My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

smoothbrain

My Regimen
Reaction score
i weighed 1 capsule of the p5p from pure encapsulations and it weights around 220mg. There is only 50mg of p5p in each capsule, so 170mg is just filler. Im pretty sure that is the sediment in my zix. I used a liquid zinc so the only sediment would be from the p5p. I ordered a powdered p5p from amazon and will make a new batch with that when it comes but im pretty sure ill end up with a clear solution without sediment.

The fillers probably dont do much harm on top of your scalp, but i just like clean solutions so im just throwing out ideas for those who also want the same.

fugged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good find man. Also an old study from 1993.

This adds credibility to the zinc/arginine combo.
I guess it has difficulty being absorbed into the skin- I would wonder if it needs extra help for scalp hair where follicles are several mm deep. A hostile biophysical agent is suggested here:

Seems expired cant remember if thats been posted sorry if so.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are there new updates/success stories?

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just a curiosity
How is going your path with topical Dutasteride
Hello. I had no sides however after bringing it up on a doctor’s appointment, my doctor opposed the idea of it and now I can’t get dutasteride from pharmacies. A lot of other stuff happened past week so I think I won’t be using it for a while

NoeStinch

My Regimen
Reaction score
I start using Zix some weeks ago, I apply 2ml in morning and 2ml before going to bed, im overdoing it?

Yagel

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hope we don't need more than ethanol. We can also use PEG400, Propylene glycol,... but rather not even if absorption isn't optimal imo.

Interesting, also a nice benefit of arginine:

"Further, when applied to the penis of a subject with erectile dysfunction causes restoration of normal sexual function."

@Yagel Do you know what vehicle/solvent they used in the study you bought?
They used Alcohol denat. and a little bit PG I think.

cloudsanrain

Established Member
Reaction score
Check out the arginine studies.

"Ultra zix"; zinc + vit B6 + L-arginine has potential and is worth the try.
Hi Pigeon
I am very interested in adding L-arginine to my Zix formula . I am using worm's version . How much are you adding to the formula and what kind do you use ?

fugged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder if adding a significantly greater proportion of arginine is warranted due to its apparent trouble with absorption

Myco.1934

My Regimen
Reaction score
The patent says something like this:

[0041] Advantageously, the formulation envisages that the final preparation intended for application is obtained at the time of use or at a time very close to such use, since the formulation is not very stable and tends to degrade after about four days. Advantageously, the formulation according to the present invention is sold as a kit, consisting of two separate phases, packaged in two different compartments, to be mixed just before use, each of which contains some components of the overall formula to the exclusion of others and vice versa.

According to this, does the mixture deteriorate after 4 days?

pigeon, did you feel any reduction in potency in your mix?

cloudsanrain

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm adding 2000mg of arginine. And it's just from a supplement so it's not pure arginine I'm using but it's easy to dose since it's in capsules already. I'm adding 3500mg of arginine in my future zix. We don't know how much we need to add though, maybe more clues are in the patent.

Yes
How many mgs of arginine do you think I should add to a 60ml bottle ?

Helpme__

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just bought P5P from Now brand at 50mg. Do you guys think that would work?
Anyone tried this source? Should I go for it?

Attachments

• A82542A8-AAFD-429A-B202-265209E6E943.png
    A82542A8-AAFD-429A-B202-265209E6E943.png
    467.3 KB · Views: 84

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would add caffeine to the mix as well. I have noticed my hair was darker when I used it.

corkmeister

Established Member
Reaction score
The patent is pretty interesting. It claims that this is equally or more effective than finasteride at inhibiting 5ar2, without the drawbacks (i.e. sides). But there's no explanation for that anywhere. Their logic seems to be that their invention - even though it's equally effective as finasteride at inhibiting 5ar2 - does not carry the same drawbacks as finasteride, simply because it's not finasteride. But it's not finasteride itself that causes side-effects, it's inhibiting 5ar2. This just seems like a weird leap of logic for me. The fact that they don't discuss it doesn't really inspire trust.

If this works as well as they claim it does people who don't tolerate 5ar-inhbitors well should be cautious, right?

Helpme__

My Regimen
Reaction score
can someone please answer my questions? Where can I find a good source of P5P in Canada, I simply can’t find one. The only one I bought is from a. Local health store from the now brand posted above. Please answer

Helpme__

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have searched all over the internet for a good source of B6 P5P (from either Pure Encapsulations or Ecological Formulas). I must have ordered 3 or 4 times from different websites. Pure Encapsulations has shipping restrictions to Canada, and is this not available. While I am not sure, I can’t seem to find a source that can ship Ecological Formulas.
@worm, @Pigeon please let me know of a good source of B6 P5P supplement. I worry I will lose ground as I search for the supplements.