Peapoddy's Story - (25 : Just Starting Finasteride)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm going through a terrible break up and I'm emotional as f***:( Could the finpecia or dutasteride be responsible for making it worse? I love this girl and she ended it 6 months ago. We were together over 4 years
That's called a broken heart and no the drugs are not going to make it worse than it is. Sorry to hear it ended but it's happening more and more in this world. People either change during the relationship, stay too long in one when they were never happy in the first place, or find they don't want one for the moment until they realize it was a mistake to end one. Why did she end it? You have the body and looks of a fitness model. Your hair is good. Why would she walk away from someone like that when we have been told looks are everything? What else did she want? She may need some time to think about it and may come back to you. If not, only time will heal a broken heart.

addajc

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey DoctorHouse,

I'm devastated. She severed such a powerful bond. She felt like I wasn't hustling enough...

Her situation is she's currently in pre med and wants to be a surgeon.She feels like I'm not good enough for her I guess.She said the reason why she broke up with me was cause I didn't have my life in order and she felt used. She will be the one making all the money and I will resent her when she has her big house and car :(

5 years gone....

Sickening plus I see her at work everyday .Guys flirting with her

That's called a broken heart and no the drugs are not going to make it worse than it is. Sorry to hear it ended but it's happening more and more in this world. People either change during the relationship, stay too long in one when they were never happy in the first place, or find they don't want one for the moment until they realize it was a mistake to end one. Why did she end it? You have the body and looks of a fitness model. Your hair is good. Why would she walk away from someone like that when we have been told looks are everything? What else did she want? She may need some time to think about it and may come back to you. If not, only time will heal a broken heart.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
damn; so past a certain age , money and status is more important than look for girls ?

may i ask you how old she is ?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Hey DoctorHouse,

I'm devastated. She severed such a powerful bond. She felt like I wasn't hustling enough...

Her situation is she's currently in pre med and wants to be a surgeon.She feels like I'm not good enough for her I guess.She said the reason why she broke up with me was cause I didn't have my life in order and she felt used. She will be the one making all the money and I will resent her when she has her big house and car :(

5 years gone....

Sickening plus I see her at work everyday .Guys flirting with her
That must be real tough because you see her at work. All I can say is you need to move on. Do you think you have your life in order? There was also a high chance she would have met some one in medical school and still did the same thing if he you married her. Unfortunately, this can happen. She was very young too. I think that has a lot to do with it too.

Just remember, you will never have any issues attracting women from your looks but you need to find out if anything she said was the truth. If you don't really have your life in order, that could make this break up even harder for you because you might feel you are the reason it happened. However, the decision was based on fear that she felt you were not going to be financially stable as her. If she really truly loved you she would have been patient enough to let you get your life in order and become more financially stable. Unfortunately, she was projecting a future for both of you without giving you a chance to prove you could give her a good future. That might be partly due to her being so young and feels she needs to find herself as well. Just remember, I know this does not sound too consoling, but things happen for a reason and this might just need to happen for you to meet someone even more special and for you to grow.

Robintx

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am in a similar situation here , except we both are doing are post grad - she is going to be OB-GYN and me a Radiologist , but she still ended it on her own terms. I know it can be tough , but the best advice i can give you is , use this energy wisely and build something out of it instead of pondering over it.

I meet my ex every single day , pretty much every few hours , and all i see is she is happy and flirting with someone , it breaks me ...but it also makes me stronger.

No offence to any girls around , but in this time and age , girls can be mean and naive , specially the young ones.

addajc

Established Member
Reaction score
I lost 15lbs the first few months. Couldn't keep my food down was literally vomiting. My hair was falling out like crazy!!! I would rustle my hair with my hand and so many hairs would fall out. I stopped all treatments for 2 months so that's part of the reason for the shedding but also stress.

I'm so lucky to recover my hair it's better than ever now

addajc

Established Member
Reaction score
And guess what we continued to see each other after the break up . We even went out for dinner on my birthday just the two of us ...she got me gifts

Nekkk7

My Regimen
Reaction score
And guess what we continued to see each other after the break up . We even went out for dinner on my birthday just the two of us ...she got me gifts

Hi, I've been reading your thread for a long time but I felt this is the right time to register and say thank you! I have very similar hair yours and when I found this thread years ago your case became my motivation. My regimen isn't the same as yours, I don't have courage to use Finasteride. I use liquid Minoxidil 8% + azelaic acid and Rogaine foam and I regrew a lot hair on the front and mid scalp (except crown where hair is thinner). So, my true motivation was your dedication to your regimen. I am also considering the same hair transplant clinic as yours.
I read about your problems. Remember, anyone can study hard, graduate , work hard and earn a lot of money, but only a small number of people could be motivation to other people when they are going through hard times and that is the thing that your girlfriend should understand and see in you. She should see that you motivate people and make them feel better.

addajc

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Nekkk7 thank you man for the message!! I'm so glad your treatments have helped you:)I bet if you started finasteride your crown would recover !Yep HDC in Cyprus are great

Hi, I've been reading your thread for a long time but I felt this is the right time to register and say thank you! I have very similar hair yours and when I found this thread years ago your case became my motivation. My regimen isn't the same as yours, I don't have courage to use Finasteride. I use liquid Minoxidil 8% + azelaic acid and Rogaine foam and I regrew a lot hair on the front and mid scalp (except crown where hair is thinner). So, my true motivation was your dedication to your regimen. I am also considering the same hair transplant clinic as yours.
I read about your problems. Remember, anyone can study hard, graduate , work hard and earn a lot of money, but only a small number of people could be motivation to other people when they are going through hard times and that is the thing that your girlfriend should understand and see in you. She should see that you motivate people and make them feel better.

