Pictures That Make You Feel Better About Your Hair Loss

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
theShade said:
So what? Why do even give a damn? It's just an internet forum, do you not have a life outside of it or something? If someone with no hair-loss wants to waste their time posting on a hair-loss forum, than let them! Not my problem, and not yours.

I suppose some people would rather keep this forum as the exclusive club for whiny miserable fucks :jackit:

Why do you even give a damn that I give damn? :jackit:

It's just an internet forum, do you not have a life outside of it or something? If someone wants to react to someone posting here without any hair-loss, than let them!

theShade said:
I suppose some people would rather keep this forum as the exclusive club for whiny miserable fucks :jackit:

Well, welcome to the club then :jackit: :jackit: :jackit: :jackit: :jackit:

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
theShade said:
So if there are indeed people here like what you suspect, then simply ignore them. Reacting to them is a sign of weakness, it shows people that you are very defensive about something. At the end of the day it's a public internet forum, everyone has a right to be here and post no matter what reason.

So what are you waiting for? Just ignore me. Live as you learn. Right now you only come across as contradictory.

theShade

Reaction score
superfrankie said:
mpbsux20 said:
The point is those guys are making a mockery out of all those who really suffer from this.This is a hairloss forum and is meant for people who face real problems with hairloss and not for trolls.

I wonder how cancer patients would feel if I was posting stuff on their forums without suffering from it myself. I need a place where I feel superior to everybody :gay: Cya at the cancer forums :)

Way to go comparing a terminal illness to a cosmetic flaw :punk:
I'm sure cancer patients would be thrilled just by your analogy :jackit:

Anyway, even in cancer forums, if a man comes on with no visible signs of cancer or legitimate reasons to beleive that he has it, but worries and suspects that he has it anyway - then why should everyone there automatically assume that he is a liar or playing some sort of game, and start negging him for it? Even most of the people who do suspect that he is making it up - well simply they probably wouldn't care enough to comment.

superfrankie said:

It's just an internet forum, do you not have a life outside of it or something? If someone wants to react to someone posting here without any hair-loss, than let them!

I don't know why, but you just piss me off; so I feel the need to comment. I suspect it's because I identify you as immediately insecure and deeply jealous of that man's NW0 hairline, who quickly lets his feelings get the better of him and starts becoming bitter.

Seriously you should take a look at yourself, for comparison's sake you are like a gaggle of 40-50 year-old women, who are deeply unsatisfied about the beauty they once had and then lost. And of course when a 20-year old beautiful lady comes in, they are quick to lash out and bully her for having what they cannot.

superfrankie said:
So what are you waiting for? Just ignore me. Live as you learn. Right now you only come across as contradictory.

Can't do that, and you're right I am a hypocrite. I mean I really should, seeing as this part of the forum especially is just full of angry, bitter, insecure men who break out into arguements with each other at the slightest provocation. I mean I can't even take the piss a little, without someone breaking out in wails of sorrow and offense, and unleashing all their estrogeny, whiny energy directly in my direction. What's even more enlightening is when a man posts his story in the Tell Your Story section; and shows a few photos that don't show any immediate signs of hair loss. Such whiners as yourself immediately start berating and shouting at him, telling him to get outta the forum, offering no advice, etc... sometimes the same guy posts some more photos from different angles and lighting a little later, and in these shots some hair loss is apparent. The miserable trolls then shut up.

Anyway, I really should leave the forum - but I gotta agree with DoctorHouse, this place can be quite entertaining. Plus someone's gotta stick around to re-assure all the new kids on the bloc and prevent them from sliding into the dark abyss courtesy of some certain posters here.

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
superfrankie said:

theShade said:
I don't know why, but you just piss me off; so I feel the need to comment.

Then my mission is now accomplished. Stop feeding the trolls. I though that was a part of your stigma? You are just full of empty words. :shakehead:

superfrankie said:

theShade said:
Can't do that, and you're right I am a hypocrite. I mean I really should, seeing as this part of the forum especially is just full of angry, bitter, insecure men who break out into arguements with each other at the slightest provocation.

