Prolactin "minitherapy" with SMI-1 (novel protocol for lowering prolactin locally)

Caillou

My Regimen
Reaction score
Fair enough. All I can say is that I've been taking that stack for 6 months and didn't have any regrowth. I then took oral SMI and saw improvements, fast. So you're free to interpret that how you see fit.
Can you please tell me where to buy SMI?

Photon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you show your sides and back ? I have dupa and i take fina since 10 month but its not working.

Dutasteride work on you ?
I don't have before pictures of my sides and back in afraid. Anyway, I was on finasteride for around a year and didn't see any regrowth. I switched to dutasteride, which I think is better.

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Before I post my progress, I want to mention that I switched from finasteride to dutasteride, and from topical minoxidil to oral around 6 months ago. So any regrowth could be due to dutasteride and minoxidil, but personally I think it's SMI doing some of the work. Also, I have DUPA, most of the improvement I've seen has been on the top and back of my head, a little on the sides but there's a noticeable improvement imo.

Regimen:
Daily
Morning:
- Sulforaphane
- Vitamin D3
- Qualia (only weekdays)
- Pure Hyaluronic Acid
- Pure Apigenin
- Pure TMG
- Niacin
- Oral SMI 30mg
- Fisetin & Quercetin (only last week of the month)
- Oral minoxidil 2.5mg
- Krill Oil 1k mg

Night:
- Biotin
- ksm-66 Ashwagandha
- Oral SMI 30mg
- Oral minoxidil 2.5mg
- dutasteride 1mg
- Metformin 1kmg (3 times a week)

- Rapamycin 10 mg once a week
- Dermanator 2, 1.5mm every two weeks
- Keto shampoo, three times a week

View attachment 164863

View attachment 164864
That regrowth looks really good. Did you note any side effects, starting smi?

Chads don't bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Before I post my progress, I want to mention that I switched from finasteride to dutasteride, and from topical minoxidil to oral around 6 months ago. So any regrowth could be due to dutasteride and minoxidil, but personally I think it's SMI doing some of the work. Also, I have DUPA, most of the improvement I've seen has been on the top and back of my head, a little on the sides but there's a noticeable improvement imo.

Regimen:
Daily
Morning:
- Sulforaphane
- Vitamin D3
- Qualia (only weekdays)
- Pure Hyaluronic Acid
- Pure Apigenin
- Pure TMG
- Niacin
- Oral SMI 30mg
- Oral minoxidil 2.5mg
- Krill Oil 1k mg

Night:
- Biotin
- ksm-66 Ashwagandha
- Oral SMI 30mg
- Oral minoxidil 2.5mg
- dutasteride 1mg

View attachment 164863

View attachment 164864
You take metformin, rapamycin, and fisetin + querecetin for anti aging?

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Regimen:
Daily
Morning:
- Sulforaphane
- Vitamin D3
- Qualia (only weekdays)
- Pure Hyaluronic Acid
- Pure Apigenin
- Pure TMG
- Niacin
- Oral SMI 30mg
- Oral minoxidil 2.5mg
- Krill Oil 1k mg

Night:
- Biotin
- ksm-66 Ashwagandha
- Oral SMI 30mg
- Oral minoxidil 2.5mg
- dutasteride 1mg

View attachment 164863

View attachment 164864
How long have you been on SMI for?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

Chads don't bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why does everybody take NMN when it has to be converted to NR before it can be absorbed?
I don't think this has been proven. SLC12A8 is expressed in humans and it can transport NMN across the cell membrane. NMN is the direct precursor to NAD+ so it would be more efficient than NR

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think this has been proven. SLC12A8 is expressed in humans and it can transport NMN across the cell membrane. NMN is the direct precursor to NAD+ so it would be more efficient than NR

NAD and NMN must first undergo extracellular degradation to nicotinamide, nicotinic acid, or nicotinamide riboside in order to be taken up into cells (Felici et al., 2013; Ratajczak et al., 2016

This would make NR more efficient, and it's also cheaper.

Chris Masterjohn, Phd, on the Peter Attia podcast, agrees that oral NMN is a waste, and at best just gets turned into NR:

"I would bet money that oral NMN is not absorbed intact, and that’s because NMN has a charged phosphate group on it, and generally charged phosphates cannot cross cells, and so they are hydrolyzed. And even if it were true that there were transporters in the intestine that could take up NMN intact, it probably still would not be absorbed intact because the phosphatases in the small intestine cleave the phosphates off of everything that you are eat non-specifically, because generally phosphates can’t cross cells. So I doubt that the NMN gets in there intact, and if anything maybe it gets cleaved to NR, and the NR does. I believe the NR gets there intact because that’s what the Rabinowitz group’s paper showed."

Photon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why not just take NMN in that case?
NMN might be something I take in the future. I took NR for a few months and didn't notice any difference. I then read that it might be better to boost NAD with some of the stuff I'm taking if you're a bit younger.

My understanding is that once you reach 35, your NAD levels drop dramatically, so that's when NMN and NR are a better option. I'm not that far from 35, so I may consider it in the future. It's expensive af though. I buy from donotage website.

Chads don't bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This would make NR more efficient, and it's also cheaper.

Right I know that, but I was saying that it hasn't been proven NR is more effective as there are pathways for NMN to enter cells directly: https://www.nature.com/articles/s42255-018-0009-4#change-history

That being said, I don't really have a dog in this fight. I don't take either NR or NMN as I'm too young for it to do anything. If there are human clinical trials showing which one is more effective then I would be interested, otherwise it's just speculation. NR is cheaper and more stable so it's probably the safer choice to go with as of now.

Nsas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Regimen:
Daily
Morning:
- Sulforaphane
- Vitamin D3
- Qualia (only weekdays)
- Pure Hyaluronic Acid
- Pure Apigenin
- Pure TMG
- Niacin
- Oral SMI 60mg
- Oral minoxidil 2.5mg
- Krill Oil 1k mg

Night:
- Biotin
- ksm-66 Ashwagandha
- Oral SMI 60mg
- Oral minoxidil 2.5mg
- dutasteride 1mg

View attachment 164863

View attachment 164864
when you take oral SMI, do you take it by itself without mixing it with anything? also, how are you measuring it? i bought a scale off amazon, but it's completely useless.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Right I know that, but I was saying that it hasn't been proven NR is more effective as there are pathways for NMN to enter cells directly: https://www.nature.com/articles/s42255-018-0009-4#change-history
Ok, but the study I just posted contradicts that. "NMN must first undergo extracellular degradation to nicotinamide, nicotinic acid, or nicotinamide riboside in order to be taken up into cells". I don't understand how you say you know that and then you go on to say the opposite. Perhaps you missed that part. Maybe this is not accurate, but if it is then NMN is not nearly as good as NR so you'd be taking a big risk taking NMN whereas you know NR works. Further studies have to be conducted on humans to determine which of these studies is correct. What we can say for sure is that NR works, so I see no reason to risk taking NMN instead. Even in best case scenario it won't work much better since NR is very good at converting to NAD. As of now there are more studies showing that NR works in humans than NMN. This could change, and NMN could be slightly better. I assume NMM popularity comes from David Sinclair, but even he admits that NR might be better, they need more study to find out. For now I will stick with the more stable molecule.

Last edited: