New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
oh i thought like 4-5 days after rolling the most inflammation process alrdy happened...

maybe i have to drop castor oil too then since its anti inflammatory too...

cthulhu2.0

Established Member
Reaction score
I will probably go hard and deep once a month or chemical peel once a week.. on the week-end.. Everytime I go crazy.. it takes me like 2 weeks to completely recovery recover with skin shedding... and stuff.. I really think that fibrosis is gone by now.. Now it is regrow time.

It's nice to know I'm not the only one flaking a week after each session. Since the skin takes a while to heal post healing(months), I don't think it would make a huge difference if you extend the time differential between sessions by a week or so.

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score
Used Nizoral earlier, first time since before rolling on Thursday evening. Given me a tingly, mildy stibby, itchy feeling, which I wasn't expecting, to be honest.

Anyone other than me getting someone else to roll for them (in a non-professional capacity), BTW?

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
I did a huge session with a .5mm yesterday and my head is super soar, more so than the 1.5mm. I can tell that my head has a lot of fibrosis, the sound it makes it's so weird. I also massaged it and today it feels a little less tight and rough.

Does anyone know that if after one has destroyed the fibrosis, does it keep coming back? It's so weird how only the top part is so hard and stiff.

Morinohtar

Reaction score
I can tell that my head has a lot of fibrosis, the sound it makes it's so weird.

What sound it makes or do you think it makes?

- - - Updated - - -

Squeegee, since you seem to be the most crazy one when it comes to roll and hurt the head, could you post a pic of your head after you roll it? This way we could get an idea of how much blood one would need to spill.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Acute inflammation is needed for results. this is why your hurt yourself with a derma roller. Let the dico in the drawers.

I'm wondering if the Japanese Mint Oil is hindering my progress...It works very good for the pain as a anesthetic, but I'm not seeing any results yet...6 weeks in at 1x/week

K

karankaran

One thing which i learnt i guess fron jason -> is that you need to use proper topicals after rolling ... it can be trial and error but the reason for "mixed" results is that people might not be using the right topicals.. i guess it has been made pretty clear in the thread that inflammation is needed and do not use any anti-inflammation oils or topicals ....

Bombarie

Banned
Reaction score
I do now know that this dermarolling works for sure! This week i see lots of vellus hair on my temples wich werent there for THE last 4 years!!! I see them on my hairline that i had when i was 24, back then i had Nw0. Would be so cool to see this develope back to my teenager hairline

zombiehair

Reaction score
Great to hear the results roll in :)
look forward to seeing your latest progress pics jason.
Myself I'm now 7 rolls in over an 8 or 9 week period.
My hairloss is quite advanced similar to jasons but with a stronger triangular peek to the front.
As for results so far I have been cautious to say much more than feeling positive about the way things are going
but now Im happy enough to add that I'm seeing what I believe to be progress.
The top of my scalp has a very sparse scattering of Individually noticeably thicker and darker healthy looking hairs.
Hairs that either were not their before rolling or hairs that were no where near as thick and healthy as they are now.
Hope these are just the scouts before an army :)

burdturglar

Reaction score
Any thoughts on whether minoxidil is necessary to induce regrowth? I want to avoid the side effects and dependence on minoxodil, and have been using castor oil as a supposed alternative. Also, when using minoxidil with dermarolling, are any new hairs permanently dependent on minoxodil? If not, perhaps minoxodil could be only used for a few days after wounding.

cthulhu2.0

Established Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on whether minoxidil is necessary to induce regrowth? I want to avoid the side effects and dependence on minoxodil, and have been using castor oil as a supposed alternative. Also, when using minoxidil with dermarolling, are any new hairs permanently dependent on minoxodil? If not, perhaps minoxodil could be only used for a few days after wounding.

Minoxidil actually has an excellent safety profile so I wouldn't be too worried about sides, and yes minoxidil is required as past studies using wounding haven't shown these types of results.

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
What sound it makes or do you think it makes?

- - - Updated - - -

Squeegee, since you seem to be the most crazy one when it comes to roll and hurt the head, could you post a pic of your head after you roll it? This way we could get an idea of how much blood one would need to spill.

When I roll the top of the head I hear this crunching sound. It kinda sounds like if you were opening a Velcro strap. Before the session I was able to tell that my skin was super tight and rough, very stiff. No nutrients can get to my hair that way, I need to get rid of all that fibrosis.

K

karankaran

Ordered my 1.5mm derma roller , with 70% alcohol and a numbing cream , will also be taking taurine to tackle fibriosis , along with a lot of other supplements including black tea and soy isoflvones ! Will start my routine from 1st november! My 5% minoxidil has already arrived !

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
Ordered my 1.5mm derma roller , with 70% alcohol and a numbing cream , will also be taking taurine to tackle fibriosis , along with a lot of other supplements including black tea and soy isoflvones ! Will start my routine from 1st november! My 5% minoxidil has already arrived !

Are you mixing the b12 complex inside minoxidil?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I'm wondering if the Japanese Mint Oil is hindering my progress...It works very good for the pain as a anesthetic, but I'm not seeing any results yet...6 weeks in at 1x/week

temple are the worst areas to get results.. let the time do his thing.. I don't think that the Jap Mint Oil is the difference maker.

theRA

Established Member
Reaction score
regarding the B12, just ordered this, will dump some to minoxidil, not sure if it would get trough the skin if applied separately

Bombarie

Banned
Reaction score
If you just keep in with dermarolling every week to 2 weeks and Apply minoxidil everymorning and evening you Will get results!

bhobho

Reaction score
HI guys, i have a question for jason5.
How long have you had that regimen?
Lipogaine / Prox-N / Azleaic Acid / Regeneprure (daily)

thx a lot. good luck and good bye !

Morinohtar

Reaction score
When I roll the top of the head I hear this crunching sound. It kinda sounds like if you were opening a Velcro strap. Before the session I was able to tell that my skin was super tight and rough, very stiff. No nutrients can get to my hair that way, I need to get rid of all that fibrosis.

Ok, that sounds like what happens to me too :p But it seems now its getting easier to roll, still hurts a lot, no numbing stuff (rambo mode on lol), and i think the crunching sounds is a bit less louder now. So far i did about 4 sessions and each time i roll more and bleed more (since it hurts a bit less i go a bit crazier ehehe).

Doing the roll once a week and applying minoxidil every other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.