My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Arginine is a non-essential amino acid and can be produced by the human body on its own, it is not enough to synthesize it by the body when it is stressed or sick. The human body’s daily arginine requirement is 117 mg/kg, which is 7.02 g per day based on a weight of 60 kg. However, according to research findings, the average person’s diet can only consume 5.4 g of arginine per day. Amino acid is not enough for the daily requirement. Therefore, it is necessary to consume foods rich in arginine or health products. Foods rich in arginine include beef, eel, catfish, loach, sea cucumber, cuttlefish, octopus, etc.

What's the point?

You're not really correcting an arginine deficiency here, more like taking advantage of a local pharmacological effect on the hair follicle.

Hutnubu

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everybody. I get pretty severe sides from low dose topical finasteride. Could one of you please tell me what the best and most recent formulation of zix is and which concentrations. I am thinking about trying topical dutasteride but i am afraid that won't solve the sides but make them worse. Any opinion and help is highly appreciated.

Hutnubu

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay thank you. I was asking as well because of the newer ingredients like melatonin and arginine etc.

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I did some research on melatonin, it inhibits Cox-2 without affecting Cox-1. Imo reducing cox2 without touching Cox-1 is the key.

Maybe you will like this

kidcurry96

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

fugged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, this study's about zinc + arginine. Zix is zinc + vit B6. But yeah zinc is key it seems.
Pigeon there is never pure Argenine in these capsules, at least that im seeing.. Have you got that? They all have rice flour, or corn starch, plus a few other ingredients.. how can we know hw this changes over days or weeks in water or other solutions.. there no way bacteria aren't working on that stuff over time. I use only water, maybe adding some alcohol would help, but that is drying and more complex than my simple zix.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am actually gonna give Zix a try again. I remember it gave me sides so I didn't use it long enough, think I might have used too much, but I am going to try it again and this time use a little less on my scalp. Max 1 ml.

Also thinking of adding azelaic acid and saw palmettto extract to the zix mix. That should be good right?

I mean then you have b6 + zinc + azelaic acid + saw palmetto. It just has to do something good you'd expect.

Man my regimen will be stacked. Currently:

Minoxidil 2 x day (rogaine + lipogaine)
Revivogen 1 x a day (this is my dht blocker I suppose)
Light Needling for absorption every day
Needling for wounding at 1 mm depth every 2 weeks
Keto shampoo every other day

I will add stemoxydine 1 x day + low light laser every other week, 1 week after needling for wound, laser for 7 days straight. If you look at the reviews on amazon you see some users posted images with improvement. I dont know how legit these are, but there are studies too so who knows. I am gonna try it.

Just not sure how I'm going to add stemoxydine and zix to the mix heh. Maybe apply them 4 hours apart.

My experience is keto and zix do not mix and leads to shedding. I would use zix and minoxidil only spread apart. Do not add other ingredients.

Try this for 2-3 months, then you can experiment. I must warn you the kitchen sink approach usually does more harm then good.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
sh*t my zinc sulfate expired like 7 months ago. Buy new or safe to use anyway ?

I dont think it actually expires. I've eaten canned for over 10 years past the best before and tastes totally fine. They are just obligated to put a date on it.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I want give a advice from a mistake I made with my first zix batch

I noticed after the first week my zix lose the efficacy the yellow líquid started turn to transparent and white and my scalp start to inflammed and itch again

So I made a new one batch 2 days ago and store it in the fridge and this new batch looks more solid and "live" than the previously one

I really recommend to keep the zix cool in the fridge is very IMPORTANT!

I totally agree with that. My batch is 5-6 weeks old, is more whitish. I think its been much less effective for 2 weeks now. I've gotten a bit lazy about mixing new batches. I told myself to step it up, but I didn't. Anyhow I halve a fresh batch ready to go tonight.

MrKmass

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a few questions about Zix. I have been using it for 2 months but I do not really understand how it can work .. In my case it does not maintain.

1) Zinc and P5P do not dissolve in 70% alcohol and distilled water. It stays at the bottom of the bottle and you have to mix it with each use to get it on your head. But I can't see how it can get into the skin, isn't there a better solvent or do you need to use a magnetic stirrer for mixing or something?

