New Topical finasteride Study - Efficacy + Sides

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Everything goes systematic anyway, so be careful man.
The think is the % that it goes systemic .
Back in 2002, the combo oral minoxidil plus oral spironolactone was the thing, So, I tried it . Oral Spironolactone is the main drug that cause Gynecomastia, and, Ofcourse , I got it. Real Gyno, not fat . If you think that loose your hair is bad, imagine what is having nipples like a women. So I had to go under surgery. An interesting thing is that they don't remove the whole gland, meaning, if you us it again, it will give you gyno again.
THEN , after the surgery, I started Spironolactone cream, and it didn't gave me gynecomastia, I sill use it .
So, it depend on many things. In general this topical use are safe : minoxidil , azelaic acid, tretinoin , spironolactone, etc

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good you got it sorted, but why would you go on ORAL spironolactone in the first place? That's just crazy.

dale2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought the whole point of liposomal was for less systemic absorption?

I thought so too. From what I have read, H&W set the standard concentration to 2.5%, asked FP to reduce systemic absorption, and they came up with a liposomal gel. But if liposomes are actually a means to increase penetration, the effect was to improve efficacy, not reduce systemic absorption... Maybe we should try a 0.05% version of the liposomal gel.

Last edited:

Maxx79

My Regimen
Reaction score

How's the Minoxidilmax 6% + 0,05% (Essengen-6) to apply? I mean the texture, is it greasy? Does it dry fast? It says on the website it has a "reduced" amount of PG (propylene glycol), have you noticed any itchiness? Have you used other minoxidil products you can compare to?

Thanks

Jimmerson

My Regimen
Reaction score
How's the Minoxidilmax 6% + 0,05% (Essengen-6) to apply? I mean the texture, is it greasy? Does it dry fast? It says on the website it has a "reduced" amount of PG (propylene glycol), have you noticed any itchiness? Have you used other minoxidil products you can compare to?

Thanks

Way less greasy than rogaine, dries pretty quick. Has tons of ethanol in it

dale2

My Regimen
Reaction score
...liposomal is for the sake of penetration. Especially if something has a molar mass greater than 500 (dalton gate) liposomes help penetrate. Its because of liposomes that you can get away with using a tenth of the dosage compared to normal topical...

...im surprised that the italian pharma, amongst others have used the same 0.25% concentration in liposomes. They should know that liposomes are much more absorbing . If 0.25% in a normal vehicle is truly adequate for equal efficacy to that of the 1mg pill then you could probably go 0.05% liposomal.

I have been looking into this for the last couple of days. At first I was confused because I read that the Milan version was designed to minimize systemic absorption, and yet they selected a rather high concentration (either 1.0 or 2.5%) and as you stated liposomes even increase penetration... However, eventually I found out that (1) they use liposomes to allow for "delayed delivery over 24 hrs thus limiting systemic absorption" (my translation) and (2) something referred to as silicon particles are also used to keep delivery local. May I ask what you make of this?

Last edited:

dale2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Liposomal gel, I may try again though

EDIT: If you used 1 ml every day, from what I understand that should roughly correspond to the 200 μL dose in the latest Polichem study, which was considered effective while reducing serum DHT by "only" 25%--as long as the liposomal gel acts in a similar way as HPCH. If that still gives sides one could try reducing the amount or frequency, e.g. every other day (some doctors recommend 3 times per week).

Last edited:

SomeoneHasToSayIt

My Regimen
Reaction score
For everyone's benefit, I'll drop this study here: http://cyber.sci-hub.tw/MTAuMzEwOS8wOTU0NjYzOTcwOTE2MDUxNw==/mazzarella1997.pdf

Same vehicle, (purportedly) no systemic effects, and positive results (though not using the standard metrics).

This was published prior to oral finasteride's FDA approval for hairloss and uses a very low concentration (.005%) applied twice daily (1 ml per application).

dale2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just found an update from Almirall, ALM12845 could be released in Europe by end of 2020.

Last edited: