Post Finasteride Syndrome Sufferer. Contemplating Suicide.

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's so fucked.

Sunchyme I'd be interested to hear what your experience is

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn't imply that other people weren't experiencing persistent side effects, just that this idiot makes everyone else look just as crazy.

Do you think your side effects could be attributed to finasteride-induced depression (brain fog, low libido) Or would you speculate that something hormonal is off, like gyno or penis shrinkage or other tissue differences. Did you already describe your sides in this thread? I want to understand this more.

i think ive posted my experience in here somewhere

i am prone to depression yes but finasteride made me ILL. ive have bouts of depression before, but this was DIFFERENT 100%. the drug eventually made me feel ill. like i wanted to throw up. clearly my hormones were fucked up, some kind of estrogen dominance. its a horrible feeling.

two weeks after i stopped the drug, the dht flooded back into my system for a few days and i felt incredible again. everything went back to normal. it was like a huge fog had been lifted. i could feel the f*****g dht run through my body, like i had been brought back to life...as corny as that f*****g sounds. depression instantly gone, brain fog instantly gone, libido instantly came back, huge boners every day, my personality came back. IT WAS INSTANT, LIKE A TAP HAD BEEN TURNED ON. then i crashed and felt worse and now trying to get it back again

this all happened to me before i read anything about 'crashes' and other peoples experiences with the drug. i had no idea what the f*** what going on. NO IDEA. but this two week thing where your dht comes back and then you crash is such a common occurrence with pfs guys its simply not a coincidence what happened to me. so it wasnt me just being 'depressed', the drug altered something in me. it made me ill

but if guys dont get sides then good for them. i honestly dont know how they dont get at least SOME sides. maybe not as bad as mine, but i cant believe it doesnt affect them somehow. people think everyone on propeciahelp is crazy, but there not. i thought they were before i started finasteride. all these crazy sides they were getting, but its true. and some you dont even notice really. like changes in your personality. that sh*t happened so slowly you dont realise it. you lose yourself, your emotions, no enjoyment anymore. its scary man.

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So in brief, what are your current side effects? Have you had a hormone check? Are you impotent or anything like that?

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
So in brief, what are your current side effects? Have you had a hormone check? Are you impotent or anything like that?

ive been off finasteride for a couple years and am SLOWLY getting better. my body is slowly readjusting. it comes in waves. somes days ill wake with huge f*****g boners and feel normal. other days ill crash and feel god damn AWFUL and my dick feel soft as sh*t. but no i am not impotent lol. i just need to get my *** in gear and live very healthy for the next 6months/year and i should be fine. i should have done this last year tbh but i had other sh*t going on and you need to be seriously discplined to follow a protocol like cdnuts. kicking the booze for a year isnt gonna be easy

ive had my hormones check a few times and theyve always come back 'normal'. whatever the f*** that means. ive been told ive got great testosterone levels. so much so they wont do any more tests with me because to them im wasting their time and money. but like i said, blood tests are irrelevant with pfs guys. guys can have perfect numbers and still be fucked up. this is why there are thosuands of guys stuck not knowing what to do next. theyve been told by doctors there fine but there not. useless f*****g c****. its a joke.

this is why i tell guys to just follow cd protocol for at least 6 months and see how u feel. f*** the doctors and medication. just live healthy for a while. there are too many people who are doing it and getting better for it to be a coincidence

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It... doesn't even sound like you have PFS. You're not impotent, and you say some days you feel absolutely fine with a normal sexual function, which is additionally supported by your normal hormone levels. Testing hormone levels is not useless. You realize that a penis is supposed to be soft most of the time, right?

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
PFS is like permanently lowered libido, erectile dysfunction, gynecomastia, you're describing occassional changes in your mood and physical function. Why are you convinced it's due to finasteride

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
It... doesn't even sound like you have PFS. You're not impotent, and you say some days you feel absolutely fine with a normal sexual function, which is additionally supported by your normal hormone levels. Testing hormone levels is not useless. You realize that a penis is supposed to be soft most of the time, right?

lol ok i dont have pfs.

if i didnt have pfs why the f*** would i get off the drug, it worked wonders for my hair. i was pretty much a fullhead again

yes some days im fine, but most im not. some days my dick is hard as f***, some is soft as sh*t. my body is obviuosly getting better with time. its trying to balance itself out again

different guys have diff symptoms. the drug does ALL kinds of different things to you that we dont fully understand

testing hormones is bs. who the f*** has recovered with the use of hormone tests? there useless. this is pretty much acknowledged by all pfs guys, especially the ones who really understand the science of it all

