Post Finasteride Syndrome Sufferer. Contemplating Suicide.

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Regardless, your blood testosterone is borderline low. That's a lead, right?

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hope whatever you do works out for you. Let us know how it goes.

MikeW

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I live in Canada and it's illegal to buy testosterone without a doctor's prescription.

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If your testosterone is bare minumum, why is it that doctors won't prescribe it to you? Are they requiring an additional blood test?

MikeW

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They say it's within low range. My T levels should be in the 700's I'm 27 years old.

f*****g doctors in Canada...

I have all the symptoms of hypogonadism.

MikeW

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you go on TRT you are on TRT for life, your body will shutdown natural testosterone production.

This drug ruined my life. Regret the day I ever took the first pill.

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's been 3 months since you've been off finasteride. So you don't know yet if the side effects will be permanent. Let that give you some hope. However, low testosterone is not a "persistent" side effect because testosterone is increased in finasteride users, it's DHT that decreases. Whether or not you can have a major inverse hormonal reaction I don't know. If it's true that you have to take testosterone forever once you start, then there's no harm in waiting even up to a year to see if your hormones stabilize.

There is a link between low testosterone and depression. I do not know if depression can induce low testosterone though. What I would suggest looking out for is to see if you can feel good/get an erection, even for a short period of time, and get your hormones checked again within this time period. TRT might be an even riskier commitment than finasteride, so make sure your levels are consistently low before you start. And, if you decide to, it's your life, so either keep looking in Canada (you will find someone eventually. You are a legal adult and a persistently low testosterone level is a valid reason to try increasing testosterone) or come to the US or anywhere else that will do it. You will find someone in Canada though, you just need to make your case to a good doctor.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I live in Canada and it's illegal to buy testosterone without a doctor's prescription.

Live in the United States. I am able to order.

Can't talk about the quality, I used it nine years ago.

Valiant

Established Member
Reaction score
MikeW,

Do you have full bloodwork done--not just total testosterone? I had all kinds of hormonal issues after quitting and when we addressed one hormone it would create others to become imbalanced.

You will need to check total test and free test, estrogen, prolactin and SHBG at the very least.

You may also want to get on some bodybuilding sites and search your area for a doctor who regularly treats bodybuilders. Those doctors really know hormonal imbalances better than endocrinologists.

If you are hypogonadal, you should first try to restart your HPTA instead of TRT. There are many different ways to do this. In bodybuilding speak, it's called "post-cycle therapy". One way to do this is with Clomid. The important thing is to increase your body's ability to produce testosterone without also raising your estrogen and your sex hormone binding globulin. You can have really high testosterone but if you are also dealing with high estrogen and high SHBG, you will still feel bad.

Also, keep in mind that your body turns over hormones over about a four week timeframe. So it takes a while to get all of this worked out.

Val

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Right TRT itself is not a good idea until you have further tests and exert every other option. There's nothing that's really forcing you to do anything in a certain timeframe except for your poor state. So wait and make the best decision possible. More extensive blood tests are a must though.

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"TRT has made no improvement" from the first page of this thread.

What did you mean by this, Mike?

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
ffs i cant be arsed to keep saying this. ill say it one more time

FOLLOW CDNUTS PROTOCOL

doctors are useless. blood tests are useless. trt is usless

your just wasting your time and money with all this bullshit

the guys who recovered from this mess all revolve around the same simple steps

cleansing your gut to get rid of the sh*t, eating healthily, supplementing test herbs and weightlifting to increase test

thats it. over time you will get better.

no bs medication from the doctor, no trt. none of this sh*t will fix this.

only a simple healthy lifestyle will. thats it

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I read different reports on which herbs to use.

i dont know precisely. thats what he needs to find out.

all i know is spending sh*t loads of money on doctors and trt and whatever the f*** has done noone any good. the only guys i see recovering from this bs are ones living a simple healthy lifestyle.

the guy only took it for a few weeks, he might not even need herbs. just clean eating and weightlifting for a while

g.i joey

Reaction score
you seriously dont know whats going on? your test is fkn rock bottom, no kidding you have brain fog and boner issues. Get to a gym and work out your legs 3x a week, give it a month and i guarantee youll see an increase in test which will definitely result in dissipation of some of your side effects. Working out legs is the best way to increase your natural test.

jimmyjonas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Greetings everyone, and OP.
I wanted to briefly interject here and offer some words towards your situation, of which I myself am also going through, just not as severe.

I took Propecia, .25mg EOD for a year, had regrowth, but side effects.
I have now been off for 2 weeks, ED and Libido are still lacking, but improving.

@MikeW - As a psychologist, let's walk through your thought process and the way the drug interacts with the body.
First, you take the drug, it suppresses DHT, your body kicks in an equilibrium process to balance the drug. This is the same process used for various different drugs, foods, drinks, etc. Just on a larger scale, and effecting a more vital hormone.

After stopping, your body has gone through a process to achieve a balance, and then is abruptly stopped after the cessation of the drug.

So now, your left with bridges in responses, changes in sensitivity, etc.

What is interesting, in the grand scheme of things, is that you PFS "Crash," is rather a defense mechanism your body has created to preserve life. So, those who crash happen to have, in my opinion, a greater endocrine response to foreign entities.

Unfortunately, that's not desirable in some cases, as you and I have found.

Moving on from this, the changes your system makes will not only affect your hormones.

I'm sure you hate hearing this, but if you listen knowing I'm in the same boat, I would hope you would take it with an open mind - Depression, Anxiety, and Fatigue are all physical responses, as well as psychological. It is not far-fetched to imply that your symptoms were kick-started by the drug, which is a completely reasonable response. It's very much like Alcohol induced depression, or Opiate induced anxiety which people can develop after usage, and may persist for some time.

