P-3074 (polichem Topical Finasteride) Phase Iii Just Ended.

Yoshi3Mario

Established Member
Reaction score
Topical finasteride needs to be illegal and not available .

Crushed pills cause hermaphroditism in male fetuses if touched by women. Think about this poison getting in the water supply or a man touching his scalp and then smearing it on a public door handle. Can't have this stuff in our air, our water, etc.

Take the pill if you want to keep your hair. If you get sides on the pill you will get sides putting it on your scalp. At least if you take the pill you won't be wide spreading hermaprhoditism.

Seriously, have a little but of naturalism in your lives .

Yoshi3Mario

Established Member
Reaction score
No I'm not trolling. This is a serious point. Finasteride is a powerful hormonal changing drug. It significantly inhibits dht. No dht. No penis .

washed_up

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Crushed pills cause hermaphroditism in male fetuses if touched by women. Think about this poison getting in the water supply or a man touching his scalp and then smearing it on a public door handle. Can't have this stuff in our air, our water, etc.

Take the pill if you want to keep your hair. If you get sides on the pill you will get sides putting it on your scalp. At least if you take the pill you won't be wide spreading hermaprhoditism.

This makes no sense at all. The FDA trials exist specifically to address hazards like these. Things like topical testosterone gels are already available on the market for guys with low T and transgender men, I don't see you going crazy with hysteria about girls turning into hirsute burly men because some dude put Androgel on his shoulder and went into a swimming pool. Just ignorant garbage.

Last edited:

CinnamonRoll

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Exactly. I think it's the placebo effect that is aggravated when people keep reading stories after stories of low libido.
We can see this on the Dutasteride placebo group study:
"Side effects occurring in therapy with dutasteride are decreased libido, erectile dysfunction, ejaculation disorders, and gynecomastia. However, when dutasteride treatment is compared with placebo, these sexual adverse events are only modestly elevated."

Meaning you have just a slightly higher % of people complaining about limp dick on the dutasteride group and therefore the main reason for limp dick isn't dutasteride
Nope. The main issue with sexual sides is mental illness. Have you noticed that the vast majority of people who get crippling sides from finasteride/dutasteride, have additional existing mental illnesses like depression and anxiety? And those who don't have had a history of experiencing bad side effects from other things.

The number of mentally healthy people who take finasteride, and don't expect sides - but then get sides is an extremely rare phenomenon.

The number of head cases who take their first pill while actively having a mild panic attack who experience bad sides is approximately 100%.

fuDHTck

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

lol this is why this forum is a joke.

br1

Reaction score
Well they say in the end of the article.. results expected 4q 2018.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well they say in the end of the article.. results expected 4q 2018.

You mean this sentence ? Seems like P3058, not P3074 ?

upload_2018-8-5_18-39-17.png

Reactions: br1

vlados

My Regimen
Reaction score
After "week 24" there's a "." , meaning that after the "." they talk about P3058 with no reference to P3074.

Yepesyellow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it fair to assume that an update will not be presented until Almirall’s year end report in early 2019? P-3074 is the most likely effective option to be released within the next 12-15 months.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
After "week 24" there's a "." , meaning that after the "." they talk about P3058 with no reference to P3074.

Not really. 1 year for releasing of data + 1 year for FDA approval + 0.5 year for commercialization = 2.5 year best scenario.

Yepesyellow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Generally the application for EC approval is filed a number of months following the completion of phase iii - Almirall completed phase iii on p-3074 in March; it is reasonable to expect that Almirall will submit p-3074 for approval within the following months. An additional 9 to 12 months of EC processing are expected, followed by a relatively concurrent release. How did you end up with two and a half years?

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
Generally the application for EC approval is filed a number of months following the completion of phase iii - Almirall completed phase iii on p-3074 in March; it is reasonable to expect that Almirall will submit p-3074 for approval within the following months. An additional 9 to 12 months of EC processing are expected, followed by a relatively concurrent release. How did you end up with two and a half years?

Just my own estimation plus, some member emailed them before and they said 2020 soonest.

For the approval, dont they need to show trial data, which take them month to compile ?

Yepesyellow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, however the phase iii trial concluded 8 months ago. I’d imagine that Almirall will try to file for approval by the end of this year; approval generally ranges from 9 to 12 months, which is in line with a 2020 release. Two and half years from now would be half-way through 2021, unless you have reason to believe that a substantial delay will occur, I don’t know why you’d assume a 2021 release.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, however the phase iii trial concluded 8 months ago. I’d imagine that Almirall will try to file for approval by the end of this year; approval generally ranges from 9 to 12 months, which is in line with a 2020 release. Two and half years from now would be half-way through 2021, unless you have reason to believe that a substantial delay will occur, I don’t know why you’d assume a 2021 release.

2.5 years from the day the concluded their study (Feb 2018), which is late 2020. Anyway, just to emphasize how slow they are

Yepesyellow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ah, alright. Yes, I’d imagine a Q1-Q2 2020 release is probable. What promising alternative within that time-frame is there though? Fevipiprant has not demonstrated efficacy for AA, Follica is silent and the plan for Replicel/ Shisheido is not yet clear. Everything else is later.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ah, alright. Yes, I’d imagine a Q1-Q2 2020 release is probable. What promising alternative within that time-frame is there though? Fevipiprant has not demonstrated efficacy for AA, Follica is silent and the plan for Replicel/ Shisheido is not yet clear. Everything else is later.

Agree, I am also looking for this provided that Shiseido fails / keeps silent forever. However, looking at 2020, damn far far away.

tdma

My Regimen
Reaction score
Let's first wait for the results of the phase III though before getting too enthusiastic ^^