PFS is like permanently lowered libido, erectile dysfunction, gynecomastia, you're describing occassional changes in your mood and physical function. Why are you convinced it's due to finasteride

look man i cant be arsed to argue with u whether i have pfs or not. if you not got it you cant understand.

why am i convniced it the finasteride?? did i mention the huge f*****g dht surge i got 2 weeks after quitting and how ALL my f*****g symptoms went away instantly. Followed by a massive crash where i felt like i was dying and have all that sh*t come back again. this is common with all pfs guys. was this some huge coincidence? please

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Even when I asked you what your current side effects are, you didn't answer except to say that your dick is occassionally soft, and that your hormone levels are normal. What am I supposed to say in response? "Yeah man, a soft dick even though you can get an erection whenever and your hormones are normal is totally indicative of PFS, you got hit by that sh*t hard, sorry." Getting a dht surge after quitting is universal and how the medicine works.

"If I didn't have pfs I wouldn't have gotten off the drug": That's not POST-finasteride syndrome, those are called finasteride side effects. They're normal, you're basically expected to get them, hence why people don't like taking the drug. Getting side effects is NOT the same as having PFS which is basically what you just claimed.

A DHT surge is going to be so helpful to your mood, libido, anything, that even if you had depression (possibly a result of finasteride) the dht in your system will absolve all of that for those few weeks getting off the drug. Just because you "crash" afterwards and resume to your shitty, imperfect physiology does not mean that the finasteride fucked you, it means that the DHT high has worn off.

I would take you seriously if you actually described persistent symptoms like gyno or erectile dysfunction but the most you came up with was normal hormones and a normal sexual function. What am I supposed to say to that?

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Even when I asked you what your current side effects are, you didn't answer except to say that your dick is occassionally soft, and that your hormone levels are normal. What am I supposed to say in response? "Yeah man, a soft dick even though you can get an erection whenever and your hormones are normal is totally indicative of PFS, you got hit by that sh*t hard, sorry." Getting a dht surge after quitting is universal and how the medicine works.

"If I didn't have pfs I wouldn't have gotten off the drug": That's not POST-finasteride syndrome, those are called finasteride side effects. They're normal, you're basically expected to get them, hence why people don't like taking the drug. Getting side effects is NOT the same as having PFS which is basically what you just claimed.

A DHT surge is going to be so helpful to your mood, libido, anything, that even if you had depression (possibly a result of finasteride) the dht in your system will absolve all of that for those few weeks getting off the drug. Just because you "crash" afterwards and resume to your shitty, imperfect physiology does not mean that the finasteride fucked you, it means that the DHT high has worn off.

I would take you seriously if you actually described persistent symptoms like gyno or erectile dysfunction but the most you came up with was normal hormones and a normal sexual function. What am I supposed to say to that?

ive already explained my sides in this thread ffs. i dont have gyno, but i do have puffy nipples. and im slim as f***. i def dont have normal sexual function.

my libido is up and down. when did i say i can get an erection whenever? some days are easier than others, some days its soft and some hard. some mornings i have huge boners, sometimes i dont. sometimes INTENSE AWFUL BALL ACHE, crippling. sometimes there fine. my body is readjusting

i said my testosterone was normal. i have no idea what my other hormone levels are. the doctor refuse to test me. i cant keep repeating this hormone sh*t. this is common with all pfs guys. they all get the hormones check and plenty come back with perfect ranges for everything. but they are still fucked up? 1000s of them. how do explain that? are they all f*****g nuts? is everyone on ph and solvepfs whack jobs?

go and speak to the guys on swolesource about this hormone testing stuff and see what they say. they are far more knowledgeable than me. some of those guys were FUCKED UP and had perfect ranges for everything. go and speak to them. tell them they didnt have pfs.

getting a surge of dht is normal yes, but crashing and going back to those side effects isnt. THAT IS WHAT PFS IS. those sides never left me....mainly the brain fog and personality issues. issues i didnt have before i took finasteride. VERY SPECIFIC ISSUES that only pfs guys get.

its isnt just about gyno and ed ffs. it changes your personality. this is what i cannot explain to u. i dont know the science of all this but i do know how i feel. ive had chats with these guys and we had such similar specific symptoms that im in no doubt i have pfs. unless you experience you simply cannot understand.

i am not the same guy i was before i took this sh*t.

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, now you have described other symptoms. Usually breast tissue itself remains, while the puffiness subsides. Being slim doesn't mean you can't have puffy nipples, but I can't say for sure what's caused it or when/if it will resolve. The same goes for ball ache.

my libido is up and down. when did i say i can get an erection whenever? some days are easier than others, some days its soft and some hard. some mornings i have huge boners, sometimes i dont.

