New Topical finasteride Study - Efficacy + Sides

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am still wondering why polichem is pushing for liposomal fina in 2020/2021 when providing no proof that their solution is less systemic.

They underwent all drug development phases, spent big money on this while topical finasteride was already on the market (even liposomal with pharmacy parati in Italy) and not very successful.

I don't get it. Please solve this conundrum. You have 4 fours.

Last edited:

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
try this
and stay at 0,005%
im sensitive as you to dht blockers
do you use microneedling? its helpful

Yeah, I am currently needling with minoxidil.

Do you get your topical from Farmacia Parati?

Last edited:

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am still wondering why polichem is pushing for liposomal fina in 2020/2021 when providing no proof that their solution is less systemic.

They underwent all drug development phases, spent big money on this while topical finasteride was already on the market (even liposomal with pharmacy parati in Italy) and not very successful.

I don't get it. Please solve this conundrum. You have 4 fours.

I see I am not the only one...

dimtanec

My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you think about topical dutasteride? Will it be better then finasteride? I heard that in Europe do mesotherapy with it

Arne Reyns

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, I still have some Finasteride pills which I stopped taking because of sides. I will maybe to try Finas topical. Can I just mix the pills with alcohol and distilled water? Or should I put it in my other hair topical ('grow gorgeous')? Ideas?

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why did you switch from PG solution to liposomal in the first place? What's your concentration?

If PG wasn't working, I would say it's OK to shed with liposomal and you will most likely recover it if you maintain the treatment. How are the sides, though (for PG, Liposomal and oral)?
Almost no sides on the PG for a year at .50 still
shed and declined. Thought the lipsomal was superior in terms of a. Side effect profile b. Reduction of tissue DHT.

sides hit hard along with big shed since starting oral and continued topical use.

Jimmerson

My Regimen
Reaction score
The liposomal does seem like a crap shoot, no studies done really, and polichem surely won't release their formula. The paretti stuff seems crazy high dosage too.

Lucky_Luciano

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How to get that Parrati liposomal finasteride? I would maybe give it a try. Can it be ordered from them without perscription and shipped in the EU? And when is the polichem finasteride meant to go on the market?? If they already were admitted by the FDA that should not take so long right? If it only comes out in a year that would not make much sense, because Breezula will be available in around 2 years, so they probably wouldnt sell long.

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How to get that Parrati liposomal finasteride? I would maybe give it a try. Can it be ordered from them without perscription and shipped in the EU? And when is the polichem finasteride meant to go on the market?? If they already were admitted by the FDA that should not take so long right? If it only comes out in a year that would not make much sense, because Breezula will be available in around 2 years, so they probably wouldnt sell long.

i) Breezula is estimated for 2023 ;
ii) There are solid reasons to believe Breezula will not be as efficient as finasteride but rather side-effect "free" (or less) ;
iii) Parrati only sells liposomal finasteride with prescription ;
iv) Parrati is Italian, so they do ship to EU ;
v) Polichem should be on the market (if approved by FDA/EMA) by end of Q3/Q4 2020.

I honestly don't know what pushed Almirall and Polichem to release this drug. As far as we know, at high concentration (0,25% equivalent to 1 mg), topical finasteride has the same impact on serum DHT as oral finasteride. Nobody knows yet at what final concentration Polichem will put its drug on the market.

We have talked about it for a long time now but the only good thing is the study they performed with low dose topical finasteride (attached). The main finding is that concentration of 0.025% induces a drop of c. 50% of scalp DHT while serum DHT only dropped by 25%. It is, however, shown that at high concentration (around 0.25%), topical finasteride has the same impact on serum DHT as oral finasteride. The thing is, we are not even sure scalp DHT is what is causing hair loss...

This being said, I am actually discussing with my tricho the possibility of a 0.025% finasteride topical solution.

