P-3074 (polichem Topical Finasteride) Phase Iii Just Ended.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
Since you need 5 years of fda testing what do you expect ? if you invent a drug tomorrow it will still take 5-6 years to come the market

Then, since FDA has already approved finasteride, will it take them ~1 year to approve the topical version of finasteride ?

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They 've been in phase 3 since 2015, so should be more than 5+ year. They are testing, we are dying.

Btw, 20+ years and no such new treatment invented. Only starting from 2015 (maybe), a lot of new "promising" treatment. Did they just realize that the balding industry is a cash cow industry ?
Well phase 3 can take way too long , you need to gather alot of people who are 1) balding 2)willing to visit the building where the study is being carried out every X days for as long as the study is going to take , 3) live relatively close to these buildings 4) fulfill criteria like not taking extra medication , not being in a high risk group , being aged from X to Y years old .
After that you have to conduct the study and finally gather the results , and make them into a scientific paper , which can take up to a year .
Phase 3 study has ended like 2 months ago if i remember correctly , now they are gathering and evaluating the results .

As for the topical finasteride issue , merck had a patent for topical finasteride afaik , but never made it into a product .
I barely know anything about patent laws , but i guess p3074 is a new patent consisting of topical finasteride and their vehicle of hydropropyl chitosan , so i dont know if it could speed up the fda testing process by being topical form of an approved drug, or not
However the fact that they did 3 full phase studies implies the latter

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well phase 3 can take way too long , you need to gather alot of people who are 1) balding 2)willing to visit the building where the study is being carried out every X days for as long as the study is going to take , 3) live relatively close to these buildings 4) fulfill criteria like not taking extra medication , not being in a high risk group , being aged from X to Y years old .
After that you have to conduct the study and finally gather the results , and make them into a scientific paper , which can take up to a year .
Phase 3 study has ended like 2 months ago if i remember correctly , now they are gathering and evaluating the results .

As for the topical finasteride issue , merck had a patent for topical finasteride afaik , but never made it into a product .
I barely know anything about patent laws , but i guess p3074 is a new patent consisting of topical finasteride and their vehicle of hydropropyl chitosan , so i dont know if it could speed up the fda testing process by being topical form of an approved drug, or not
However the fact that they did 3 full phase studies implies the latter

Just weird, take them damn long for an old idea. But nvm, if the results are shjtty, will they abort it ?

br1

Reaction score
so whats the time frame for releasing the results (will it ever be released/disclosed?) ?

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
they said until ~ may 2019 or sth but who knows
(if that guy who claimed he contacted aint trolling us , but they usually need up to a year for results )

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting how this study and research takes 5 years and yet we have Dr Lupanzula that already has a dutasteride topical and claims it has less side effects.

I just have to conclude then that this guy is a scam artist. No results of his product public... Pay and see thats his strategy

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting how this study and research takes 5 years and yet we have Dr Lupanzula that already has a dutasteride topical and claims it has less side effects.

I just have to conclude then that this guy is a scam artist. No results of his product public... Pay and see thats his strategy
i am equally amazed by H&W making liposomal finasteride without studies , collaborating with a pharmacy on the other side of the planet , and claiming 2.5 % dose wont give sides without even testing it

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Problem with those kind of 5ar reductase inhibitor creams, is how you'll be able to dose it properly at home ? your DHT levels can change from about +20/-20% just with a high/low dose...

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Problem with those kind of 5ar reductase inhibitor creams, is how you'll be able to dose it properly at home ? your DHT levels can change from about +20/-20% just with a high/low dose...
If it works as the same or more effectiveness of oral finasteride and with very low to none side effects then I guess that would be a non problem. Just think of it as how people on foam minoxidil do it.
If they dont see regrowth , then its not because of the dosage, rather the frequency and effectiveness of the product itself

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Topicals are retarded for diffuse thinning though

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, I guess Shiseido 2019 and Follica 2020. Given that Shiseido and Follica are in the final trial, this is a realistic expectation.

Shiseido is NOT in final (Phase 3) stage yet. It is in Stage 2. They will get conditional license after that and it is unclear how many patients will be able to get the benefit of this treatment. It is likely that only a handful of patients will get it and that too only Japanese residents.

Follica is not yet in Phase 3, it is set to start this year. If all goes well.

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It occurred to me that since you can buy topical DHT gel, perhaps you could use that on your body while you use topical finasteride. Assuming the topical is effective..who cares if we increase serum levels..eapecially to combat any systemic effect from the finasteride.

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
It occurred to me that since you can buy topical DHT gel, perhaps you could use that on your body while you use topical finasteride. Assuming the topical is effective..who cares if we increase serum levels..eapecially to combat any systemic effect from the finasteride.

Ive thought the same thing, if it can work locally then we could apply it there then apply the dht cream to you know where...

May even have a super high sex drive and save the hair at the same time, would be a pretty revolutionary protocol... if it worked that is. This is why getting the polichem results back from the study to the efficiency of the non systematic effects of topical fina would be super helpful. If it was to be the case it could work locally then in theory that protocol should work

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive thought the same thing, if it can work locally then we could apply it there then apply the dht cream to you know where...

May even have a super high sex drive and save the hair at the same time, would be a pretty revolutionary protocol... if it worked that is. This is why getting the polichem results back from the study to the efficiency of the non systematic effects of topical fina would be super helpful. If it was to be the case it could work locally then in theory that protocol should work
There is a chance that your body would decrease testosterone production though , trying to compensate for the increase in dht if it was already within normal levels . But i am just speculating , maybe a good endocrinologist would have a definite answer