2) Everyone says to use azelaic azide differently from zinc and b5P but why not put AA powder directly with it since studies show the synergy of these three ingredients together to inhibit dht?

kidcurry96

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a few questions about Zix. I have been using it for 2 months but I do not really understand how it can work .. In my case it does not maintain.

1) Zinc and P5P do not dissolve in 70% alcohol and distilled water. It stays at the bottom of the bottle and you have to mix it with each use to get it on your head. But I can't see how it can get into the skin, isn't there a better solvent or do you need to use a magnetic stirrer for mixing or something?

2) Everyone says to use azelaic azide differently from zinc and b5P but why not put AA powder directly with it since studies show the synergy of these three ingredients together to inhibit dht?
That is very interesting. I have pinged multiple people who were/are Zix users and no one has had a negative response. It either slowed down hair loss or stopped it.

Paging @worm.

Paqua

My Regimen
Reaction score
So to give you guys an update.

I had to shave my head to 6mm hair length all around because hair dressers were closed in my country and my attempt to cut it myself failed.

Since the hair is so short I feel like I have no shedding at all any more, but it is obviously a lot harder to spot a very short hair compared to my longer hair before.

I feel like my hairline stabilized on Zix. The hair at the hairline looks healthier and and not as wispy as before (might also be due to the shorter hair though). I have moderate to slow balding (Norwood 2 at 30 years old, no diffuse or crown thinning). If Zix could hold the hairloss at the hairline it would be a major success.

I'm using the original Pluspharma Zinc Sulphate (2 capsules), 150 mg B6, 15ml ethanol and 45ml distilled water. Only at night, minoxidil in the morning. No side effects at all.
Unfortunately, I think I have to correct myself.

I let my hair grow longer again and now it is clearly visible that my hairline and temples continued to thin. The hair in these places also looks just as thin and wispy as I remember it before shaving down to 6mm. Another thing I noticed it that the hair in midscalp (supposedly not yet affected by balding) grew back way longer than the hair at the hairline and temples, meaning that my hairline and temples are still miniaturizing and have no chance to grow back longer/stronger.

Altogether I think my hair deteriorated since using Zix, as much that I am even contemplating the dreaded (topical) finasteride.

I have one last theory though before I give up on Zix. Before Zix, I used minoxidil as my only topical twice per day. Now, I use Zix in the evening and Minoxidil in the morning. Beetween the applications I don't always wash my hair (only once every other day) and also there usually are only ~ 8 hours beetween the night and morning application. Might it be possible that Zix and Minoxidil negate each other since in most cases there will still be residues of the former liquid on my scalp?

feelsbad

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I think I have to correct myself.

I let my hair grow longer again and now it is clearly visible that my hairline and temples continued to thin. The hair in these places also looks just as thin and wispy as I remember it before shaving down to 6mm. Another thing I noticed it that the hair in midscalp (supposedly not yet affected by balding) grew back way longer than the hair at the hairline and temples, meaning that my hairline and temples are still miniaturizing and have no chance to grow back longer/stronger.

Altogether I think my hair deteriorated since using Zix, as much that I am even contemplating the dreaded (topical) finasteride.

I have one last theory though before I give up on Zix. Before Zix, I used minoxidil as my only topical twice per day. Now, I use Zix in the evening and Minoxidil in the morning. Beetween the applications I don't always wash my hair (only once every other day) and also there usually are only ~ 8 hours beetween the night and morning application. Might it be possible that Zix and Minoxidil negate each other since in most cases there will still be residues of the former liquid on my scalp?
Do you mean you went from using minoxidil twice per day to once per day? Because that could certainly cause you to lose hair

NoeStinch

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello im never been here before but i see all the very helpfull info, i started reading this post from page 1 and get to page 10 , then i realize this have 232 pages so i stoped.

So i have a couple questions i have been using minoxidil like a year and half ,no that much side effects but i noticed some decrement in my libido and i dont know if it is by minoxidil, it is posible that after a time of using zix and seeing positive results i can stop using minoxidil?

the other question is if you keep your zix on the fridge ?, And if i prefer to keep it out how long it last?

and the last one, in case that it is necesary to have zix on fridge, it also necesary to have some of the ingridients before mixture in fridge?

thank you in advance