P-3074 (polichem Topical Finasteride) Phase Iii Just Ended.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont know what you guys are talking about with PGD2. I have not seen a single study showing results from any pgd2 antagonist. Not any existing drug trials or a result of any kind showing or proving that pgd2 antagonists have any results for hair. A paper suggesting PGD 2 is implicated in male pattern baldness or elevated, and then showing that causes male pattern baldness directly are two different things. I have not seen proof.
When I see those studies, and the drug is available from a reliable source then we talk. Until that happens finasteride is king of the jungle. Link to me the 5 year double blind trial showing that pgd2 antagonist stops male pattern baldness?

You don't even take Finasteride and you've been here for THIRTEEN YEARS. Your hair loss is so slow you don't even take medication yet you have 3000 posts on a hair loss forum. I'm sure you have all the time in the world waiting for "studies" and "proof".

Meanwhile, there are guys here who are 19 and diffusing into a NW5 who will take everything and anything that they can tolerate, and they get side effects from Finasteride - which for some of us grew more tits than hair, so f*** your "King of the jungle" - with all its scientific studies to back it up, when it's worthless for people like me and the other youngins who really have it BAD. I've had more success so far with things that don't have a single study to back it up than what I've had with Finasteride, and I don't have time to sit on my *** and wait until the almighty scientific community deems baldness worthy of adequate research.

The 7TH Sense

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, I got new info to share about Polichem. Some time ago I sent an email to M.Caserini, I wrote in Italian because 3/4 of his team has an Italian name. I got lucky and today one of them (probably who got my mail forwarded by Caserini) replied to my email.

I'll translate my questions and his answers.

Q: - Reading the online resources, phase 3 of experimentation should now have ended. When will the study's results be published?

A: - The study ended in March, its results will be published within a year starting from its closure.

Q: - If the results will be adequately positive, when can we expect a release of the product?

A: - If the results will be positive, the commercialization could start by 2020.

Q: - Eventually, will the product be sold as a "stand-alone" one, produced by a pharmaceutical company, or will it need a pharmacy to be prepared under a medical prescription as a galenical?

A: - The product will be sold as a stand-alone drug.

Q: - Unfortunately, I suffer from unbearable side effects from the systemic use of finasteride, which forced me to stop the treatment. In your opinion, is there a possibility according to your latest researches, to use your product without having to face finasteride's side effects while keeping its effectiveness?

A: - That's what we hope for. As of now, we don't have sufficient data to answer the question.

Even sh*t like topical finasteride gets delayed, this is quite a letdown. Release in 2020 seems also very hypotethical as everything in the hair loss pipeline and entire history.

Falsenine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for your effort @The 7TH Sense !
I was really hoping for a late 2018 release since it’s an already approved drug and they’re just using another delivery method.
With Brotzu stuck in limbo and this releasing in 2020, it seems like the big 3 will still be the way to go until then.
Guess it’s game over for people who can’t take finasteride.

Javell

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Even sh*t like topical finasteride gets delayed, this is quite a letdown. Release in 2020 seems also very hypotethical as everything in the hair loss pipeline and entire history.
I kind of wish I was in 2 year comma. If there is nothing by 2020 it is hair system time for me. I'm already suffering 6 years of this hell ever since I was 17 (f*****g M shape since then). I'm still not slick bald.

Guess it’s game over for people who can’t take finasteride.
No, a transplant at someone like Dr. Lorenzo could still save us, but we need Shiseido to stop the loss. We still don't know about Shiseido's efficiency and if Follica could be repeated, combining these 2 and a transplant hypothetically could make a very bald person into a fullhead.

As for Tsuji, I'll need to work at least 5 years from now until I could afford it and live on a diet.

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I got new info to share about Polichem. Some time ago I sent an email to M.Caserini, I wrote in Italian because 3/4 of his team has an Italian name. I got lucky and today one of them (probably who got my mail forwarded by Caserini) replied to my email.

I'll translate my questions and his answers.