The funny thing is that your reactions to my posts recently show that youre one of them.

theShade said:
Anyway, I really should leave the forum - but I gotta agree with DoctorHouse, this place can be quite entertaining. Plus someone's gotta stick around to re-assure all the new kids on the bloc and prevent them from sliding into the dark abyss courtesy of some certain posters here.

bullshit, you are here because you are fighting against your own insecurities/negative feelings linked to your own hairloss. That is what led you here.

theShade

Reaction score
superfrankie said:
The funny thing is that your reactions to my posts recently show that youre one of them.

lol, I'm not the one hating on people with NW0/NW1 hairlines!

bullshit, you are here because you are fighting against your own insecurities/negative feelings linked to your own hairloss. That is what led you here.

Nah bruh! In the beggining sure you're right it was what led me here. But this place is about the worst to fight 'insecurities/negative feelings' that I have ever seen! It doesn't make people better it just makes them worse. So why I would stick around if that was my aim? :dunno:

Anyway sure glad I managed to see the light before I got succumed to the darkness.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Well if I went to a Phillapino forum and started talking about what it's like to be a philipino man in a white washed society and then they see my avatar picture, I'm not going to expect anyone to take what I have to say seriously.

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
theShade said:
lol, I'm not the one hating on people with NW0/NW1 hairlines!

Im not that person either. Hilarious to hear that this is your conclusion. I just find it sadly fascinating that NW0:s (like worldlyman) who are fucked up enough to come to a hairloss forum and post when he apparently does not suffer from hair loss-genetics. But I must say, I like it when you respond to me. I love the entertainment. (I hope DoctorHouse among others feel it too).

theShade said:
Nah bruh! In the beggining sure you're right it was what led me here. But this place is about the worst to fight 'insecurities/negative feelings' that I have ever seen! It doesn't make people better it just makes them worse. So why I would stick around if that was my aim? :dunno:

All Im saying is that if you had accepted your hairloss fully there is no need to be here (except the entertainment it gives sometimes) If you enjoy yourself, are happy with the current situation and have accepted your hair loss, go out and live life and never come back. After all, this place is only making things worse. I fully agree on that. This is not the place that none of us are going to get over our insecurities/negative feelings - its out there in reality. I guess Im stupid enough for not having realized that before.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
This section is designed for people with hairloss to vent their frustrations and discuss all the gory and depressing details that come with it. This is not the place to expect everyone to be happy or content with their lives, so if that is what you are expecting then you need to find a different forum because your wasting your time here trying to convince those of us who suffer from real hairloss that we don't have a right to be pissed off about it, especially if you have a full head of hair yourself.

Worldly man may be a hairy troll but he is nothing compared to Obsidian. He may think he is taking the moral high road with his tough love approach but he is really just being patronizing and condescending, picking on people who are legitimately depressed. He can't help himself from reacting to our misery and I'm sure that is the real reason he is here..... not to help us but just looking for a debate. He is not here for information on treatments, he is here to troll and to object to anyone who hates loosing their hair, so this place is a goldmine for him.

But the thing to remember is he doesn't suffer from hairloss. He has a full head of long hair in case you haven't seen his picture in the blog section. This is a pain with which he is unfamiliar, so while he has the right to be here it doesn't mean his presence is appropriate. Talk about what you know, go to the height forums where you belong Obsidian...

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i may not agree with your whole approach towards hairloss, yet you've pritty much nailed it with Obsedian and the likes (no pun intended), tho they have every right to post whatever they like, attempts to act as if they understand the undergoings of severe hairloss or advising to the ones who do suffer from it should be ignored. everyone has the right to rant, share their own experiences and worries about losing hair, but zero right to advice or disregard someone's experiences whos higher on the norwood scale (specially if your close to NW1 and on the other side there's a NW6.....)

