My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

Helpme__

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have searched all over the internet for a good source of B6 P5P (from either Pure Encapsulations or Ecological Formulas). I must have ordered 3 or 4 times from different websites. Pure Encapsulations has shipping restrictions to Canada, and is this not available. While I am not sure, I can’t seem to find a source that can ship Ecological Formulas.
@worm, @Pigeon please let me know of a good source of B6 P5P supplement. I worry I will lose ground as I search for the supplements
For reference, I already have all the other supplies. Even got the same Ethanol from Dollarama, but only have one B6 P5P from the Now brand.

cloudsanrain

Established Member
Reaction score
For reference, I already have all the other supplies. Even got the same Ethanol from Dollarama, but only have one B6 P5P from the Now brand.
The patent is pretty interesting. It claims that this is equally or more effective than finasteride at inhibiting 5ar2, without the drawbacks (i.e. sides). But there's no explanation for that anywhere. Their logic seems to be that their invention - even though it's equally effective as finasteride at inhibiting 5ar2 - does not carry the same drawbacks as finasteride, simply because it's not finasteride. But it's not finasteride itself that causes side-effects, it's inhibiting 5ar2. This just seems like a weird leap of logic for me. The fact that they don't discuss it doesn't really inspire trust.

If this works as well as they claim it does people who don't tolerate 5ar-inhbitors well should be cautious,
I would add caffeine to the mix as well. I have noticed my hair was darker when I used it.

Anyone tried this source? Should I go for it?
It's 5p5 just a different brand name .

smoothbrain

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just bought P5P from Now brand at 50mg. Do you guys think that would work?
Looks like it has some magnesium added. It may or may not affect the final product.

Just find a brand of p5p with 50mg per serving and the least amount of fillers. If you have a milligram scale you can get pure p5p powder from bulk supplements or some other website that sells supplement powders

DAVAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all, do you think ZIX may help me in my situation? I have agressive frontal recession at the temples and at the front of the hair as well and thinning all over.
dutasteride, finasteride, minoxidil none of them worked for me...

Are there anyone on here that has tackled similar loss with zix or is it mainly for less agressive situations.

Thanks in advance

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone thought about adding sulforaphane into their Zix formula? The studies that were cited are pretty decent and it's a pretty cheap supplement. I think Zinc+B6(cuz y not)+Sulforaphane+Arginine could be the best one can get with an all natural treatment

ukrmd

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just be aware that excessive arganine can trigger certain vriuses like cold cores/herpes simplex

Friend of mine takes a lot of bodybuilding supps, triggers his cold sores

Not suggesting dont take, just FYI :)

But how about guys reporting more about their results with Zix in this thread?

Personally, im taking minoxidil mornings, zix evenings religiously - i have a lot of new growth hairs, i guess im waiting for them to continue. one thing i noticed is since i stopped microneedling, a lot more slower growth. its just so damn painful :(

fugged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have to consider what it may do beneficially with the fact that it also inhibits pge2.

onemoretime

My Regimen
Reaction score
Edit: found the answer elsewhere in this huge thread, so deleting the question.

Also, if anyone ever decides to do the scalp biopsy in order to test Zix's effect on DHT, i'll also happily contribute $. I'd do it, but I can't find anyone doing it in my country.

Last edited:

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have searched all over the internet for a good source of B6 P5P (from either Pure Encapsulations or Ecological Formulas). I must have ordered 3 or 4 times from different websites. Pure Encapsulations has shipping restrictions to Canada, and is this not available. While I am not sure, I can’t seem to find a source that can ship Ecological Formulas.
@worm, @Pigeon please let me know of a good source of B6 P5P supplement. I worry I will lose ground as I search for the supplements.

Hey sorry, im more or less absent from this site for now. young kids. I am in Canada too - look up ship to canada websites. I think I found one that charges 10-15$ or something - you can order ecological formulas for $10 delivered to their facility (in the US)- so it's 25-30 all in, which is a crappy cost, but if you order two, you work it down to $20 per. All things considered, I think 2 bottles would last me close to 2 years, so $2 or so per month for b6, and 50 cents -$1 for zinc + alcohol and distilled water - so still under $3 per month.

Otherwise maybe ecological formulas you may find on ebay.

That said I thought i was running low on b6 and could find no good options other than ship to canada. Turns out it was my zinc sulphate which was running low, which i bought on ebay for i dont think that much. But yeah, my research directed me towards that option, so give that a shot.

fellow1

My Regimen
Reaction score
is there a difference between monohydrate or heptahydrate ? I can't find monohydrate to buy.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Guys, not really posting all that much any longer, but want to check in.

All still well. I have noticed that after 4 weeks after brewing a batch it seems to go bad and I start to shed a little more. It generally takes a few days for shedding to resume, so I would suggest refressing your batch every 3 weeks. I think I may start making half batches to avoid this. Anyhow just wanted to point this out.

Otherwise I passed the 1 year mark after adding minoxidil along with daily use of zix. Quite satisfied with the results. my hair is darker and thicker, and no sign of thinning - which is some pretty good gains imo. I cant say my hairline has regrown though, I thought things were improving on the hairline but I cant say so. I can say that with the increased density though, my recessed hairline seems stronger/denser and I feel much better about it.

As an fyi, I have decided after not messing with my formula for 5 years to add 3 tabs of ceterizine. My rationale is it's an anti histamine, I experience some form of allergy (sinus, and on my scalp when not on zix) more or less constantly. So I thought it could help. I realize in the end any gains most reported basically vanished. I guess I just figure with zix and minoxidil, it could possibly enhance it. I am also aware it could cause shedding again. Anyhow, im one week in and I think so far so good. Hard to tell what the outcome will be, but will keep you all updated over the next few months.

Sorry to not be posting much, but i have young kids and life is busy. Hope you're all well and benefiting from zix.

cloudsanrain

Established Member
Reaction score
I forget which one you need - but search those keywords, one works the other doesnt.
I have read reports showing L-Arginines effectiveness for hair loss . Some on here are adding Argining to their zix . Worm what do you think ?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have read reports showing L-Arginines effectiveness for hair loss . Some on here are adding Argining to their zix . Worm what do you think ?

It was added to another formula I tried in the past. It was potent and I got crazy results along with eye problems, rapid heart beat, general malaise. Needless to say I dont think the arginine was the major contributing factor. It could help, I can't say for sure. Best way it to make sure original zix works for you. After a few months, I would test it out. But whatever you do don't start fiddling with a proven formula when you haven't tried the original for a few months first.

ukrmd

My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm
Thanks for the update and so far you have done a great job helping us all so no love lost by being busy! :)

I noticed after a couple months (i think) now that the growth has slowed, wondering if it is just a shedding phase. Did you experience anything like that? As in waves/cycles of growth? I will of course persist

i havent got enought results yet to show pictures but would be great if anyone else with results had pictures to share

on another note ive noticed a lot more hair growth in my beard in the higher cheeks area which isnt great if it continues... could be coincidence and just that im trimming that area more