My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

finornottofin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is this still the formula everyone is using?
about 15 mls ethyl alcohol
- 2 x 220 mgs of zinc sulfate - 2 x https://www.amazon.com/PlusPharma-Z...8&qid=1469108018&sr=1-1&keywords=zinc sulfate (I NOW USE 3x Zincs have much better results)
- 150 mgs of b6 p5p is use the brand pure encapsulations, you can find it on amazon
- 45 mls distilled water (must be DISTILLED NOT filtered or ionized or any of that)
I am literally weaning off of finasteride brain fog (I'm not kidding) so it's hard for me parse so many posts :( for atleast a couple days.

Also anyone have any insight with using this alongside minoxidil or eucapil? Was thinking of doing this in the morning and minoxidil or eucapil after shower at night...

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Arginine dose per 60ml? I’ve got a kg of Arginine powder and the dose is 5g. Is 5g to much for one bottle of zix or should I start with 2.5? Btw zix has slowed my shedding. I’ve been using for 2+ months now.

cloudsanrain

Established Member
Reaction score
I have added 2,500 mg of pure arginines powder to my zix . It dose not mix well in my 60ml bottle . It clumps up an clogs up my droper . Shaking the bottle dont do any good . Anybody no how to correct this problem ?

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have added 2,500 mg of pure arginines powder to my zix . It dose not mix well in my 60ml bottle . It clumps up an clogs up my droper . Shaking the bottle dont do any good . Anybody no how to correct this problem ?
Okay thanks bro.

lostandfind

Reaction score
About the concentration of ZnGIARG in the arginine patent, does 0.04% mean there's 0.04g of zinc and arginine in the solution of 100ml?

smoothbrain

My Regimen
Reaction score
All still well. I have noticed that after 4 weeks after brewing a batch it seems to go bad and I start to shed a little more. It generally takes a few days for shedding to resume, so I would suggest refressing your batch every 3 weeks. I think I may start making half batches to avoid this. Anyhow just wanted to point this ouout.
What is your % of alcohol in the formula? I think I remember you saying like 10% alcohol by volume. I wonder if that's why it goes bad after 3 weeks. Usually you want 15-20% for preservative effect.

I can't imagine anything really going "bad" if the right preservatives are there. Except the p5p which degrades in heat and light, so as long as it's protected it should be fine for a long time.

lostandfind

Reaction score
The Patent has a formulation on page 4. [0048]
It says 0,9% Zinc Gluconate and 0,65% Arginine.

This would mean 900mg Zinc-Gluconate and 650mg Arginine Base per 100ml Solution.
Got it. Thanks.
Nobody no's for sure what amount of L-Arginine should be added to a 60ml bottle of zix . Im adding 225.00 some are adding anyhere from 2000 to 350,00 . It's all experimental right now .
I'm considering adding L-Arginine too. How's it working out for you?

partysnacks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The Patent has a formulation on page 4. [0048]
It says 0,9% Zinc Gluconate and 0,65% Arginine.

This would mean 900mg Zinc-Gluconate and 650mg Arginine Base per 100ml Solution.
That's interesting, 900mg (or 540mg for 60ml, typical 2oz bottle), is way higher than the standard zix formula (100-150mg). Has anyone tried a higher dose of zinc with their zix (I think worm did at one point)? Although maybe its unnecessary since we have the B6 potentiating zinc's effects. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