Attachments

• 17-Caserini_Int_J_Clin_Pharmacol_Ther_2016.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 635

Lucky_Luciano

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i) Breezula is estimated for 2023 ;
ii) There are solid reasons to believe Breezula will not be as efficient as finasteride but rather side-effect "free" (or less) ;
iii) Parrati only sells liposomal finasteride with prescription ;
iv) Parrati is Italian, so they do ship to EU ;
v) Polichem should be on the market (if approved by FDA/EMA) by end of Q3/Q4 2020.

I honestly don't know what pushed Almirall and Polichem to release this drug. As far as we know, at high concentration (0,25% equivalent to 1 mg), topical finasteride has the same impact on serum DHT as oral finasteride. Nobody knows yet at what final concentration Polichem will put its drug on the market.

We have talked about it for a long time now but the only good thing is the study they performed with low dose topical finasteride (attached). The main finding is that concentration of 0.025% induces a drop of c. 50% of scalp DHT while serum DHT only dropped by 25%. It is, however, shown that at high concentration (around 0.25%), topical finasteride has the same impact on serum DHT as oral finasteride. The thing is, we are not even sure scalp DHT is what is causing hair loss...

This being said, I am actually discussing with my tricho the possibility of a 0.025% finasteride topical solution.

Yea, you're right. Thanks for the answer! I would then wait till than and use nowadays side effects free stuff like NGF574 and hope I will not go completely bald till 2021. Then i could start Almirall, then add Samumed and that would probably give good regrowth and then switch Almirall to safer Breezula. If that would not be enough add using Follicas device and that would be an ultimative combo. And then just wait a bit for RCH01 and eliminate baldness and stay with amazing hair. Hope the plan will work.

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea, you're right. Thanks for the answer! I would then wait till than and use nowadays side effects free stuff like NGF574 and hope I will not go completely bald till 2021. Then i could start Almirall, then add Samumed and that would probably give good regrowth and then switch Almirall to safer Breezula. If that would not be enough add using Follicas device and that would be an ultimative combo. And then just wait a bit for RCH01 and eliminate baldness and stay with amazing hair. Hope the plan will work.

No problem buddy. If I may add:

i) NGF574 is a scam, don't waste your money on it (it's Trinov 2.0).
ii) If your plan is to go for Almirall's P-3074 at market release, you might as well just hop on topical finasteride right now as it's already available (either way, you will need a prescription).
iii) What's the point of having a plan when things never go as planned. People have been expecting treatments for decades, and in 2005, they were already betting on "a next year better treatment". While I am as enthusiastic as you are when it comes to future treatments, I will always say it's better to act now than to expect something that might never come. Disappointment are way too common in the hair loss industry.

Lucky_Luciano

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No problem buddy. If I may add:

i) NGF574 is a scam, don't waste your money on it (it's Trinov 2.0).
ii) If your plan is to go for Almirall's P-3074 at market release, you might as well just hop on topical finasteride right now as it's already available (either way, you will need a prescription).
iii) What's the point of having a plan when things never go as planned. People have been expecting treatments for decades, and in 2005, they were already betting on "a next year better treatment". While I am as enthusiastic as you are when it comes to future treatments, I will always say it's better to act now than to expect something that might never come. Disappointment are way too common in the hair loss industry.

But how to act now? All the actual proven treatments are way too dangerous and heal one but maim the other. If I would start minoxidil I could then not come off later because all hair will be lost and probably not to regrow anymore. Finasteride is scary as hell, and to be bald is not good, but bearable, but to be bald with screwed up hormones is a nightmare. Risk is to high, and even if you will not get any noticeable side effects, there could develop other changes. And you've got nobody but yourself to fault. And i also think that using of those old but effective treatments will then decrease chances for a good outcome with nextgen treatments.

Lucky_Luciano

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel you. If I had an answer to this question, I would not be here.

I would say minoxidil is fine though. You could give it a try.
But whats the point of minoxidil if it stops working after 2 years and you're hair get worse than without it? Except this minoxidil is not side effects free too, they just arent so severe as finasteride, but hypertrichosis, hearth palpations and as some mention skin aging aint nice as well. Do you think you will be able to drop it when something new comes out, or are you ready to use for the whole life as long it works?