle we’re talking about. No human has ever inhibited prolactin locally other than the small group in the BAY trial.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score

Also treating people for hyperprolactinemia won’t treat hair loss because this is extrapituitary prolactin. It does not seem to correlate with systemic prolactin. This is prolactin synthesized locally in the hair follicle we’re talking about. No human has ever inhibited prolactin locally other than the small group in the BAY trial.
Let them wear their growbands and do headstands. Lol

We shouldn't rage and discuss about some useless sh*t, we all already know.

Norwood-null-by-2021

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

That may be anything. But why do things like minoxidil, scalp massages, botox injections or the scalp relaxer work? If PRL were the cause, these blood circulation-enhancing agents would have to make things worse rather than better. Because more blood flow means that more PRL comes to the hair follicles. Or, the PRL can be formed due to poor blood flow, but it can no longer be transported away. But even then, poor circulation is the cause, not PRL.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
That may be anything. But why do things like minoxidil, scalp massages, botox injections or the scalp relaxer work? If PRL were the cause, these blood circulation-enhancing agents would have to make things worse rather than better. Because more blood flow means that more PRL comes to the hair follicles. Or, the PRL can be formed due to poor blood flow, but it can no longer be transported away. But even then, poor circulation is the cause, not PRL.
I wouldn't say that kids/teens, who are physically active, but visibly have male pattern baldness, have poor blood circulation.

Nevermind, I won't continue to discuss.

If circulation would be the real cause then all the people on the hormonal threads wouldn't have success... but they do INDEED have!

Tom4362

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This angle was very effective in stump-tailed macaques (which also have male pattern baldness). But you should inform Hope Medicine/Bayer before they start Phase 2, since apparently they are clueless...

Last edited:

Norwood-null-by-2021

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If circulation would be the real cause then all the people on the hormonal threads wouldn't have success... but they do INDEED have!
No! The hormones promote the circulatory disorder. DHT promotes calcification and fibrosis. You can read about that in the Pubmed studies. Furthermore, men also have thicker skin and scalp, which further worsens blood circulation.

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
8D8CC03D-1289-42F9-9EE4-81948A2FB0B9.jpeg

Norwood-null-by-2021

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This angle was very effective in stump-tailed macaques (which also have male pattern baldness). But you should inform Hope Medicine/Bayer before they start Phase 2, since apparently they are clueless...
But humans are not monkeys. The stuff has never been tried on people before.
Strangely, when I cup my scalp, only the top of my head is rock hard and it takes a long time for the swelling to go away. On the other hand, everything is soft on the wreath and the swelling disappears immediately.
The Androgenetic Alopecia is limited to the galea tendon only. Tendons are made of thick connective tissue and are easily prone to calcification. That is why everything that reverses this fibrosis and calcification works against Androgenetic Alopecia, such as minoxidil or finasteride, massages or botox injections.

Studies have also confirmed that Androgenetic Alopecia is a circulatory disorder (triggered by rock-hard connective tissue):
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/2715645/

I am downright shocked by this ignorance. Most of the users here still seem to believe in Santa Claus.

Redgate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But humans are not monkeys. The stuff has never been tried on people before.
Strangely, when I cup my scalp, only the top of my head is rock hard and it takes a long time for the swelling to go away. On the other hand, everything is soft on the wreath and the swelling disappears immediately.
The Androgenetic Alopecia is limited to the galea tendon only. Tendons are made of thick connective tissue and are easily prone to calcification. That is why everything that reverses this fibrosis and calcification works against Androgenetic Alopecia, such as minoxidil or finasteride, massages or botox injections.

Studies have also confirmed that Androgenetic Alopecia is a circulatory disorder (triggered by rock-hard connective tissue):
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/2715645/

I am downright shocked by this ignorance. Most of the users here still seem to believe in Santa Claus.
You've made lengthy and comprehensive arguments that stem from completely false statements. The PRL receptor anti-body drug (HMI-115) has been tried in humans in phase 1 trials, this thread attempts to recreate the successful HMI-115 results with an easier to synthesize molecule (SMI-1) which may or may not work.
You oversimplify Androgenetic Alopecia and link it to 1 cause yet you don't really know what you're talking about. There are multiple pathways that are involved in Androgenetic Alopecia and all of them must be targeted.