Post Finasteride Syndrome Sufferer. Contemplating Suicide.

MikeW

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
low libido and ed but it can be only in my head cuz when i am taking the pill i keep remembering the sides i took ir for three days as of my hormones all perfect my doctor told me that worrying to much can cuze ed and he is right when I stop thinking about this i get eractins with out seeing a thing as of libido what is a libido for a Virgin single dude? is it masterbutin lol i sopped that cuz ibam afride it will f*** me up

Is your semen Watery?

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is to anyone who says side effects are rare and stop once you stop taking the medication.

My sides have not gone away, I am experiencing debilitating brain fog, confusion, memory loss, slurring of words, extreme panic and anxiety 24/7 and total erectile function.

Been to 2 different Endocrinologists and they can't figure out what is wrong.

TRT has made no improvement. Have tried Clomid with no improvement.

This drug has destroyed my brain and my cognitive function.

Thousands of other men are suffering the same thing. And many have taken their lives because the symptoms are debilitating.

I am on the verge of losing my job because of this.

Consider this a fair warning to all of you.

This drug can destroy your life if you end up crashing.

I'd do anything to be bald and have my cognitive function back.

You are playing Russian Roulette with your life taking this toxic poison.

You might be right.

It could be that it stays longer in the body than we thought (years possibly), before it goes away.

Have you tried androgen therapy (which might not even work).

Best of luck to you.

Zoro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Screw all of you guys. I am seriously fucked up from this drug. It is causing suicidal ideation. For no f*****g reason. No support from all you finasteride swallowing sheep. You are all poisoning your body and you will find out in the long run.

Man, we're just having a little fun. No one wants you to feel like sh*t, no one on here wants you to kill yourself and I hope you feel better.

That being said, telling everyone they're going to get side effects is not only false, it doesn't help you at all. Some people do get side effects which are temporary most of the time. We get it, it's 2016 and there should be better treatments for hair loss than f*****g medication used to treat prostate cancer, but right now it's the most effective thing we got and the overwhelming majority of people feel fine while taking it. You best believe if there was something more effective than finasteride out, we'd be taking it.

MikeW

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Man, we're just having a little fun. No one wants you to feel like sh*t, no one on here wants you to kill yourself and I hope you feel better.

That being said, telling everyone they're going to get side effects is not only false, it doesn't help you at all. Some people do get side effects which are temporary most of the time. We get it, it's 2016 and there should be better treatments for hair loss than f*****g medication used to treat prostate cancer, but right now it's the most effective thing we got and the overwhelming majority of people feel fine while taking it. You best believe if there was something more effective than finasteride out, we'd be taking it.

ru58841, a hair piece, fue megasessions. Topical treatments, Rogaine.

The damage Finasteride can do is not worth the risk.

I am telling you men have been having severe problems after using the drug for over 15 years with no problem at all before that. Than suddenly they just crash. I am not making this sh*t up.

Zoro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ru58841, a hair piece, fue megasessions. Topical treatments, Rogaine.

The damage Finasteride can do is not worth the risk.

I am telling you men have been having severe problems after using the drug for over 15 years with no problem at all before that. Than suddenly they just crash. I am not making this sh*t up.

RU58841 by itself doesn't halt my hair loss, and there's even less research behind RU than there is finasteride, Rogaine doesn't treat the root cause of hairloss and will only help a small lucky percentage of people by itself. FUE is nice and all but what about the existing hair you have? I'd hate to transplant hair and then lose the hair behind it. hell, one of the first things most hair transplant surgeons ask you is if you're using finasteride.

I'm curious as to why people experience side effects after such a long time and not sooner? The effects of finasteride in your body are much quicker than that. To me, this sounds like a case of getting 15 years older and having ED from other reasons, although I could see finasteride making existing ED even worse if you're already predisposed to it.

Last edited:

MikeW

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
RU58841 by itself doesn't halt my hair loss, and there's even less research behind RU than there is finasteride, Rogaine doesn't treat the root cause of hairloss and will only help a small lucky percentage of people by itself. FUE is nice and all but what about the existing hair you have? I'd hate to transplant hair and then lose the hair behind it.

I'm curious as to why people experience side effects after such a long time and not sooner? The effects of finasteride in your body are much quicker than that. To me, this sounds like a case of getting 15 years older and having ED from other reasons, although I could see finasteride making existing ED even worse if you're already predisposed to it.

Talk to a surgeon to figure out your final balding pattern. Wait until you've balded enough to get the fue would be my advice.

Try topical Finasteride. Inhibiting DHT systemically can be disastrous in my case.