Q: - Reading the online resources, phase 3 of experimentation should now have ended. When will the study's results be published?

A: - The study ended in March, its results will be published within a year starting from its closure.

Q: - If the results will be adequately positive, when can we expect a release of the product?

A: - If the results will be positive, the commercialization could start by 2020.

Q: - Eventually, will the product be sold as a "stand-alone" one, produced by a pharmaceutical company, or will it need a pharmacy to be prepared under a medical prescription as a galenical?

A: - The product will be sold as a stand-alone drug.

Q: - Unfortunately, I suffer from unbearable side effects from the systemic use of finasteride, which forced me to stop the treatment. In your opinion, is there a possibility according to your latest researches, to use your product without having to face finasteride's side effects while keeping its effectiveness?

A: - That's what we hope for. As of now, we don't have sufficient data to answer the question.

sh*t this is bad news. Thank you for sourcing this though.

I just dont get why they can release the results of the trial any sooner, they already have these why do they want to wait a year to release anything. Also saying thats what they hoped for but they dont have sufficient data sort of suggests the results may not have been great. Perhaps their planning on doing another trial before the release, they said " if the results will be positive" which results are they referring to if they have already completed the trial, surely they have these already...

timberman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn.. pretty sad that a topical finasteride which completed phase 3 will take another 2 years. Was hoping for a 'bridge' treatment and this seemed to be the closest to market. Well maybe Shisheido next year then...

benjaminfranklin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone read anything or have any insight into how unique their formula actually is? (vs standard topical finasteride that you can get prepared at a compounding pharmacy?) Trying to understand exactly what makes this different - something about reducing systemic exposure compared to standard topical finasteride?

Dolph

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone read anything or have any insight into how unique their formula actually is? (vs standard topical finasteride that you can get prepared at a compounding pharmacy?) Trying to understand exactly what makes this different - something about reducing systemic exposure compared to standard topical finasteride?
Polichem (actually Almirall now, they acquired Polichem over two years ago) works on a principle of microfilm, if I recall correctly, with the intention of keeping the DHT inhibition local, but I think we all know that just isn't how the endocrine system works. I doubt it's much different than taking smaller (like 0.25-0.50mg) doses of oral finasteride. I'm still convinced they're onto something with their vehicle, even if it's a small difference, or they wouldn't have invested this much money in it. But we'll find out for sure once the study results are published.

What P-3074 will do, which I'm certain of, is reduce the incidence of the nocebo effect, simply because it's a topical. Constantly on these forums, you see people reporting on symptoms of gyno etc that simply can't occur in the timeframe stated, even if you injected the drug directly into your spine, and if they are experiencing those symptoms, they are strictly psychological. Finasteride is the modern day koro (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koro_(medicine)) for a lot of people. So maybe if it's being marketed as a topical, as a shampoo or foam or whatever, you'll see the total % of side effects go down, because the penis panic population will be reduced. Don't get me wrong, finasteride sides are real (it likes to turn my jizz into water, personally), but I bet the numbers go way down with P-3074 based on psychology alone.

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
There are studies showing how a topical can give less sides with the same effects as oral including blood levels not just placebos, saying thats not how the endocrine system works is an over simplified statement and dosent really give any detail as to why that would be true. Its still largely hypothesised to what extent finasteride could help locally but thats why getting the results to this would be very useful to many of us. Good point about Merck im not really sure whats going on there it dose make you think they would want a piece of the pie..

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do they need FDA approval for this ? Is there any probability that they will drop this if it can not beat the big 3 in terms of efficacy ?

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do they need FDA approval for this ? Is there any probability that they will drop this if it can not beat the big 3 in terms of efficacy ?
it has finished all 3 phases , if the results are good it will come out in a year or more

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
Why not test it yourself? Like i can remember the film was hydropropyl chitosan, which you can get nearly everywhere

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why not test it yourself? Like i can remember the film was hydropropyl chitosan, which you can get nearly everywhere
so you just get finasteride powder and mix it with the vehicle? or is there some special method ?

Last edited: