New Studies Show Vit D Implicated In Hair Loss And Calcipotriol | Page 15 | HairLossTalk Forums

New Studies Show Vit D Implicated In Hair Loss And Calcipotriol

Discussion in 'New Research, Studies, and Technologies' started by Jk1, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Nadia1972

Nadia1972 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    what's the different ?

2. bridgeburn

bridgeburn Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hmmmm, well how to explain, if a hormone attaches to a receptor and activates it, then it causes effects. like sticking a key in the door lock and opening a door.

So, like with estrogen can cause Boobs, but not Every girl has big boobs even if they have high estrogen levels, it's not just the Estrogen levels but the estrogen levels And the amount of receptors in the boobs, or how well their own receptors are working in that area.

So with Vitamin D, its the activation of the Vitamin D Receptors that according to studies, is involved with starting the anagen phase of hair growth.
    The Active form of Vitamin D can activate the Vitamin D Receptor, but it's not the only thing that does that. The vitamin D, you get from diet has to be converted by your body to the active type in order to upregulate the VDR. There are Vitamin D Receptors throughout the body, but of course, the ones in the scalp skin specifically is what we'd want to focus on for hair.

3. Nadia1972

Nadia1972 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    u must have a minimum of vit D to upregulate the VDR and what's the VDR ?

4. bridgeburn

bridgeburn Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    VDR is vitamin D receptor activity. Several things upregulate it and several other things downregulate it.

5. Janekoman12

Janekoman12 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Bald guys gets sun on there head every day they dont get hair

itchymadscalp likes this.
  6. Janekoman12

Janekoman12 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    How do i get Sulphorpahe on My scalp or how should we use it

7. bassa

bassa Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
  8. mikes23

mikes23 Member

Dislikes Received:
    i have a compound pharmacy that is going to compound vitamin D for me, but how much vitamin D should I tell them, 1000iu for example?

9. abcdefg

abcdefg Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah pretty obviously vitamin D from sun does not reverse male pattern baldness. A million sunburned bald heads out there. I will stick to the androgen/DHT theory for now until they figure out where and how this vitamin D piece fits into the puzzle
    That is the problem with 99 percent of these new discoveries, and why we keep going back to androgens. Castrated men dont go bald. All this new stuff we dont know how strongly it affects male pattern baldness or where the puzzle piece fits. You might waste a lot of time going down a path that doesnt mean much. We know how important androgens are.

Kornel likes this.
  10. Jk1

Jk1 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    ok i can confirm topical cod liver oil does make a difference. i have been applying it once or twice a week to left side of my head for 3 months and just recently i have noticed on this side lots of small hair inside the long ones on the frontal hair line ! other side only has terminal hairs ! i also do scalp massage and other essential oils but i do them on both sides so the only difference is cod liver oil on that side. i will now do all over scalp and see if i get the same improvement to the other side. other people should try this on half their head to check the effect.

jonnywalker93 and bassa like this.
  11. Jk1

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    An update- I do not apply cod liver oil consistently, not sure why but it absorbs so much I do not feel well after lol ??

So after seeing this new study.. I think I will pierce some vit D oil tabs and apply those as often as I can.

this is the main immune system regulator, so again I think this should be the base of all treatments and not internal TOPICAL( I tried 5000 IU for 6 months and it had NO effect on my hair.. it did boost my libido though lol)

This recent study reaffirming the link OCT 2017, With alopecia areata, Telugen Effluen and Female pattern baldness.

Surely its also related or a factor in male pattern baldness on top of the androgenetic aspect?

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&r.../12/2653/pdf&usg=AOvVaw2drqbOKTkZlM9ncAvWCC-y

Has anyone tried topical calcipotriol or topical VIT D from broken capsules ? I am thinking this plus dermarolling should be the safe base of ALL hair loss treatments.

JReinhal likes this.
  12. Armando Jose

Armando Jose Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
  13. Rolandconil

Rolandconil Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    judging by the photos it did not work?

Do you need vitamin D or D3? about d3 I read on htc2020, it was written there that this is a harmon, he has all the vitamin complexes. also is on sale as liquid, is intended for children, but I probably buy it

#295 Rolandconil, Mar 1, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  14. Armando Jose

Armando Jose Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
  15. Afro_Vacancy

Afro_Vacancy Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Ummm, why add vitamin D?

You're already getting some vitamin D (and retinol which is a form of vitamin A) from the cod liver oil .

16. Jk1

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    hi afro i do not use the cod liver oil it smells a bit and makes me feel sick as it penetrates too much ?

so im thinking of switching tp calciotrol as per studies or breaking vit d 3 pills into some vehicle

Afro_Vacancy likes this.
  17. coolio

coolio Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Topical Vit-D may have a role in Follica's treatment. Lack of results from swallowing Vit-D supplements don't necessarily prove anything. Lack of results from applying Vit-D to non-wounded skin may not prove anything either. We don't know enough about Follica's deal to make educated guesses yet.

18. Aethas

Aethas Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    5000iu daily?
    iu dealyv