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
back to topic....

larrylauriedavid.jpg

yeah, yeah, his a gazilionare, but still.... props to Larry! - the representative of bald men :bravo:

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I am not taking sides here but I completely understand UCman's point of view and Obsidian's misunderstood intentions. I have only minor loss and it eats away at me everyday like acid in my stomach. I actually have stomach problems from it and have to go to a gastro doctor now. I could not even imagine how devastating it would be to have UCman's situation but most likely I would have attempted hair transplants if I was in his situation.
As far as Obsidian's misunderstood intentions, he does sometimes go about it in a sarcastic tone in his posts. He is trying to help but at the same time has difficulty getting his message across in a positive way. He definitely suffers from insecurities of his own as do mostly everyone on her including myself. My hair situation is probably better than most of the people on here including Obsidian and if I posted a picture I would be "attacked" just like Obsidian. I mentioned before its all about perspective. I compare myself to people my age and older with perfect thick NW1s which I certainly am not. That is what "kills" me. I only wish I could be the lucky one with a scalp that is DHT resistant. I know I am lucky enough to have the hair I have at my age but when you see those more fortunate sometimes it can eat a way at you if you have that type of insecure personality like I have. I think most of the people on here maybe doing the same thing and that is why they come on here scared the first sign of thinning hair. I did when it happened. I learned what I had to learn and then found so many more insecure people like myself on here that I felt like I belong on here better than in the "real" world. I enjoy all the bickering back and forth as entertainment but I hope that you can "kiss and make up" at the end because life should not be full of hate.
Unlike some other posters, I don't find this place a dark place. I think most of the people on here are great people and have alot of potential to have a great life. I think people are forgetting this place is a support forum and use this place as a boxing match ring instead. There is no need to attack anyone on here regardless of their situation. If you see a NW1 who thinks his world is ending because he is thinning, just let him know what he can do to save it and move on. Don't question his honestly if he really has hair loss. If he does not have hair loss, you can bet he is just insecure. The last thing he wants to hear is you don't belong here and get a life. Maybe he just needs some support emotionally. Let him get that at least. If you don't want to give him that kind of support, than let me do it. I wish someone did it for me when I was growing up. Maybe I would not have ruined my social life all these years. I think everyone comes on here to feel better even if its not about their hair. As I said before, this forum is the next best thing as a substitute for a BDD forum. I am not saying everyone on her has BDD, but some people definitely have some similar insecurities similar to a person with OCD/BDD.
As far as Worldlyman, he just comes on here just to show his situation is not as bad as yours. Some may think he is just rubbing your noses in the fact that he is more fortunate than most on here. Personally, I am glad I have never given that impression to anyone on here as long as I have posted. That is why I would never post my situation in photos either. I already know its not that bad so why would I need to get confirmation from people who have it worse than me. I think that is why OKnow gets attacked as well. He just has BDD like myself but still posts his very minor hair loss situation just for comfirmation but it backfires everytime because those who have it worse just feel their salt wounds hurting more. Worldlyman does have some thinning and receding due to age like myself and he wears his hair long so he looks to cover up all his problem. Yet underneath those long bangs his hair is not what it used to be so he decided to join this forum. However, what most people see in his avatar is zero hairloss so it kind of annoys those less fortunate. He has insecurities himself too even if he won't admit them. If he didn't he would not even be here. Those who have accepted baldness don't come on forums like this. They have other forums for them.
I still like coming here just because I hope maybe I can help one of you go down a much better path than I have. I always wanted to do some type of creative writing so I guess I use this place as practice.................... :whistle:

MrBastard

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ori83 said:
back to topic....

larrylauriedavid.jpg

yeah, yeah, his a gazilionare, but still.... props to Larry! - the representative of bald men :bravo:

Curb Your Enthusiasm! ownage show :)

Obsidian

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Worldly man may be a hairy troll but he is nothing compared to Obsidian. He may think he is taking the moral high road with his tough love approach but he is really just being patronizing and condescending, picking on people who are legitimately depressed. He can't help himself from reacting to our misery and I'm sure that is the real reason he is here..... not to help us but just looking for a debate. He is not here for information on treatments, he is here to troll and to object to anyone who hates loosing their hair, so this place is a goldmine for him.

