New Topical finasteride Study - Efficacy + Sides

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where is it possible to get topical finasteride? but just pure topical finasteride, without minoxidil?

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where is it possible to get topical finasteride? but just pure topical finasteride, without minoxidil?

Farmacia Parati only add minoxidil if you ask for it, you need a private prescription though.

SomeoneHasToSayIt

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have people tried crushing the tablets and dissolving? That was initially my plan, but I'm now a bit concerned about fillers mucking with the yield (which could be significant at these low quantities).

Jimmerson

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was using 0.05% with minoxidil, I was applying about 2ml once a day all over my scalp as I am a diffuse thinner.

I suppose I could try this but I felt pretty awful when the sides appeared, they cleared up within a couple of days of stopping though.

I know minoxmax recommends twice a day but that's a pretty hefty dose. I'm using once a day with no sides for a month or so, but impossible to relate to you since our skin is quite different. I struggle to draw blood with 1.5mm dermaroller so I think I probably have thick scalp skin limiting how much fina gets in.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
So Merk it knew it all the time, but, just cause Marketing, this a**h** release it as a pill. Simple incredible.

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was using 0.05% with minoxidil, I was applying about 2ml once a day all over my scalp as I am a diffuse thinner.

I suppose I could try this but I felt pretty awful when the sides appeared, they cleared up within a couple of days of stopping though.
try this
and stay at 0,005%
im sensitive as you to dht blockers
do you use microneedling? its helpful

JohnP

My Regimen
Reaction score
Now that Polichem has finished their trials on topical finasteride has anyone heard any updates? I’m assuming they now have to file with the FDA but that could take a year before it comes to market, maybe because it’s an existing drug it will get approved sooner?

Breyfogle

Established Member
Reaction score
Now that Polichem has finished their trials on topical finasteride has anyone heard any updates? I’m assuming they now have to file with the FDA but that could take a year before it comes to market, maybe because it’s an existing drug it will get approved sooner?

They got bought by Almirall. Their phase 3 ended on 3/18. Submission for product approval in Europe in Q4 19.

"The top-line Phase III results for ALM12845 (androgenic alopecia) in the EU show statistical significance for the primary end-point (Change of Target Area Hair Count) at week 24. We expect the submission in Europe of ALM12845/P-3074 in Q4 2019

JohnP

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ahh ok that helps I was able to find an update in their 9M 2019 Business Update page:

- Finasteride (androgenic alopecia) submitted to EMA in September;

looks like they are ahead of schedule, hopefully approved soon and it can be shipped to North America

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ahh ok that helps I was able to find an update in their 9M 2019 Business Update page:

- Finasteride (androgenic alopecia) submitted to EMA in September;

looks like they are ahead of schedule, hopefully approved soon and it can be shipped to North America

If I remember well, the EMA takes roughly 1 year to approve a drug - while FDA takes on average 10 months. I'd expect the market launch for Q4 2020 (IF APPROVED).

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Was a year on .5 in PG solution compounded. Switched to Lipsomal and began a huge shed/thinning. After a month I freaked out and added Propecia .5mg daily and switched back to the solution.

Anyone have experience with changes to topcial and thinning? My drop off from October 9 until today is shocking and I’m freaking out. I always shed a ton but the hair still locked the same but felt worst. Now I’m looking at scalp. How long to know if I’m not responding or if any of this can recover?

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Was a year on .5 in PG solution compounded. Switched to Lipsomal and began a huge shed/thinning. After a month I freaked out and added Propecia .5mg daily and switched back to the solution.

Anyone have experience with changes to topcial and thinning? My drop off from October 9 until today is shocking and I’m freaking out. I always shed a ton but the hair still locked the same but felt worst. Now I’m looking at scalp. How long to know if I’m not responding or if any of this can recover?

Why did you switch from PG solution to liposomal in the first place? What's your concentration?

If PG wasn't working, I would say it's OK to shed with liposomal and you will most likely recover it if you maintain the treatment. How are the sides, though (for PG, Liposomal and oral)?

INT

Reaction score
try this
and stay at 0,005%
im sensitive as you to dht blockers
do you use microneedling? its helpful

This is what I might want to try again at one point, but then starting with 2 applications per week and take it from there.

Timpson12

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sorry if this has already been covered in the thread, but what is the vehicle? I'm assuming some sort of ethanol / PG ratio?
Finasteride readily dissolves in Ethanol. So Minoxidil is probably easiest.

inmyhead

Reaction score
This report states that topical finasteride was submitted to EMA.

https://www.almirall.com/documents/...dfd1-cc64b62cf922?version=1.0&t=1573458894647

Finasteride and Terbinafine were both submitted to the EMA: Finasteride (ALM12845) is a cutaneous spray solution demonstrated to be safe and effective in the treatment of androgenic alopecia, while Terbinafine (ALM12834) is indicated for the topical treatment of onychomycosis.

Ok, I googled a bit one article claims that approval is expected late 2020 or early 2021...

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been using essegen 6 with finasteride for about a year with good results. Just ordered this 7% product to try.
https://www.minoxidilmax.com/maxogen-x
I don't work for the company, just someone whos hairless was stopped by using their products. Well see if this can give me another boost in regrowth.