Same here, and I've never taken finasteride. You're not supposed to get erections every morning, nor are you supposed to have a constantly high libido. It's variable and it's completely normal. Of course your penis is going to be soft and hard sometimes, are you expecting it to be hard all the time??

i said my testosterone was normal. i have no idea what my other hormone levels are. the doctor refuse to test me. i cant keep repeating this hormone sh*t. this is common with all pfs guys. they all get the hormones check and plenty come back with perfect ranges for everything. but they are still fucked up? 1000s of them. how do explain that? are they all f*****g nuts? is everyone on ph and solvepfs whack jobs?
They're only whack jobs if they insist that their side effects are due to something like low testerone, get their testosterone checked, and then dismiss the validity of blood tests. I'm not saying this is your case though, but the only thing insane about these people is that they claim to know exactly what is causing their side effects. In your situation: why do you discount blood tests as a valid hormone evaluation when you say you haven't even checked other hormones like estrogen or dht. It's not the blood test's fault that you didn't get your other hormone's checked. Of course it's going to be useless when you're not even looking at the full hormonal profile. There will be a place that you can have your other hormones checked, so do so.

getting a surge of dht is normal yes, but crashing and going back to those side effects isnt. THAT IS WHAT PFS IS. those sides never left me....mainly the brain fog and personality issues. issues i didnt have before i took finasteride. VERY SPECIFIC ISSUES that only pfs guys get.

its isnt just about gyno and ed ffs. it changes your personality. this is what i cannot explain to u. i dont know the science of all this but i do know how i feel. ive had chats with these guys and we had such similar specific symptoms that im in no doubt i have pfs. unless you experience you simply cannot understand.

i am not the same guy i was before i took this sh*t.

Have you ever experienced depression before taking finasteride? I feel extreme personality changes, like a different person, when I am depressed. If you didn't feel this way before you might not know what to attribute it to. A catalyst for depression (something like death, or finasteride) will only last a short while, but the depression following it sometimes lasts much longer. Brain fog and personality changes sounds like depression, hence why people compare the two all the time.

My bias before was that PFS was real and I disliked the notion of people dismissing other people's side effects. And it is true that puffy nipples, ball ache, and depression are all symptoms you can experience on finasteride. It's when you describe a totally normal sexual function and libido and call it fucked up or different that you lose me.

If you want to narrow down what is causing this, you need to know what your hormones are like. Not just testosterone. Good luck

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, now you have described other symptoms. Usually breast tissue itself remains, while the puffiness subsides. Being slim doesn't mean you can't have puffy nipples, but I can't say for sure what's caused it or when/if it will resolve. The same goes for ball ache.

yes i forgot to put this in there. but as much as these puffy nipples are bothering me, there are the least of my problems. ive always been very slim with a normal flat chest, no gyno or puffy nipples whatsoever. i never had gyno before or on finasteride. i honeslty dont even remember having puffy nipples on finasteride, its something ive only noticed fairly recently. maybe i simpy didnt notice it.

look man when i talk about ball ache, i mean f*****g INTENSE HORRIBLE TENDER BALL ACHE. it is not normal

Same here, and I've never taken finasteride. You're not supposed to get erections every morning, nor are you supposed to have a constantly high libido. It's variable and it's completely normal. Of course your penis is going to be soft and hard sometimes, are you expecting it to be hard all the time??

when i feel normal overall, my dick feels normal overall, a typical normal erection. when i feel awful, and my erections are soft, they feel WEIRD AS f***. like i said above about the ball ache. it is not normal

of course i dont expect to be walking around with a hard on 24/7. i am talking about when i do get hard ons, they are weird as sh*t sometimes. not a pleasant feeling

They're only whack jobs if they insist that their side effects are due to something like low testerone, get their testosterone checked, and then dismiss the validity of blood tests. I'm not saying this is your case though, but the only thing insane about these people is that they claim to know exactly what is causing their side effects. In your situation: why do you discount blood tests as a valid hormone evaluation when you say you haven't even checked other hormones like estrogen or dht. It's not the blood test's fault that you didn't get your other hormone's checked. Of course it's going to be useless when you're not even looking at the full hormonal profile. There will be a place that you can have your other hormones checked, so do so.

i discount hormones tests because of what ive read over the past year or so with pfs guys. its the same thing over and over. all these guys are getting all these tests done, some with perfect ranges, some with adnormal ranges for different things. the guys with normal ranges are still fucked up. the guys with adnormal ranges try different things to fix them but still dont get anywhere. doctors are telliing them they are fine but they are not.