I am on a 24 hour hormonal Rollercoaster. This drug can cause suicidal ideation for no reason. Just this urge to kill yourself.

Disrupting the body's natural hormonal balance can come at a huge cost.

Mood swings, depression, anxiety, panic attacks, impotence, erectile dysfunction.

And the symptoms can linger even after stopping the drug.

Some men (like me) have endocrine systems that are just set to get broken.

jimmyjonas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
low libido and ed but it can be only in my head cuz when i am taking the pill i keep remembering the sides i took ir for three days as of my hormones all perfect my doctor told me that worrying to much can cuze ed and he is right when I stop thinking about this i get eractins with out seeing a thing as of libido what is a libido for a Virgin single dude? is it masterbutin lol i sopped that cuz ibam afride it will f*** me up
You should be fine dude give yourself two months limit your fap to say once a week and the key is stay away from the forums you'll only drive yourself crazy and make yourself sick, check back in after a couple of months. Good luck

ahmed wolf

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You should be fine dude give yourself two months limit your fap to say once a week and the key is stay away from the forums you'll only drive yourself crazy and make yourself sick, check back in after a couple of months. Good luck
thats what i am doing now it's two weeks with out a fap

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The fact that we have castrated members or members who are on a full MtF transition regime to keep their hair should show you how important hair is for some of us.

There is no point taking to them about the possible risks of finasteride. Hell I actually would be tempted to trade my sexuality for nw1 until I'm 80. I don't need sex at all, I like beautiful girls craving me though.

What is actually depressing is the state of research we have about pfs.

One theory is that over prolonged time estradiol rises, which will finally castrate you chemically. Many long time finasteride users report that as little as 0.05 mg finasteride per day is sufficient to halt their hair. Probably because they eliminated their androgen production over time. The body will keep your dick alive using upregulation until it can't keep up.

An other theory is that quitting cold turkey from finasteride might have some neurosteroids skyrocketing which will fry the firing receptors for good, leaving you in the described state.

Problem is, nobody is tracking his progress and his sides with photographic evidence and regular hormone level checks over long periods of time. People show up here, rant a bit and quit the forum once they are maintaining or bald or pfss.

That is why we have no evidence on anything. Just read all the rambling threads on the topic. Many users have sides, very few severe sides and a fraction of those end up like you. I wholeheartedly believe your story, but there are just too many lunatics around. Therefore your anecdote is not taken seriously.

MikeW

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The fact that you would trade your sexuality for hair indicates a serious mental illness. As well as people castrating themselves.

So you have hair, but are impotent, unable to have sex, being alone for the rest of your life. Unable to start a family.

Most of the people on this forum have SEVERE body dysmorphic disorder.

Finasteride will also not work indefinitely. At best it will slow down your hair loss. Genetics will eventually win.

Taking a cancer drug for a cosmetic issue that can destroy the entire balance in your body.

MikeW

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm poisoning my body with alcohol, too. Whatever will help me die before I get 40 is welcome. :D

My point exactly. You have untreated depression. You need intense therapy. Hair is not the issue with you.

MikeW

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No you moron. I have post finasteride syndrome from using this f*****g drug. And I'm posting in the dealing with side effects portion of this forum.

Zoro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The fact that you would trade your sexuality for hair indicates a serious mental illness. As well as people castrating themselves.

So you have hair, but are impotent, unable to have sex, being alone for the rest of your life. Unable to start a family.

Most of the people on this forum have SEVERE body dysmorphic disorder.

Finasteride will also not work indefinitely. At best it will slow down your hair loss. Genetics will eventually win.

Taking a cancer drug for a cosmetic issue that can destroy the entire balance in your body.

You're making it sound like it's an ultimatum: 100% loss in libido in exchange for your hair. However, for most people this is not the case, and they are perfectly able to have sex, start a family etc. while maintaining their hair.

Please understand how bad it can be to lose your hair in your early life. Losing hair in your late teens/early 20's is incredibly depressing for some people. It ruins your youthful appearance and it's just a fact that baldness is generally not attractive especially among younger people. You can call it just hair, but you're downplaying the youthful appearance that having hair gives you, it's a massive part of your facial aesthetics. The only reason it's not called a defect/disease is because of how common it is, look at how AA is viewed

MikeW

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have in the *** your sides (you write about it everywhere on this forum) and the same you should have in *** my sides and my life,
Why are you trying prohibit finasteride ?
Why did you offend me ? Because my views are different than yours?
Answer me !

Anther guy just posted a thread on this section saying his dick went numb and his balls retracted after 3 pills.