New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm about to join the dermarolling community. Then I have a question: is it ok to shampoo (Regenepure DR) right after dermarolling/bleeding, or should I wait a while before?

Wounding will trigger inflamation, since regenepure will decrease it, it makes sense not to use it the first days until you feel the inflamation is gone. This is bro science but typically it's 2-3 for me, depending on the aggressiveness of the wounding.

Also, I tried that tea that Rambo suggested, holly crap, that thing is spicy as hell. I will need to add less cayenne next time.

ganonford

Established Member
Reaction score
Wounding will trigger inflamation, since regenepure will decrease it, it makes sense not to use it the first days until you feel the inflamation is gone. This is bro science but typically it's 2-3 for me, depending on the aggressiveness of the wounding.

Also, I tried that tea that Rambo suggested, holly crap, that thing is spicy as hell. I will need to add less cayenne next time.

Which tea?

princessRambo

Established Member
Reaction score
princess, the market for natural alternatives to diseases is by no means small. For example, the supplement industry is a multibillion dollar industry which is constantly growing. Although natural substances may be excellent preventative measures for certain diseases, you will be hard pressed to find research confirming natural substances are more effective than drugs like chemo in the treatment of cancer. That is why most natural substances are rarely compared to their pharmaceutical counterparts and are left only to in vitro studies and with mice. The fact that there are thousands of studies on the preventative nature of natural substances like green tea and curcumin show that there is a market for these substances. I was trying to find a clip from a southpark episode where stan gets very sick and mom turns to natural herbs to heal him. After a while, he gets sicker and sicker and eventually must resort to drug therapy or die. I was actually just looking at pubmed studies involving curcumin and cancer and was not surprised to find no human studies. It was the same thing with green tea. Lots and lots of in vitro and mice studies pertaining to cancer inhibition in vitro and with mice but few or none direct human studies. That is not to say green tea and curcumin are not excellent prevention tools for such diseases.

For one, I agree that a lot of natural stuff don't hold to their promise and there is a lot of crackpot websites making matter worse for alternative treatments, but then there are scientific facts about a few natural gems that can't be refuted. There have been hundreds of human clinical trials involving curcumin and almost all of them have passed with flying colors with almost a too good to be true kind of result like this meta-analysis of human trials has outlined. The thing is, it is cheap, un-patentable, it takes tens of millions of dollars or more to get FDA approval for a drug. If I was in the business of making money, why in the world would I care about getting this to be approved? The fact remains, when I turn my tv in the morning, first thing I see is adds for lipitor, prozac, and all these half baked synthetic crap. The thing is, it is human nature, we like the complicated crap, we are sheeple, we like being told what to buy and what to use and not think for ourselves, we have been conditioned that way. We like being told that we need the yearly crapstastic flu shot even though studies after studies show that it covers less than 10% (close to 5% in some cases) of the different strands of flu. We have been shown again and again that by just upping our blood level of 1-25-D3 by daily sun exposure or a few pills of over the counter d3 we are more than 50% likely to not get the flu, still we opt for the crap flu shot, because we are sheeple...

https://docs.google.com/file/d/1-EO...gEtixWyVR8Mt-nDRsnrHU1/edit?usp=sharing&pli=1

CONCLUSIONS Subsequent to the first seminal paper published in 1949 in Nature, numerous preclinical studies have provided a solid basis for examining curcumin’s efficacy against human diseases. As discussed in this review, curcumin has shown therapeutic potential against a number of human diseases. Common to all of these studies have been the safety, tolerability, and non-toxicity of this polyphenol, even at doses up to 8 g per day. The underlying mechanism for curcumin’s clinical efficacy seems to be modulation of numerous signaling molecules. However, because of the complex nature of the diseases, the underlying mechanism in many cases remains unclear. From the findings of the completed clinical trials, it may seem that curcumin’s clinical efficacy is too good to be true. However, this polyphenol has not yet been approved for human use.

curcumin.png

I am not making this up, this is all human clinical trials that showed effectiveness again and again and again...

closetmetrosexual

Established Member
Reaction score
Rambo,

What percentage of B12 (in the minoxidil solution) should we be aiming for? Any idea?

I tried asking the makers of Lipogaine which much B12 they put in their stuff. They won't disclose it.

I'm thinking maybe something like 0.2%

Jlyncher

Established Member
Reaction score
Got my hair cut today. She wanted to know what I was doing, said my hair looked thicker! :jump:

Hope she wasn't just fishing for a fat tip, lol.

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
Rambo,

What percentage of B12 (in the minoxidil solution) should we be aiming for? Any idea?

I tried asking the makers of Lipogaine which much B12 they put in their stuff. They won't disclose it.

I have three bottles of lipogaine left, so I would like to know that as well. I added 10 b-12 pills into a minoxidil bottle.

- - - Updated - - -

Which tea?
White and black tea, cocunut oil and cayenne. I was only able to buy white tea, so that will have to do for now. I already have almost all of Rambos pills and topicals, just missed about two.

- - - Updated - - -

Got my hair cut today. She wanted to know what I was doing, said my hair looked thicker! :jump:

Did you give her a nice tip?

princessRambo

Established Member
Reaction score
@DesperateOne: go easy with the cayenne, especially when the tea is really hot, a few sprinkles is more than enough, otherwise, come poop time you will need ice cubes :D

@Princessrambo

Hey, would you advise to use cyanocobalamin or methylcobalamin, as methylcobalamin is the biologically more active form of vitamin B12. But the Study used cyanocobalamin, so I´m unsure which one to use.