This is what happened to me. before i researched any of this, i had a couple blood tests myself. the last one was a year ago. but at the time i didnt know what i was doing, i just said i felt bad after taking finasteride for a while and they ordered whatver tests they did. basic tests. each time they said my testosterone was great. like i said i had no idea what was going on back then.

they told me my horomes were fine so i accepted that. BUT i wasnt fine. only after researching pfs on the net and reading peoples stories the same thing happened to them. i went back to the doctor a few months ago to get a full hormone test, but they refused lol. and in the uk, its costs a f*****g fortune to test privately, particularly for dht. i was prepared to do this, but after reading more, especially over on swolesource, i dont see the point. they all say the same thing. the tests are useless. and those guys really understand what is going on.

i know you what to learn more about this, so do i. go over there and speak to those guys. they are very smart. i will contact cdnuts again and ask him about the blood tests but i suspect i already know what he will say.

Have you ever experienced depression before taking finasteride? I feel extreme personality changes, like a different person, when I am depressed. If you didn't feel this way before you might not know what to attribute it to. A catalyst for depression (something like death, or finasteride) will only last a short while, but the depression following it sometimes lasts much longer. Brain fog and personality changes sounds like depression, hence why people compare the two all the time.

My bias before was that PFS was real and I disliked the notion of people dismissing other people's side effects. And it is true that puffy nipples, ball ache, and depression are all symptoms you can experience on finasteride. It's when you describe a totally normal sexual function and libido and call it fucked up or different that you lose me.

If you want to narrow down what is causing this, you need to know what your hormones are like. Not just testosterone. Good luck

yes i have bouts of depression before and am generally prone to it. BUT THIS IS DIFFERENT. i wasnt just 'depressed', i was ill. it felt like i was being poisoned. i really wish i could put it better into words for you to understand but i cant. you can only understand if you experience it yourself. these personality changes were DIFFERENT. and very typical of what other pfs were getting.

i dont have a normal sexual function, i already said that. but it is getting better. most of my sides on finasteride werent sexual anyway. the ball ache only happened once i stopped taking it.

look man i wish i could argue with you better and not say things like 'fucked up', but i dont have the scientific knowledge and honestly the intelligence to do so. all i can tell you is how i feel. and how UNQUESTIONABLY SIMILAR it is to those other pfs guys. there is no doubt.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
what i am experiencing i believe is some kind of estrogen dominance.

it explains all my symptoms. and all the other guys with pfs too.

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You know what would tell you if you had estrogen dominance? A blood test, lol. Maybe it's expensive but unless you seek this information about your body, you're not taking it seriously.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
You know what would tell you if you had estrogen dominance? A blood test, lol. Maybe it's expensive but unless you seek this information about your body, you're not taking it seriously.

lol did u not just read what i f*****g wrote? there useless. all the guys over on solvepfs are getting all kinds of tests and trying all kinds of things to get better but they are not. there getting no where. the only guys who are, are on swolesource. and they all agree blood tests are irrelevant.they all have different blood test results but they all getting better by following the same protocol.

but i will double check this. but it is obvious i have some kind of estrogen dominance

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
As if the loss of libido and erections weren't enough, now I'm suffering from brain fog and memory problems. This is just great. The only side I haven't got yet is gyno.

are u trolling me lol

if your serious, your f*****g nuts to stay on the drug mate

what the f*** are you gonna do when u start to feel so bad, that eventually u get off it and still feel the same? i believe pfs is reversible but its hard f*****g work and can take a long time.

i hope you dont pfs mate. its f*****g awful. your being poisoned

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Based on the fact the CDnuts protocol is the only known cure for PFS, I suspect it's an issue of neurology and the digestive tract.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
can you explain that a bit more please david

If PFS were about serum hormone levels it would easily be cured with TRT.

It's clear from propecia help that people have tried many strategies. They all fail.

Only the CDnuts protocol works. It starts with an overhaul of the digestive system, and THEN subsequently targets hormones.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
If PFS were about serum hormone levels it would easily be cured with TRT.

It's clear from propecia help that people have tried many strategies. They all fail.

Only the CDnuts protocol works. It starts with an overhaul of the digestive system, and THEN subsequently targets hormones.

so are blood tests a waste of time? id have to spend a few hundred pounds to get some. is it worth it?

so from what youve read about all this, do u understand pfs and what is happening and what needs to be done to cure it? does cdnuts protocol make sense? do u work in science?