Krisphair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi I wanted to know what you guys think of my kind of hair loss on a scale from 1-10

Also To mention I started taking Finasteride 1mg on the 24th of may every other day and today started daily.
I want to know if this is something that will thicken my hair and regrow those thinning areas. please give me your advice and opinion really just looking for some support. Will also be posting pictures after every month or so to post my progress

Attachments

• Copy of IMG_0649.JPG
    Copy of IMG_0649.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 464
  • IMG_0653.JPG
    IMG_0653.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 378
  • IMG_0655.JPG
    IMG_0655.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 430
  • 8C730DFB-5598-4DDC-9FA9-56CF01FB88C2.JPG
    8C730DFB-5598-4DDC-9FA9-56CF01FB88C2.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 385
  • 8D726EDC-2A5C-4A27-BE36-FF8EADB603D2.JPG
    8D726EDC-2A5C-4A27-BE36-FF8EADB603D2.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 420
  • 87D31942-4AEC-4C68-9983-C44F9162C4ED.JPG
    87D31942-4AEC-4C68-9983-C44F9162C4ED.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 429
  • 989DEC61-D452-4BA3-97CC-B878D7265F31.JPG
    989DEC61-D452-4BA3-97CC-B878D7265F31.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 374

addajc

Established Member
Reaction score
Mate 5% minoxidil will do the trick .

Rogain foam mornings and the Kirkland liquid before bed

Hi I wanted to know what you guys think of my kind of hair loss on a scale from 1-10

Also To mention I started taking Finasteride 1mg on the 24th of may every other day and today started daily.
I want to know if this is something that will thicken my hair and regrow those thinning areas. please give me your advice and opinion really just looking for some support. Will also be posting pictures after every month or so to post my progress

Krisphair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Mate 5% minoxidil will do the trick .

Rogain foam mornings and the Kirkland liquid before bed
Do you really believe that will do the job. Also will it cause shedding in just those areas and how long till results.
One more thing do you not thing Finasteride 1mg is enough and why? Thank you so much by the way

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Adam,
I was in your shoes a little over a year ago. My gf and I broke up after 3 years together. The emotional pain and the psychological impact was huge. My sleep was a mess, appetite did not exist, sad all the time, hair shed like mad, and I would get anxious. I felt worthless and I secluded myself from friends. All I can say is time does heal, but it's a lengthy process (at least for me). Ive read our brain gets used to intimacy and having someone around for so long is a huge change even from a chemical balance standpoint in the brain. Like you, we were still in contact and intimate- and now when I look back was a huge mistake.

If I could have done it all over again I would have just cut all contact with the ex, surrounded myself with friends, remain positive, focus on gym and hobbies, and remind myself that like everything this too shall pass. I look back at myself and kick myself wondering why I allowed myself to get so emo.

Go out, have fun, focus on yourself, meet girls, and you'll realize that she probably wasn't that special and can b replaced. Even now, there are times when I still remember my ex or compare her to other girls but it's decreased over time and I'm positive it will continue to do so until she barely ever crosses my mind anymore.

You've a great looking dude (no homo). Go out and put those aesthetics to use. That's an order!

We're all gonna make it bro :)

Krisphair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you really believe that will do the job. Also will it cause shedding in just those areas and how long till results.
One more thing do you not thing Finasteride 1mg is enough and why? Thank you so much by the way

Can someone please answer this. And give there opinion on just the usage of Finasteride it self for my situation

Robintx

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can someone please answer this. And give there opinion on just the usage of Finasteride it self for my situation

Finasteride will most likely not give you new growth , only thicken up/maintain what is already there , if you want to grow new hair , you need to use minoxidil and then let finasteride thicken the new hair.

Krisphair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride will most likely not give you new growth , only thicken up/maintain what is already there , if you want to grow new hair , you need to use minoxidil and then let finasteride thicken the new hair.

How long do you believe it will take to see results and see if Finasteride is working. Also it can promote new growth no. Also my hair loss is not bad right? It truly has been thinning for a year of so and has only gotten finer. Have you used finasteride youeself. If so how long, when did you start seeing results, and what did it do for you

Krisphair

My Regimen
Reaction score
How long do you believe it will take to see results and see if Finasteride is working. Also it can promote new growth no. Also my hair loss is not bad right? It truly has been thinning for a year of so and has only gotten finer. Have you used finasteride youeself. If so how long, when did you start seeing results, and what did it do for you
I am just very depressed from this whole situation and can't believe it is happening at my age (21). I need help to get through this and want some inspiration

Status
Not open for further replies.