New Topical finasteride Study - Efficacy + Sides

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, I still have some Finasteride pills which I stopped taking because of sides. I will maybe to try Finas topical. Can I just mix the pills with alcohol and distilled water? Or should I put it in my other hair topical ('grow gorgeous')? Ideas?

It’s better to use it in mixture of 50% propylene glycol, 30% ethanol alcohol and 20% distilled water.

smtbbcn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can u describe the side effects u had grom both?

Oral finasteride
Fat deposit around chest/waist and itchy nips
Mild depression/bad mood
Watery semen
ED (sometimes)
Lower Libido
No night/morning wood
Slight decrease in energy

Topical finasteride
Fat deposit around chest and waist as oral but no itchy nips
Mood seems fine with topical
Semen still white
No sign of ED so far
Libido better than oral but still lower than baseline
Energy levels seems ok
Night/Morning wood is here most of days

And progress with topical slower than oral but its consistent.

Arne Reyns

My Regimen
Reaction score
That sounds like a big improvement to me. But how long have you been using both of them? And what is ED? Im mostly afraid of depression/brain fog which I had from oral finasteride.

Lucky_Luciano

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oral finasteride
Fat deposit around chest/waist and itchy nips
Mild depression/bad mood
Watery semen
ED (sometimes)
Lower Libido
No night/morning wood
Slight decrease in energy

Topical finasteride
Fat deposit around chest and waist as oral but no itchy nips
Mood seems fine with topical
Semen still white
No sign of ED so far
Libido better than oral but still lower than baseline
Energy levels seems ok
Night/Morning wood is here most of days

And progress with topical slower than oral but its consistent.

Holy sh*t, is hair worth it? Fat deposits around chest seem scary, thats women type of fat deposit.

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Farmacia Parati are charging 50.00 EUR (+ shipping cost) for 30ml. It's a complete ripoff. Also their finasteride gel is 2.5% which is too strong. Better sources of topical finasteride elsewhere for less than half the price or make your own.

smtbbcn

My Regimen
Reaction score
That sounds like a big improvement to me. But how long have you been using both of them? And what is ED? Im mostly afraid of depression/brain fog which I had from oral finasteride.

ED is you lost erection randomly during sex. And numb penile sometimes.

Oral finasteride i use for 2.5 month, sides kick in very first few weeks, ive waited to sides subside but it wont so i stopped.

Topical for 4 month.

Holy sh*t, is hair worth it? Fat deposits around chest seem scary, thats women type of fat deposit.

Yes its worth, if u watch the diet and workout, fat gains is manageable.

Farmacia Parati are charging 50.00 EUR (+ shipping cost) for 30ml. It's a complete ripoff. Also their finasteride gel is 2.5% which is too strong. Better sources of topical finasteride elsewhere for less than half the price or make your own.

Its pretty easy to make it own, yes.

difus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You could buy from minoxidilmax?

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What product are you using? I’m thinking of using the 0,05% solution but I want to get a blood test done first which is not so easy in Sweden...

Essengen-6 plus, it has 0.05% finasteride and 6% minoxidil. I apply 0.50ml every day (to get the 0.25mg).

Been using for two months now. Never got any sides or anything.

My only concern is that I will likely need to apply more than 0.50ml to cover the scalp when I have longer hair. If I apply 1ml daily that would be 0.50mg which should be fine as well but I rather stick to the lower dose.

difus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Essengen-6 plus, it has 0.05% finasteride and 6% minoxidil. I apply 0.50ml every day (to get the 0.25mg).

My only concern is that I will likely need to apply more than 0.50ml to cover the scalp when I have longer hair. If I apply 1ml daily that would be 0.50mg which should be fine as well but I rather stick to the lower dose.
Same product that I intend to buy! Keep us updated with your progress!

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But whats the point of minoxidil if it stops working after 2 years and you're hair get worse than without it? Except this minoxidil is not side effects free too, they just arent so severe as finasteride, but hypertrichosis, hearth palpations and as some mention skin aging aint nice as well. Do you think you will be able to drop it when something new comes out, or are you ready to use for the whole life as long it works?
As far as i know the only reason it "stops" working is because the androgens in your body are winning the "battle" and are doing more damage to your follicles, than minoxidil can grow them.
Meaning, use any topical AA and you should be fine

Jimmerson

My Regimen
Reaction score

You could just thin it out with eth + pg + distilled water. I'm dead certain that's all they use for a vehicle.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
hello difus im from sweden myself and I have checked out that topical finasteride+minoxidil from minoxidillmax. oral fina gives me super dry eyes, basically my eyes are super sensitive to DHT blockers. even high dose of pumpkin seed oil at 4000-5000mg daily gives me eye problems eventually. when I first started finasteride I took normal dose 1mg day and after 1 month my eyes were so dry u wouldnt believe. dropped fina and 4 days my eyes were back to normal. so never touching oral ever again. and mind you I tried oral fina at lower dose and less days still saw the eye problems. but hearing that topicall fina will enter the bloodstream worries me I doubt my eyes could handle it, when it can barely handle oral pumpkin seed oil pills. also what it concering is the fact that the last time I gave minoxidill another chance it seriously gave me ED. I kept losing my erections while on it something I have never experienced ONCE in my life. when I dropped the minoxidill it took 2 weeks for my penis to work normally again. I know it was the minoxidill theres no doubt about that because ever since that day I havent had any problems with losing my erection EVER. it was happening 24/7 everytime I masturbated while on minoxidil I kept losing my erection. I read minoxidil does something to the androgen receptors, also could be bloodpressure related I dont know, but fact is many others have experienced ED on minoxdill aswell so I believe it was the culprit. Please Difus keep me updated on your use of minoxidillmax product. maybe we can talk on steam? would like to have contact with you.

Last edited:

Arne Reyns

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thats why minoxidil should be used along with zinc, copper and iron, which are crucial for collagen production

Hey! I find your idea quite interesting. I also had serious sides from oral finasteride and I will probably try the same low dosed topical finas in the near future. Can I ask if u are also using other treatments/products? And how your situation was before you started the treatment? Did it really stop hair loss or is it just prevention.

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey! I find your idea quite interesting. I also had serious sides from oral finasteride and I will probably try the same low dosed topical finas in the near future. Can I ask if u are also using other treatments/products? And how your situation was before you started the treatment? Did it really stop hair loss or is it just prevention.
hey there,
there's a post somewhere with my pictures (which are far from being professionals), but yes, i gained some density with dermarolling+ minoxidil, and i apply mazzarella (0,005%) finasteride 2ml a day to maintain. its below flat response, a minimal dosage and i dont have any issues (i had them with oral).I'm considering to add to the minoxidl solution the valproic acid (that i suspect is part of the follica protocol). i've posted some studies about it.
here some:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3323655/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29554482
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/325580930_Topical_valproate_solution_for_hair_growth
https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01548066

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022202X17315555

Last edited:

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what sides did you get from oral finasteride ?