New Studies Show Vit D Implicated In Hair Loss And Calcipotriol

mikes23

Reaction score
i have a compound pharmacy that is going to compound vitamin D for me, but how much vitamin D should I tell them, 1000iu for example?

abcdefg

Reaction score
Bald guys gets sun on there head every day they dont get hair

Yeah pretty obviously vitamin D from sun does not reverse male pattern baldness. A million sunburned bald heads out there. I will stick to the androgen/DHT theory for now until they figure out where and how this vitamin D piece fits into the puzzle
That is the problem with 99 percent of these new discoveries, and why we keep going back to androgens. Castrated men dont go bald. All this new stuff we dont know how strongly it affects male pattern baldness or where the puzzle piece fits. You might waste a lot of time going down a path that doesnt mean much. We know how important androgens are.

Jk1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ok i can confirm topical cod liver oil does make a difference. i have been applying it once or twice a week to left side of my head for 3 months and just recently i have noticed on this side lots of small hair inside the long ones on the frontal hair line ! other side only has terminal hairs ! i also do scalp massage and other essential oils but i do them on both sides so the only difference is cod liver oil on that side. i will now do all over scalp and see if i get the same improvement to the other side. other people should try this on half their head to check the effect.

Jk1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
An update- I do not apply cod liver oil consistently, not sure why but it absorbs so much I do not feel well after lol ??

So after seeing this new study.. I think I will pierce some vit D oil tabs and apply those as often as I can.

this is the main immune system regulator, so again I think this should be the base of all treatments and not internal TOPICAL( I tried 5000 IU for 6 months and it had NO effect on my hair.. it did boost my libido though lol)

This recent study reaffirming the link OCT 2017, With alopecia areata, Telugen Effluen and Female pattern baldness.

Surely its also related or a factor in male pattern baldness on top of the androgenetic aspect?

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&r.../12/2653/pdf&usg=AOvVaw2drqbOKTkZlM9ncAvWCC-y

Has anyone tried topical calcipotriol or topical VIT D from broken capsules ? I am thinking this plus dermarolling should be the safe base of ALL hair loss treatments.

Rolandconil

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Last edited:

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
An update- I do not apply cod liver oil consistently, not sure why but it absorbs so much I do not feel well after lol ??

So after seeing this new study.. I think I will pierce some vit D oil tabs and apply those as often as I can.

this is the main immune system regulator, so again I think this should be the base of all treatments and not internal TOPICAL( I tried 5000 IU for 6 months and it had NO effect on my hair.. it did boost my libido though lol)

This recent study reaffirming the link OCT 2017, With alopecia areata, Telugen Effluen and Female pattern baldness.

Surely its also related or a factor in male pattern baldness on top of the androgenetic aspect?

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=9&ved=0ahUKEwiQwa-KnMrZAhWiqlQKHfpnAvMQFghpMAg&url=http://www.mdpi.com/1422-0067/18/12/2653/pdf&usg=AOvVaw2drqbOKTkZlM9ncAvWCC-y

Has anyone tried topical calcipotriol or topical VIT D from broken capsules ? I am thinking this plus dermarolling should be the safe base of ALL hair loss treatments.

Ummm, why add vitamin D?

You're already getting some vitamin D (and retinol which is a form of vitamin A) from the cod liver oil .

Jk1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ummm, why add vitamin D?

You're already getting some vitamin D (and retinol which is a form of vitamin A) from the cod liver oil .
hi afro i do not use the cod liver oil it smells a bit and makes me feel sick as it penetrates too much ?

so im thinking of switching tp calciotrol as per studies or breaking vit d 3 pills into some vehicle

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Topical Vit-D may have a role in Follica's treatment. Lack of results from swallowing Vit-D supplements don't necessarily prove anything. Lack of results from applying Vit-D to non-wounded skin may not prove anything either. We don't know enough about Follica's deal to make educated guesses yet.

Aethas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
5000iu daily?

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=9&ved=0ahUKEwiQwa-KnMrZAhWiqlQKHfpnAvMQFghpMAg&url=http://www.mdpi.com/1422-0067/18/12/2653/pdf&usg=AOvVaw2drqbOKTkZlM9ncAvWCC-y

iu dealyv

Jk1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yep 5000 iu daily did nothing for hair.
hence want to apply topical

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yep 5000 iu daily did nothing for hair.
hence want to apply topical

I hope you know that it is quite dangerous to take to much vitamin D

From 9 years onwards into adulthood, the highest tolerated intake of vitamin D is 4000 IU. Intake past these recommended amounts will likely result in the undesirable symptoms

• Hypercalcemia
This is the most common side effect of too much vitamin D. It’s a condition where there is too much calcium in your bloodstream, which places stress on the digestive tract. This can manifest as nausea, vomiting, and a tummy ache. You will also feel thirsty and urinate frequently.

• Compromised bone structural integrity
Too much vitamin D in the body reduces the amount of vitamin K, which is responsible for keeping calcium bound in the bone structure. If vitamin K is lacking, it will cause the bones to lose calcium, making them weaker.

• Kidney failure
When you take too much vitamin D, your kidneys may not be able to work optimally and are at risk for ultimately failing. The elevated calcium levels brought about by the high vitamin D levels can harden the tubules in the kidney, causing kidney stones. Kidney stones are extremely uncomfortable and can interrupt your sleep with a strong pain in your lower back and abdomen.

others also mention

Early symptoms of vitamin D toxicity stem from hypercalcemia, and are generally mild. They include thirst and polyuria. Progressive toxicity results in seizures, coma and death.

People should stop once in a while and think about what they're doing when they're experimenting with different things on this forum, especially when NON-qualified tells other just to add what ever to their regiment. In short and long term condition people can get their health ruined because someone on the internet told them to do something they have no clue about.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hope you know that it is quite dangerous to take to much vitamin D

From 9 years onwards into adulthood, the highest tolerated intake of vitamin D is 4000 IU. Intake past these recommended amounts will likely result in the undesirable symptoms

• Hypercalcemia
This is the most common side effect of too much vitamin D. It’s a condition where there is too much calcium in your bloodstream, which places stress on the digestive tract. This can manifest as nausea, vomiting, and a tummy ache. You will also feel thirsty and urinate frequently.

• Compromised bone structural integrity
Too much vitamin D in the body reduces the amount of vitamin K, which is responsible for keeping calcium bound in the bone structure. If vitamin K is lacking, it will cause the bones to lose calcium, making them weaker.

• Kidney failure
When you take too much vitamin D, your kidneys may not be able to work optimally and are at risk for ultimately failing. The elevated calcium levels brought about by the high vitamin D levels can harden the tubules in the kidney, causing kidney stones. Kidney stones are extremely uncomfortable and can interrupt your sleep with a strong pain in your lower back and abdomen.

others also mention

Early symptoms of vitamin D toxicity stem from hypercalcemia, and are generally mild. They include thirst and polyuria. Progressive toxicity results in seizures, coma and death.

People should stop once in a while and think about what they're doing when they're experimenting with different things on this forum, especially when NON-qualified tells other just to add what ever to their regiment. In short and long term condition people can get their health ruined because someone on the internet told them to do something they have no clue about.

It's true that when you read some people take huge doses of k vit and d3 that's quite "scary.That’s why I think it’s better(safe ratio) to take an “all in one supp” which include ca/mg/d/k-vitamins.. These are supp usually sold for bone strenght. At least you have everything you need in one cap at the right dosage (ratios). Supp in liquid form are even better because they usually have more stuff in it like zinc/copper. At least with such supplements you dont create an imbalance but you give your body more ammos in addition to your diet