But the thing to remember is he doesn't suffer from hairloss. He has a full head of long hair in case you haven't seen his picture in the blog section. This is a pain with which he is unfamiliar, so while he has the right to be here it doesn't mean his presence is appropriate. Talk about what you know, go to the height forums where you belong Obsidian...

You're right I may be patronizing and condescending, but I never said I was perfect. I have my faults and like everyone I am a work in progress.

As far as not suffering hair-loss, I'm sorry for catching it early, I guess I could wait around. You do realize those long-hair pictures are from 18 to 20 right?

I guess the problem is I just see some many people thinking this is the end of the world, when the fact is life can be much worse. You should know that.
Does it ever occur to you, that you are possibly controlling some of your misery? Yes going bald sucks, no one is denying that but it is another thing to become this miserable person who only likes to be miserable, unless you were always like that.

Nobody said you can't care about being bald but it is just the way it is, just like I am short, I could get that bone lengthening surgery like you could get a hair-piece but I don' t think it would solve either of our mental views of ourselves. It would just be putting a band-aid on a broken-bone.

The reason I have been tough love on you is I hate seeing people in a funk like you, you have great skills when it comes to an artist and I feel like you are wasting them on just being feeling 'below-average' and feeling like a failure. You act like at times that no one loves you, yet you have a daughter who loves you, parents, and an ex-wife regardless of hair or not. Yet when people try to make you see that and you have the power to control your life. You just brush it off, giving an excuse for it like me. I have been guilty of it too.

I know you don't want to go to psychologist or a therapist, but you need to realize while they can help you identify your problems, it is up to you to control your feelings and it doesn't go away, like some people say, you have to keep up with it.

You need to also realize you have let this affect other people around you, you already have your daughter who tries to comfort you, if that's not being affected then I don't know what is.

You're not perfect either, I remember you mentioning believing in Hair-cloning is almost as stupid as believing Buddhism. You may not believe in that religion, but what gives you the right to say that? He has a right to his belief as you do.

You also have a job, with in this economy, is great! Something I wish I had but even a college graduate with lengthy intern and job experience cannot get. You should be grateful. All I am saying.

I realize I can only say so much of it without you brushing it off so I guess I should just ignore you, because they way you are going is not going to solve your problems.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Obsidian, "you can’t unscramble scrambled eggs" so stop trying and just be supportive :dunno: i hate to say it but i highly doubt you said, or will ever say something that UM never heard or thought of before, the main reason the "miserable" people come here is to unload and "warn" guys with lower degree of hairloss about how hard its going to be. (same goes for qball iirc)

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
Ori83 said:
Obsidian, "you can’t unscramble scrambled eggs" so stop trying and just be supportive :dunno: i hate to say it but i highly doubt you said, or will ever say something that UM never heard or thought of before, the main reason the "miserable" people come here is to unload and "warn" guys with lower degree of hairloss about how hard its going to be. (same goes for qball iirc)
What about people like Sandoval?
He is younger and balder than many in the misery crowd and he seems to do OK.
I admit that lower Norwoods like me can be easily attacked, but what about the positive really bald crowd?

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If Sandoval admits it or not, im sure hair loss effected his life to some degree, and not for the better, otherwise he wouldn't be here.

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
Ori83 said:
If Sandoval admits it or not, im sure hair loss effected his life to some degree, and not for the better, otherwise he wouldn't be here.
He does admit that hair loss affected (and affects) his life.

I don't think no one denies that lacking hair on top of the head is not going to have some sort of impact, particularly on romantic relationships.

Is the size of the perceived impact that separates the positive and the misery crowd.

