My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

Yagel

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have bought the Zinc Arginine Study https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33878855/
and the results are pretty good. Apparently the Lotion consisting of Zinc-Gluconate and Arginine was as good as Finasteride after 6 months. However I think the dosages are very important and the study doesn't tell them.

They just say that the combination of 0,04% Zinc-Gluconate and Arginine caused a 75% Reduction in 5-Alpha Reductase in-vitro.

fugged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They also had an in vivo test right?

"We also performed an in-vivo study."

Did they say anything about that. Or could you post the most important parts of the study here please.

Edit: also very interesting they use zinc-gluconate, that's what is used in most zinc supplements. So basically confirms what most people already thought, no need for zinc sulfate heptahydrate. @worm
Pigeon how do you measure your arginine? I empty capsules of zinc and basically fill and empty three of those…

fugged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm I got “pure” powder, weren’t you worried about the extra ingredients like corn starch etc? It may be nothing but over the days it would almost certainly start to change in solution I’d imagine.

Yagel

My Regimen
Reaction score
They also had an in vivo test right?

"We also performed an in-vivo study."

Did they say anything about that. Or could you post the most important parts of the study here please.

Edit: also very interesting they use zinc-gluconate, that's what is used in most zinc supplements. So basically confirms what most people already thought, no need for zinc sulfate heptahydrate. @worm
Yes they did. They had 20 participants taking the Lotion with Zinc and Arginine and 20 with placebo.
Mean Hair Count improved by 52% after 6 months. These results are on the same level as finasteride.
They did not provide any photographs.

Unfortunately they did not tell the dosages of the ingredients.

It is also important to note, that some of the patients had telogen effluvium and not Androgenetic Alopecia.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes they did. They had 20 participants taking the Lotion with Zinc and Arginine and 20 with placebo.
Mean Hair Count improved by 52% after 6 months. These results are on the same level as finasteride.
They did not provide any photographs.

Unfortunately they did not tell the dosages of the ingredients.

It is also important to note, that some of the patients had telogen effluvium and not Androgenetic Alopecia.
No photos. What a bust. f*****g scientist. I cant beleive they database published them. The standards for getting published need to go up. Way way up.

smoothbrain

My Regimen
Reaction score
I read some study linked here that tested like 4 forms of zinc. It said they all worked, but zinc sulfate was less irritating than the others. I know many hair loss shampoos use zinc chloride, which is the more irritating form, but may not matter if your rinsing it off.

My recollection from something I read a while back is you could use way less. Have you searched the literature? There is a paper or two.
They used a .1% solution of melatonin In alcohol per 1ml each application. So my maths came up with 1mg per application.

smoothbrain

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel like the arginine helps only because it's a vasodilator. So it basically just increases circulation. I think there's many things things that can do that like scalp massages or tipping your head in a downward slope. I use some herbal oil on the scalp that I massage and leave on for 20 min before shampooing.

Yagel

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel like the arginine helps only because it's a vasodilator. So it basically just increases circulation. I think there's many things things that can do that like scalp massages or tipping your head in a downward slope. I use some herbal oil on the scalp that I massage and leave on for 20 min before shampooing.
According to the study, arginine is an inhibitor of 5-alpha-reductase aswell. But I think the problem is the dosage. Unfornately the study only provides the ingriedients of the Lotion and not the dosages.

I have tried to contact the author of the study, but I don't speak italian and the secretary of his Institute doesn't speak english.

fugged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for trying! Maybe we need a translated email. Unfortunately they probably want to keep it proprietary. Can we glean anything from the previous study that involved arginine? There was a second study correct?

smoothbrain

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just made my zix and I'm leaving it out for a night to dissolve more fully, but I'm considering leaving out the sediment when pouring the solution into bottles. I used a liquid zinc and the pure formulas b6 powder. I'm thinking the sediment is just fillers not actual b6.

The reason I think so is because I have used liquid b vitamins before and one 1oz bottle had 150mg b6 p5p total and I don't remember sediment.

Anyone ever buy pure p5p in powder form from bulk supplements or something and try to make zix? Did you still have sediment?

Myco.1934

My Regimen
Reaction score
According to the study, arginine is an inhibitor of 5-alpha-reductase aswell. But I think the problem is the dosage. Unfornately the study only provides the ingriedients of the Lotion and not the dosages.

I have tried to contact the author of the study, but I don't speak italian and the secretary of his Institute doesn't speak english.
Can you try to translate your message into italian with google translate?
Thank you for sharing the article with us.

fugged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Check this out, there’s something called zinc arginine

fugged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Doubtful I would imagine, if in fact arginine is efficacious it probably comes down to dosage and possibly vehicle for absorption.

smoothbrain

My Regimen
Reaction score
i applied zix for the first time last night. i had interrupted sleep waking quite a few times. my friend who also tried it had even worse sleep than me. he was awake most of the night.

perhaps its the b6 causing this?

inmyhead

Reaction score
I have bought the Zinc Arginine Study https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33878855/
and the results are pretty good. Apparently the Lotion consisting of Zinc-Gluconate and Arginine was as good as Finasteride after 6 months. However I think the dosages are very important and the study doesn't tell them.

They just say that the combination of 0,04% Zinc-Gluconate and Arginine caused a 75% Reduction in 5-Alpha Reductase in-vitro.
That study looks like scam. No dosage and no pictures. We have plenty of italians in forums. They should contact the authors.

inmyhead

Reaction score
But why should the make a scam about this? They are not selling any product.
Plenty of researchers are just trying to have some studies on their name. Or sometimes it's pressure from universities to publish something.