Thanks!
Indeed, the active form of b12 is way more potent to biding/activating the vitamin b12 receptor sites than cyanocobalamin, so it seems natural to ask whether this should be used or not, but you have to bear in mind that the studies used specifically the inactive form and the results as far as hair growth was very positive (increase anagen, increase hair weight). The question then becomes, if you have a BB gun that can kill the fly, why would you need a bazooka?

- - - Updated - - -

Rambo,

Concomitantly the amounts of GSK-3 were significantly reduced after stimulation with 25 ug/ml vitamin B12 (fold change compared to DMEM: 0.76 u 0.12, p < 0.05). Conclusions: Our data demonstrate a hair growth promoting effect of vitamin B12 in vitro. This effect is accompanied by the modulation of intracellular signal transduction molecules of the wnt-pathway and might promote hair growth after micrograft transplantation.

for a 100 ml solution I wouldn't add more than 5 1000ug pills. The systemic daily usage of b12 is only 2.5ug for the entire body. 5 pills will yield 50 ug/ml which even is way overkill, I had mixed 10 pills into a 100ml bottle before, but it was borderline insanity :)... the in vitro study above used an upper bound level of 25ug per ml... since a minoxidil bottle has only 60ml, 2-3 pills (1000ug per pill) would be more than enough, this also reflects how cheap and easy this simple addition is ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Also when mixing topical a nice little cloth-like reusable filter is very helpul to remove non disolvable fillers.. something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Shop-vac-901-...d=1382745365&sr=8-12&keywords=filtering+cloth

ps: not advising anyone to buy this thing, just a quick a search from amazon to give you an idea, maybe even simple coffee filters you already have in your house or a thin cloth tissue, or paper towel can do this ;)

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score

Good going, man! What's your dermarolling regimen (weeks use, roller type, etc)?

Third session yesterday evening. Loads more blood dots and redness afterwards, felt much more satisfying.

I'm wondering, incidentally, if the body releases endorphins or something during rolling, as by the end of a session it doesn't feel too bad, despite being really painful to start with, in fact it feels oddly addictive. :woot:

closetmetrosexual

Established Member
Reaction score
for a 100 ml solution I wouldn't add more than 5 1000ug pills. The systemic daily usage of b12 is only 2.5ug for the entire body. 5 pills will yield 50 ug/ml which even is way overkill, I had mixed 10 pills into a 100ml bottle before, but it was borderline insanity :)... the in vitro study above used an upper bound level of 25ug per ml... since a minoxidil bottle has only 60ml, 2-3 pills (1000ug per pill) would be more than enough, this also reflects how cheap and easy this simple addition is ;)

I was thinking of getting the pure stuff.
No fillers to clog pores/whatever.

killacamron

Reaction score
I know I might get flak for bringing this up now, but i did actually attempt to thoroughly look for an answer.
I just purchased a dermaroller 1.5 off amazon, plan on using it but does it 100% require minoxidil application after for results?
(I ask because I have used rogaine before and i experienced really black eyes)

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
I know I might get flak for bringing this up now, but i did actually attempt to thoroughly look for an answer.
I just purchased a dermaroller 1.5 off amazon, plan on using it but does it 100% require minoxidil application after for results?
Yes

odalbak

Established Member
Reaction score

Squeegee has suggested using B12 and castor oil as substitute. You can find his post a few pages ago. That is if you really don't want to use minoxidil. And please tell us your results; I'd like to stop minoxidil at some point and try that.

cthulhu2.0

Established Member
Reaction score

The study is based on the combination of the two and it is unlikely that dermarolling alone will give you results. Have you tried using it once a day instead of twice a day? As you probably know, topical minoxidil has an excellent safety record and the symptoms you are exhibiting are rather abnormal.

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
Squeegee has suggested using B12 and castor oil as substitute. You can find his post a few pages ago. That is if you really don't want to use minoxidil. And please tell us your results; I'd like to stop minoxidil at some point and try that.
istn castor oil anti inflammatory ?

Did you notice that bald ppl have really much forehead wrinkles ?Maybe thats a sign of fibrosis in the skin?

zombiehair

Reaction score
Ive just got myself some liquid B12.
a product called biocare vitasorb.

Just looking at the product I got , buying in tablet form would be better value.

Something I've done in the past to remove non dissolvable fillers is.
Tear open a tea bag
empty tea out
use tea bag as filter

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score

what?

killacamron

Reaction score

Well i am taking finasteride 1.25 everyday with nizoral every 3 days. Will adding the dermaroller without minoxidil help in any way?? I'm anxious to use my dermaroller but don't want the severe dark eye circles and wrinkly forehead I previously experienced on my stint with minoxidil.

Aurelio

Reaction score
Well i am taking finasteride 1.25 everyday with nizoral every 3 days. Will adding the dermaroller without minoxidil help in any way?? I'm anxious to use my dermaroller but don't want the severe dark eye circles and wrinkly forehead I previously experienced on my stint with minoxidil.

I've heard many times that dermaroll without applying minoxidil was kind of useless...

Status
Not open for further replies.