New Topical finasteride Study - Efficacy + Sides

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m using the Italian but at 1% not the 2.5%

What a surprise.

You are using topical finasteride with 10-20x more dosage than what is suggested in clinical studies. What a surprise that you get side effects from it. You're overdosing yousellf to s***.

Throw that s*** in the bin and get a proper topical finasteride product.

Makaveli1988

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What a surprise.

You are using topical finasteride with 10-20x more dosage than what is suggested in clinical studies. What a surprise that you get side effects from it. You're overdosing yousellf to s***.

Like?

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
What a surprise.

Well even with the possible overdose it isn’t working for me. What do you consider a proper? I have a compounded PGE 1% as well. Was using .5 for a year. nothing...

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well even with the possible overdose it isn’t working for me. What do you consider a proper? I have a compounded PGE 1% as well. Was using .5 for a year. nothing...

Not sure what you've tried, but not everyone is a responder to finasteride (regardless if its oral/topical).

Modill

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

I wanted to tell you about my progress using topical finas and DHT gel 2,5%, because it's quite good.

I started using topical finas once a day 0,5% and applied some DHT to my shoulders every day so that the DHT in my blood didn't get low levels.

My hair is getting stronger and I am maintaining my libido, so I started using topical finas twice a day instead of once (always topical at 0.5%) and within two weeks my libido had decreased a lot.

I got scared and stopped using finas at all, but kept using DHT daily, and after two days I was fully recover! I can't believe it!

Now I keep using finas once a day, and I put DHT on my shoulders day in day out, in order to not to introduce so much DHT into my body and affect my hair, and at the moment I have 100% libido and more hair every day.

I think I found the balance ;)

INT

Reaction score
Hi,

I wanted to tell you about my progress using topical finas and DHT gel 2,5%, because it's quite good.

I started using topical finas once a day 0,5% and applied some DHT to my shoulders every day so that the DHT in my blood didn't get low levels.

My hair is getting stronger and I am maintaining my libido, so I started using topical finas twice a day instead of once (always topical at 0.5%) and within two weeks my libido had decreased a lot.

I got scared and stopped using finas at all, but kept using DHT daily, and after two days I was fully recover! I can't believe it!

Now I keep using finas once a day, and I put DHT on my shoulders day in day out, in order to not to introduce so much DHT into my body and affect my hair, and at the moment I have 100% libido and more hair every day.

For how lang have you been doing this if I may ask?

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

What you could try is taking St. John's wort. From what I understand it makes you metabolize finasteride faster. I've taken it before and i think it would work. Anyway I would try that but I'm currently taking medication that conflicts with it. My plan before was to use topical finasteride and ingest sjw to clear it internally. Thoughts?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/19073252/

Last edited:

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure what you've tried, but not everyone is a responder to finasteride (regardless if its oral/topical).
Yeah I really have only regressed on topical Finasteride but it is as far as I can go AA wise. Sides on oral. Have topical Dutasteride but don’t think I can take that step.

Curious about CB, tried RU but couldn’t really tell.

I have noticed any T gel or HCG starts to destroy hair fast. Definitely helps sides though. Such horrible decision to make. Sweet spot is that balance fighting the hair topically and keeping DHT normal systemically. That Dereck guy seems to have a decede plan.

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

dude are you aware that exogenous androgens have the risk of leaving you infertile and with testicular atrophy?? geez pal scary stuff
why don't you just use an aromatase inhibitor?? much more safer

Arne Reyns

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys I am confused about the topical finasteride dosage. Someone said 1% (the one Farmacia Parati sells) is completely overdosed. But what dies that 1% mean? It's not like 1mg every application?

If I want to try microdose with 0.1g each application every 3 days. What % finas should I ask?

(They told me it's €50 for 30g finas of 1%)

And dies anyone really understand if Liquid or Gel is better? A hair doctor told me that the Gel is made to break in the skin so it doesnt get systematic easily and now I read the opposite in this forum..

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys I am confused about the topical finasteride dosage. Someone said 1% (the one Farmacia Parati sells) is completely overdosed. But what dies that 1% mean? It's not like 1mg every application?

If I want to try microdose with 0.1g each application every 3 days. What % finas should I ask?

(They told me it's €50 for 30g finas of 1%)

And dies anyone really understand if Liquid or Gel is better? A hair doctor told me that the Gel is made to break in the skin so it doesnt get systematic easily and now I read the opposite in this forum..
No. If you want to 1mg finasteride 2xday you would dissolve 60mg of finasteride in 60ml of solution. That would give you 0.1% which is 1mg of finasteride per 1ml of application. For example I don’t want to use that much finasteride. I’m going to be applying 0.025% solution one time every 3 days to try and prevent sides.
*Also taking an aromatase inhibitor the day of and after application of finasteride to help prevent sides as well.

Last edited:

INT

Reaction score
No. If you want to 1mg finasteride 2xday you would dissolve 60mg of finasteride in 60ml of solution. That would give you 0.1% which is 1mg of finasteride per 1ml of application. For example I don’t want to use that much finasteride. I’m going to be applying 0.025% solution one time every 3 days to try and prevent sides.
*Also taking an aromatase inhibitor the day of and after application of finasteride to help prevent sides as well.

Which AI are you taking?