While some don't see it as bad as being born with an ugly face, short stature or getting a scar across the face, some advocate:
- Castration as all their partners are cheating them with an NW1
- Living on food stamps as all jobs require young people with heads full of hair
- Suicide as they are attacked on the street at first sight
Any evidence that might proves the contrary is assumed with a negative standpoint; the guy probably became rich when he had hair, the wife is probably cheating on him, the guy is in the .00001% of men who look good bald ( and for a place that loves to joke about slybaldguys, every guy that shaves here automatically looks OK )

worldlyman

My Regimen
Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
As far as Worldlyman, he just comes on here just to show his situation is not as bad as yours. Some may think he is just rubbing your noses in the fact that he is more fortunate than most on here. Personally, I am glad I have never given that impression to anyone on here as long as I have posted. That is why I would never post my situation in photos either. I already know its not that bad so why would I need to get confirmation from people who have it worse than me. I think that is why OKnow gets attacked as well. He just has BDD like myself but still posts his very minor hair loss situation just for comfirmation but it backfires everytime because those who have it worse just feel their salt wounds hurting more. Worldlyman does have some thinning and receding due to age like myself and he wears his hair long so he looks to cover up all his problem. Yet underneath those long bangs his hair is not what it used to be so he decided to join this forum. However, what most people see in his avatar is zero hairloss so it kind of annoys those less fortunate. He has insecurities himself too even if he won't admit them. If he didn't he would not even be here. Those who have accepted baldness don't come on forums like this. They have other forums for them.
I still like coming here just because I hope maybe I can help one of you go down a much better path than I have. I always wanted to do some type of creative writing so I guess I use this place as practice.................... :whistle:

To be totally honest, I actually did believe I was thinning or losing density. I wondered why my hair at 40-something just wasn't quite like it was when I was 18, of all things to worry about in life. So I read internet posts and solutions on the topic and decided to join this board last year or so...to see what was up.

After researching the many interesting posts and stories here, I saw that I didn't have any of the classic symptoms: no oily scalp, no itching, no shedding, etc. I also changed shampoos...and thus found that I still really haven't lost. My hair was all bouncy and fresh again (kinda sorta like it was at 18). Switching shampoo after using the same one for years on end can make the difference on thick hair.

My hairline is not an issue. I just thought my density was. (I won't post any more good pics because, yeah, more stones will be thrown at me here :innocent: .) I might have to say I gradually lost a wee bit of density over the decades because I'm 42 now, not 18. But I should be happy to have what I have. True. Don't sweat the rest. I mean, I'm in my early 40s now and I still wake up with this massive bush on my head and then brush my teeth.

Thus I erased my five or six personal blog posts a month or two ago. These blog posts of mine had an in-the-meantime tenor that had no point here on Hair Loss Talk, anyway. And I will get rid of my blog, if I can figure that out, lol.

And you say that I didn't have admissions of self-consciousness or "insecurities"? I actually did here. I have a post or two saying that sometimes in a white-majority America, being an Norwood 0.5 doesn't always mean squat socially here when you're of Asian descent. So whether it's baldness or ethnicity/race...sometimes we're in the same boat, more or less. So my Pacific looks had been a form of "BDD" here in this society. Just because you are "bald" doesn't mean you are persecuted any more than other guys with other socially-relevant visual qualities.

You think you get passed over for jobs and dates in white-majority America for being "bald?" Try being ethnic or minority here in America. You know how frustrating it had been to hear lots of Asian girls saying they prefer white guys and such? And the white girls who tend to mostly prefer white guys, of course? (But surely, there are those fine girls that have a taste for ethnic guys :) ...and some employers like certain people on a personal level, regardless of race...) So if you believe in yourself, despite "baldness" or "race," you can get somewhere.

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Its not about getting somewhere.Its about living a life that you want to live.Going bald forces you to act like an older peson....You don't really blend well with the younger crowd.Losing your youth makes you a bitter person as you get older.

s.a.f

Reaction score
mpbsux20 said:
Its not about getting somewhere.Its about living a life that you want to live.Going bald forces you to act like an older peson....You don't really blend well with the younger crowd.Losing your youth makes you a bitter person as you get older.

:agree: There are a lot of old baldies out there who are bitter and people think, they should get over it. But its blighted their lives and they cant move on.