New Topical finasteride Study - Efficacy + Sides

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does nobody think that it could work?
dont think can work, and i see a problem with all this exogenous dht you introduce. you can end up depending on it.
i mean, if its for the quality of your life and you need it, take it, but just forget about dht inhibition.
its most likely that topical fina doesnt work in that environment anyway

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
dont think can work, and i see a problem with all this exogenous dht you introduce. you can end up depending on it.
i mean, if its for the quality of your life and you need it, take it, but just forget about dht inhibition.
its most likely that topical fina doesnt work in that environment anyway
It cant work. Hes putting pure DHT in his body. Finasteride only stops the conversion of testosterone to DHT. It doesnt destroy or block DHT directly

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It cant work. Hes putting pure DHT in his body. Finasteride only stops the conversion of testosterone to DHT. It doesnt destroy or block DHT directly
not only, i think it could most likely lead( like you and users said above) to testicular shoutdown of endogenous production

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
not only, i think it could most likely lead( like you and users said above) to testicular shoutdown of endogenous production

It definitely does that, though 70 mg per day as is used in that study is beyond all sanity dose-wise. I've used 1-2 mg of keto-DHT against gyno topically rather effectively, and it isn't even that harmful on hair in that dose.

Modill

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for worrying so much about my health.

I'm taking DHT under medical supervision because my body didn't produce enough to maintain erections, but enough to suffer hair loss

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It definitely does that, though 70 mg per day as is used in that study is beyond all sanity dose-wise. I've used 1-2 mg of keto-DHT against gyno topically rather effectively, and it isn't even that harmful on hair in that dose.
What is Keto-DHT?

I'm taking DHT under medical supervision because my body didn't produce enough to maintain erections, but enough to suffer hair loss
We dont say there is anything wrong with it. What we say is that finasteride cannot help you because finasteride only blocks the 5ar-enzyme. It doesnt block DHT directly. And you are taking pure DHT

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score

What is keto DHT?

Did you get any sexual effects?

CrimsonTide

My Regimen
Reaction score

Who knows? Maybe it's possible that if low dose finasteride topical has a greater local effect at the scalp than serum and one were to use a DHT gel (I'd suggest low dose) applied on the penis where the local effect was greater than the whole body blood effects, then maybe using both at the same time would have the desired effect at their local sites without having a significant negative effect throughout other parts of the body.

We will never know until someone tries it and if Modil is willing to try it, that's useful to everyone. I myself have thought about using low dose testosterone/DHT topically and low dose every other day finasteride topically myself but I'm more afraid of the finasteride than low dose topical DHT.

CrimsonTide

My Regimen
Reaction score
Topical finasteride with topical DHT?

Its like drinking water while u piss.

No, it's not actually. If one was to take both orally, then, yes, that would be the case.

If low dose topical finasteride is being applied on the scalp and low dose DHT is being applied on the penis, the whole point is trying to get a localized effect from each compound with reduced systemic effects.

No one will know what happens unless its studied or someone tries it.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, it's not actually. If one was to take both orally, then, yes, that would be the case.

If low dose topical finasteride is being applied on the scalp and low dose DHT is being applied on the penis, the whole point is trying to get a localized effect from each compound with reduced systemic effects.

How's that working out?

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Except he applies it on his shoulders and it works like a charm for him. I dont think the gel hes using is meant to have localized effect. Its there to go systemic.
What you say might work if we used a cream or a gel thats supposed to have a localized effect on the skin. In that case we could indeed have the best of both worlds. We could nuke our DHT topically and have working dicks.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
What is keto DHT?

Did you get any sexual effects?

Long half-life variant of DHT with equal androgen receptor potency. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/11-Ketodihydrotestosterone

I've had a mild increase in libido but it made me feel pretty kick-*** mentally, more sociable and dominant. I wish I could be like that all the time.

You want to tell us you run dht on your areolas and gyno went away? Cause that’s not how it works. But for the sake of argument could you post pics?

After Finasteride I was left with very puffy and bloated nipples. There was no hard glandular growth underneath. I've managed to shrink them a fair amount but not completely simply because, my hair loss has gotten worse in the past year and I'm trying to limit the damage so I don't use it that often. It probably wouldn't work if you have some serious gland growth, you'd need surgery. But for mild cases using 1-2 mg daily over 2-3 months can noticeably shrink it. I'll try to dig up some pictures of how it was over the weekend.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thought about trying this myself. I have been on Topical Finasteride for about 15 months. And I have come to terms with the fact it comes with sides. Much milder than my two attempts on Propecia but there’s no question it has had a negative impact on semen volume, less teste volume as well.

I’m trying to find a balance, urologist wants me to drop the Finasteride and repair with HCG injections. No matter what the hair got much worse while on the topical. I might drop the PG topical and go gel only. Too much hair still too apply on crown as gel. Mainly hit the hairline with it.

Urologist also said low dose T gel could help but fertility is a big concern. Would be great if it had a localized effect.

rambling but there could be something to this approach.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Urologist also said low dose T gel could help but fertility is a big concern. Would be great if it had a localized effect.
You are afraid that low dose testosterone might make you infertile?

INT

Reaction score
Thought about trying this myself. I have been on Topical Finasteride for about 15 months. And I have come to terms with the fact it comes with sides. Much milder than my two attempts on Propecia but there’s no question it has had a negative impact on semen volume, less teste volume as well.

I’m trying to find a balance, urologist wants me to drop the Finasteride and repair with HCG injections. No matter what the hair got much worse while on the topical. I might drop the PG topical and go gel only. Too much hair still too apply on crown as gel. Mainly hit the hairline with it.

rambling but there could be something to this approach.

Are those the only sides? What dosage/frequence are you currently using btw?

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Pros tool much. I use about a dropper to cover Norwood area and a pea or so of gel at the hairline.

Once a day. 1%. Diffuse NW1.5/2

Modill

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Who knows? Maybe it's possible that if low dose finasteride topical has a greater local effect at the scalp than serum and one were to use a DHT gel (I'd suggest low dose) applied on the penis where the local effect was greater than the whole body blood effects, then maybe using both at the same time would have the desired effect at their local sites without having a significant negative effect throughout other parts of the body.

We will never know until someone tries it and if Modil is willing to try it, that's useful to everyone. I myself have thought about using low dose testosterone/DHT topically and low dose every other day finasteride topically myself but I'm more afraid of the finasteride than low dose topical DHT.

Hi CrimsonTide,

- 6 years taking finas and 3 next years without finas:

DHT: 0,38ng/ml -> no libido during 3 years

- 2 months taking topical DHT 2,5 on shoulder and forehead

DHT: 1,2ng/m (a bit hight)l -> good libido

- 3 weeks DHT only in shoulders and 1ml topical finas 0,5% twice a day -> libido getting down

- Actually DHT only in shoulders and 1ml topical finas 0,5% once a day -> libido improving

When I do new analysis I will tell you

Regards

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
similar experience. only hope is the t or DHT doesn’t overwhelm any benefit of the Finasteride. Really comes down to local benefit while maintaining a healthy balance systemically.