P-3074 (polichem Topical Finasteride) Phase Iii Just Ended.

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
so you just get finasteride powder and mix it with the vehicle? or is there some special method ?
yes as simple as that ...dont know why every1 waiting for this, it can actually be prepared by oneself

DanielDüsentrieb

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
their "promise" is to deliver a finasteride that won't go systemic. that (if possible) would be something interesting.

Systemic in this context means going into the bloodstream? If so, does someone know how it is supposed to work then for hairloss?

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Systemic in this context means going into the bloodstream? If so, does someone know how it is supposed to work then for hairloss?

A molecule that moulder after a certain time, or helped by a specific vehicle, to reduce scalp DHT and limit collateral damages in serum level.
Basically reduce DHT level only on scalp bloodstream.

In case of P-3074

Results: Change from baseline in scalp DHT was -70% for P-3074 o.d. and approx. -50% for P-3074 b.i.d. and the tablet. Serum DHT decreased by 60 - 70%. The doses of 100 and 200 μL P-3074 resulted in a -47/-52% scalp DHT reduction, similar to the 300 and 400 μL doses (i.e., -37/-54%). A -5.6% inhibition was observed for the vehicle. Serum DHT was reduced by only -24/-26% with 100 and 200 μL P-3074 and by -44/-48% with 300 and 400 μL P-3074. No relevant changes occurred for serum testosterone.

https://www.researchgate.net/public...one_in_healthy_men_with_androgenetic_alopecia

Very poor results if you ask me

br1

Reaction score
AFAIK DHT is produced by the body in the areas where it is used. So, it is produced in the tests and in the scalp(?). If so, by applying finasteride on the scalp and having it blocking the 5a-r enzyme only there, the patient would not suffer sexual sides but still block the DHT (in the scalp only).

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
AFAIK DHT is produced by the body in the areas where it is used. So, it is produced in the tests and in the scalp(?). If so, by applying finasteride on the scalp and having it blocking the 5a-r enzyme only there, the patient would not suffer sexual sides but still block the DHT (in the scalp only).
that is i believe the most important point of p3074 phase 3 , to evaluate with a double blind study if dht which is considered to be a pararine hormone (acting topically ) at least for the prostate ,acts the same way for the scalp , and how much the bloodstream levels of dht damage your hair
(Of course provided that they can replicate the phase 2 results for dht levels )

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A molecule that moulder after a certain time, or helped by a specific vehicle, to reduce scalp DHT and limit collateral damages in serum level.
Basically reduce DHT level only on scalp bloodstream.

In case of P-3074

Results: Change from baseline in scalp DHT was -70% for P-3074 o.d. and approx. -50% for P-3074 b.i.d. and the tablet. Serum DHT decreased by 60 - 70%. The doses of 100 and 200 μL P-3074 resulted in a -47/-52% scalp DHT reduction, similar to the 300 and 400 μL doses (i.e., -37/-54%). A -5.6% inhibition was observed for the vehicle. Serum DHT was reduced by only -24/-26% with 100 and 200 μL P-3074 and by -44/-48% with 300 and 400 μL P-3074. No relevant changes occurred for serum testosterone.

https://www.researchgate.net/public...one_in_healthy_men_with_androgenetic_alopecia

Very poor results if you ask me
how is that poor ? tablet inhibits 50 % scalp dht and 70 % serum , p3074 low dose inhibits ~ 50 % scalp and 25 % serum

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
DHT is produced in the gonads. Not in the scalp

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well finasteride inhibits 70% of both, so yeah it will limit sides, but efficiency aswell
well the same study concluded that oral finasteride only inhibits 50 % of scalp dht , and high dose topical finasteride 70 % of scalp dht . So either there was some statistical error from the real value of oral finasteride , or it indicates that topically it should work better in high doses ( w/o limiting sides ofc at these doses )

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Old, but gold

The effects of finasteride on scalp skin and serum androgen levels in men with androgenetic alopecia.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10495374

DutasterideFinasterideDHTReduction.jpg

DutasterideVersusFinasterideDosage.jpg

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do I understand correctly, the only thing is that they use a special vehicle that can minimize systemic effect and maximize scalp effect, therefore, less sides ? This took 5 years to develop ? (2015-2020)

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do I understand correctly, the only thing is that they use a special vehicle that can minimize systemic effect and maximize scalp effect, therefore, less sides ? This took 5 years to develop ? (2015-2020)
Since you need 5 years of fda testing what do you expect ? if you invent a drug tomorrow it will still take 5-6 years to come the market

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
Since you need 5 years of fda testing what do you expect ? if you invent a drug tomorrow it will still take 5-6 years to come the market

They 've been in phase 3 since 2015, so should be more than 5+ year. They are testing, we are dying.

Btw, 20+ years and no such new treatment invented. Only starting from 2015 (maybe), a lot of new "promising" treatment. Did they just realize that the balding industry is a cash cow industry ?