72.8 KB · Views: 451
  • Screenshot_20191106_081110_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191106_081110_com.android.chrome.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 397

dale2

My Regimen
Reaction score
How can i get this topical?
...the one in the 1997 study? It's a very straightforward solution, any compounding pharmacy should be able to prepare it.
EDIT: I haven't seen such a low concentration used in any other study...

Last edited:

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
...the one in the 1997 study? It's a very straightforward solution, any compounding pharmacy should be able to prepare it.
EDIT: I haven't seen such a low concentration used in any other study...
There's no such concentration because few months later propecia came out and we all jumped in...didnt seem necessary

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I want to try it but i live In mid east they don’t prepare things here can i order it online from any pharmacy?
Yes, a big one like paratti, cause you need them to make a galenic formulation at your personal dosage. Dont know about Alldaychemist.

just dont go with topical finasteride at other formulations

ps. with paratti you need a prescription like any other finasteride medication (even if its at 0,005%) .

dont think alldaychemist need it...

dale2

My Regimen
Reaction score
There's no such concentration because few months later propecia came out and we all jumped in...didnt seem necessary

..yes, it's an interesting story, it was a pioneering study and at least some recent papers do reference it, but for some reason they all went for higher concentrations and no one tried to replicate the original results. If oral fina works from 0.2 mg, maybe a much lower concentration could still work topically..

Last edited:

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
..yes, it's an interesting story, it was a pioneering study and at least some recent papers do reference it, but for some reason they all went for higher concentrations and no one tried to replicate the original results. We know that oral fina works from 0.2 mg, so it makes sense to me that a lower concentration could work topically..
weird fact: the person that conducted this study stopped researching after propecia launch, and started private consulting as dermatologist.

maybe without propecia we could have had a different opinion of finasteride.

Last edited:

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You local pharmacy, if you need help let me know

I've seen you positing in several threads about the Mazzarella topical.

For how long have you been using it (0,005% concentration if I am correct)? What are the results? Any side effect?

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not saying I'm the first to find it, just dropping it here since this seems to be one of the more active topical finasteride threads. Are you using this formulation? Thoughts on the study?
wasnt accusing you of anything, of course...
yes im on it since i dropped oral finasteride after like 17 years...
its 9 months.
my thoughts?
liposomal and other carriers arent proved to be beneficial when we talk about finasteride. this person (the person who conducted the study) is a very well respected dermatologist who helped many people. this means something. there isnt any business behind him.
i have managed to mantain the kind of hair i like, and im happy.
dermarolling and minoxidil helped somehow.
my mood is incredibly better at this minimal dosage.
this is me 3yrs ago (First two pics)

And now after 9 months without propecia.

ps. for filthy francis:no sides of any kind (i had them with propecia, and there were severe)

Attachments

• IMG_20191106_182536.jpg
    IMG_20191106_182536.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 1,226
  • IMG_20191106_182618.png
    IMG_20191106_182618.png
    427.1 KB · Views: 1,146
  • IMG_20191106_180639.jpg
    IMG_20191106_180639.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 1,138
  • IMG_20191106_180615.jpg
    IMG_20191106_180615.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 1,172
  • IMG_20191106_180358.jpg
    IMG_20191106_180358.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 1,211
Last edited:

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And now after 9 months without propecia.

ps. for filthy francis:no sides of any kind

Nice to hear man. You have a great hairline.

Don't you have any shedding on topical? Is it a proper maintenance solution to you?

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice to hear man. You have a great hairline.

Don't you have any shedding on topical? Is it a proper maintenance solution to you?
i had a shedding when i dermarolled with minoxidil.
prior to that, minoxidil didnt do anything for me (used for 10 years)

manteinance?

to me, if you want to use propecia and have sides with oral (and i had them) its the only solution.

dermarolling + minoxidil help too

Last edited:

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure if Ive seen this study yet or not as it was from July but great find either way. Could you find a link to the full study with the pictures etc?

This is more evidence that we could have an almost side effect free or at least largely reduced level of side effect form of maintenance available to us right now. Heres the study, heres the positive results....

Still blows my mind how not everyone is trying this on this forum, it could save alot of people some pain..

still blows my mind nobody knows where to buy this magical combo?!?

SomeoneHasToSayIt

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sweet. Please upload some photos or a video of you doing it - I’m a game designer and gardener not a chemist

Neither am I lol. Take a look at the RU and CB mixing vids.

I'm sorry if this has already been covered in the thread, but what is the vehicle? I'm assuming some sort of ethanol / PG ratio?

OP says ethanol, PG, and water for his study, and the one I linked uses the same ("consisting of 50% ethyl alcohol, 25%
propylene glycol, and 25% distilled water").

I don't think proportions need to be super precise. You just need to dissolve the finasteride in ethanol and mix in a bit of PG to keep the solution from evaporating immediately and to hold it to the scalp.