New Topical finasteride Study - Efficacy + Sides

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have 2 versions. 1% in PG from a US pharmacy and the lipsomal from Italy. Just impossible to get the gel on the crown.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There was a comment from a guy in another thread who said something along hte lines of "my topical finasteride didnt do anything until i added DMI".
the hecks DMI?

topicalthunder

My Regimen
Reaction score
There was a comment from a guy in another thread who said something along hte lines of "my topical finasteride didnt do anything until i added DMI".
the hecks DMI?

Quick google search showed: Dimethyl isosorbide. Looks to be something to enhance absorption. Most likely bogus, as finasteride doesn’t need anything to enhance absorption afaik. Most are trying to develop a system to reduce finasteride absorption to allow it to sit just in the scalp?

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick google search showed: Dimethyl isosorbide. Looks to be something to enhance absorption. Most likely bogus, as finasteride doesn’t need anything to enhance absorption afaik. Most are trying to develop a system to reduce finasteride absorption to allow it to sit just in the scalp?
I dont know. The guys in that thread are battling hairloss on steroids and swear on it

BMax

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a few questions for those that are very educated on here.

I have been on topical fina 0.25% and 5% minoxidil for about a year and have been able to maintain on it.

The thing that i dont underatand is this vehicle stuff.

Mine is pg free because pg made my scalp extremely flakey and itchy. I dont have that with pg free.

I dont know what else is in the solution, i get it compounded by a pharamacy and have a prescription for it.

I was told that minoxidil helps with absorbtion.

Does pg or the vehicle what ever that means do anything else for absorbtion, why use pg?

One regret i have is not getting blood tests to compare dht levels over time.

Btw i do not have side effects on the topical and it is applied once oer day 1ml. Lately i have been using a little more than 1ml as my hair is longer so been using more to make sure getting good contact with the scalp

I am also wondering why more people dont use topical fina is it the expense? Most studies i have seen suggest that .25% o.d is the same as 1mg but actually blocks more in the scalp

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a few questions for those that are very educated on here.

I have been on topical fina 0.25% and 5% minoxidil for about a year and have been able to maintain on it.

The thing that i dont underatand is this vehicle stuff.

Mine is pg free because pg made my scalp extremely flakey and itchy. I dont have that with pg free.

I dont know what else is in the solution, i get it compounded by a pharamacy and have a prescription for it.

I was told that minoxidil helps with absorbtion.

Does pg or the vehicle what ever that means do anything else for absorbtion, why use pg?

One regret i have is not getting blood tests to compare dht levels over time.

Btw i do not have side effects on the topical and it is applied once oer day 1ml. Lately i have been using a little more than 1ml as my hair is longer so been using more to make sure getting good contact with the scalp

I am also wondering why more people dont use topical fina is it the expense? Most studies i have seen suggest that .25% o.d is the same as 1mg but actually blocks more in the scalp

If its being compounded by a pharmacy then i imagine the vehicle is fine. PG is just used because its an easily accessible and cheap solvent that is generally well tolerated. Penetration with finasteride shouldn't be a big issue because of the drugs potency however ideally you could have the pharmacy create a liposomal solution (ethosomes) which would help with penetration quite significantly but also increase systemic absorption.

I personally dont use topical finasteride because to truly cover my scalp i need about 8-10ml of liquid and because of how varied absorption rates are i would have no way of knowing how much is actually being absorbed into my blood stream.

paul1988

Established Member
Reaction score
If its being compounded by a pharmacy then i imagine the vehicle is fine. PG is just used because its an easily accessible and cheap solvent that is generally well tolerated. Penetration with finasteride shouldn't be a big issue because of the drugs potency however ideally you could have the pharmacy create a liposomal solution (ethosomes) which would help with penetration quite significantly but also increase systemic absorption.

I personally dont use topical finasteride because to truly cover my scalp i need about 8-10ml of liquid and because of how varied absorption rates are i would have no way of knowing how much is actually being absorbed into my blood stream.

8-10ml??!! Who are you, Jimmy Neutron?

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
8-10ml??!! Who are you, Jimmy Neutron?

Haha I make about 8 partings from one side to the other crown to front . Use 1ml going down the line to make sure my scalp is properly covered.

And yes I’m Jimmy Neutron.

Modill

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

Is it the same 1ml of topical finas 0,5% once daily than 1ml twice daily at 0,25%?

Thanks

Modill

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
how's going with the dht gel?

It’s fine, I have recovered all my libido and it’s like when I was 18.

Since I feel recovered, I started to use topical finasteride and my hair is improving, but my libido is decreasing a bit. I am trying to find a balance.

I have sold my DHT to 2 members of this forum and Spanish forum and they feel much better as well.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
HCG was my option to recover. Hair got much worse. Thinner all over including safe areas.

Arne Reyns

My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s fine, I have recovered all my libido and it’s like when I was 18.

Since I feel recovered, I started to use topical finasteride and my hair is improving, but my libido is decreasing a bit. I am trying to find a balance.

I have sold my DHT to 2 members of this forum and Spanish forum and they feel much better as well.

Hey Modill. How much topical finas do you use? I am now using like +- 0.07 every 2-3 days, growing slowly, finding a balance. I hope a small dose like that would work long term. Beside that I am also using zix (once a day) and oral saw palmetto (once a day).

Was your hair loss agressive and what other things do you use?

Thanks.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. My dick is almost entirely back to normal but receded about .5 inches diffuse since November, diffuse.

I still use topical Finasteride and oral minoxidil the HCG off set the sides but probably overwhelmed the Finasteride.

I think it’s more testosterone than DHT burning away my hair

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What dosage of topical finasteride are you using? The chances of side effects are very low unless you are using the retarded italian version from pharmacia parrati.