There was a poster earlier in the forums that made a similar point to mine, just rather harshly, and that is the way to address the symptoms are to
1.Diet
2. Work Out
3. Psychological Counseling.

Before you knock me on the 3rd point, please note that I am not calling you weak, I'm not saying your symptoms are blown out of proportion. I am simply stating facts, and remedies.

The hormone "crash," can effect your dopamine and serotonin levels just as much as Testosterone and DHT, and many would argue that they are equally as important.

Right now, with your dopamine and serotonin most likely thrown for a loop, you are viewing the world and circumstances through blue glasses - that is in a negative light. This can develop psychosomatic symptoms, or worsen existing conditions.

Bottom line, your mental state plays just as an important role as your physical - and In my line of work, I would actually put my foot down and say more.

Endocrine and hormonal systems do restart, and you will feel better again once you address these concerns.
Excellent post

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Greetings everyone, and OP.
I wanted to briefly interject here and offer some words towards your situation, of which I myself am also going through, just not as severe.

I took Propecia, .25mg EOD for a year, had regrowth, but side effects.
I have now been off for 2 weeks, ED and Libido are still lacking, but improving.

@MikeW - As a psychologist, let's walk through your thought process and the way the drug interacts with the body.
First, you take the drug, it suppresses DHT, your body kicks in an equilibrium process to balance the drug. This is the same process used for various different drugs, foods, drinks, etc. Just on a larger scale, and effecting a more vital hormone.

After stopping, your body has gone through a process to achieve a balance, and then is abruptly stopped after the cessation of the drug.

So now, your left with bridges in responses, changes in sensitivity, etc.

What is interesting, in the grand scheme of things, is that you PFS "Crash," is rather a defense mechanism your body has created to preserve life. So, those who crash happen to have, in my opinion, a greater endocrine response to foreign entities.

Unfortunately, that's not desirable in some cases, as you and I have found.

Moving on from this, the changes your system makes will not only affect your hormones.

I'm sure you hate hearing this, but if you listen knowing I'm in the same boat, I would hope you would take it with an open mind - Depression, Anxiety, and Fatigue are all physical responses, as well as psychological. It is not far-fetched to imply that your symptoms were kick-started by the drug, which is a completely reasonable response. It's very much like Alcohol induced depression, or Opiate induced anxiety which people can develop after usage, and may persist for some time.

There was a poster earlier in the forums that made a similar point to mine, just rather harshly, and that is the way to address the symptoms are to
1.Diet
2. Work Out
3. Psychological Counseling.

Before you knock me on the 3rd point, please note that I am not calling you weak, I'm not saying your symptoms are blown out of proportion. I am simply stating facts, and remedies.

The hormone "crash," can effect your dopamine and serotonin levels just as much as Testosterone and DHT, and many would argue that they are equally as important.

Right now, with your dopamine and serotonin most likely thrown for a loop, you are viewing the world and circumstances through blue glasses - that is in a negative light. This can develop psychosomatic symptoms, or worsen existing conditions.

Bottom line, your mental state plays just as an important role as your physical - and In my line of work, I would actually put my foot down and say more.

Endocrine and hormonal systems do restart, and you will feel better again once you address these concerns.

lol to harsh reply. mate i have told this guy countless of times what to do but he refuses to listen and keeps posting for help.

i no hes confused and doesnt know what to do, i was the same for a long time. to him i am just a random poster who has a possible theory on what to do. i get that, but eventually he has to realise this is the only way to help him. maybe he just needs to get to that place himself.

oh and i 100% agree with you about the 3rd point. i should have mentioned this. that sh*t is REALLY f*****g IMPORTANT. you have to be in the right mind set to get better and be positive about it.

but like i said, hes confused and angry right now, like we all were. hes doesnt know what the f*** is going on. hes needs to get that sh*t out of his system, accept whats happened to him, and then fix it when hes ready to do it.

BUT MIKE THIS IS THE WAY MATE. whenever your ready to fix it, this is the way.

and to anyone else with pfs or sides, this is the way to get better. dont waste your time on doctors and medications and all that sh*t. just follow a healthy liftstyle for a while.

ahmed wolf

Experienced Member
Reaction score
lol to harsh reply. mate i have told this guy countless of times what to do but he refuses to listen and keeps posting for help.

i no hes confused and doesnt know what to do, i was the same for a long time. to him i am just a random poster who has a possible theory on what to do. i get that, but eventually he has to realise this is the only way to help him. maybe he just needs to get to that place himself.

oh and i 100% agree with you about the 3rd point. i should have mentioned this. that sh*t is REALLY f*****g IMPORTANT. you have to be in the right mind set to get better and be positive about it.

but like i said, hes confused and angry right now, like we all were. hes doesnt know what the f*** is going on. hes needs to get that sh*t out of his system, accept whats happened to him, and then fix it when hes ready to do it.

BUT MIKE THIS IS THE WAY MATE. whenever your ready to fix it, this is the way.

and to anyone else with pfs or sides, this is the way to get better. dont waste your time on doctors and medications and all that sh*t. just follow a healthy liftstyle for a while.
good to hear u recoverd.
i took finasteride for 3 days and got sides sexual sides so i did all kinds of blood test all like my basline except estrogen was a bit higher at 40 I usually at 30-35 i live a healthy life style i work out since i was 16 years old never drinked or smoked in my whole life i am 25 now with 10% bf
my doctor told me that it was psychologic cuz I know about the sides before taking the pill and the next day after taking it i was i got sides lol
now i am 90% recoverd but i want to get an expert opinion from did had pfs ot it was all in my mind ?