My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I think I have to correct myself.

I let my hair grow longer again and now it is clearly visible that my hairline and temples continued to thin. The hair in these places also looks just as thin and wispy as I remember it before shaving down to 6mm. Another thing I noticed it that the hair in midscalp (supposedly not yet affected by balding) grew back way longer than the hair at the hairline and temples, meaning that my hairline and temples are still miniaturizing and have no chance to grow back longer/stronger.

Altogether I think my hair deteriorated since using Zix, as much that I am even contemplating the dreaded (topical) finasteride.

I have one last theory though before I give up on Zix. Before Zix, I used minoxidil as my only topical twice per day. Now, I use Zix in the evening and Minoxidil in the morning. Beetween the applications I don't always wash my hair (only once every other day) and also there usually are only ~ 8 hours beetween the night and morning application. Might it be possible that Zix and Minoxidil negate each other since in most cases there will still be residues of the former liquid on my scalp?

zix as a stand alone treatment is unlikely to work by itself, which is why I’m using LLLT with it.

At best, you might slow down your hairloss but it won’t stop it

During lockdown I used only Zix and lost ground.

Paqua

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you mean you went from using minoxidil twice per day to once per day? Because that could certainly cause you to lose hair
yes exactly, and the one remaining application of minoxidil might also be less effective cause of Zix residues.

I am back to 2x minoxidil per day

inmyhead

Reaction score
zix as a stand alone treatment is unlikely to work by itself, which is why I’m using LLLT with it.

At best, you might slow down your hairloss but it won’t stop it

During lockdown I used only Zix and lost ground.
So far we don't have much evidence that Zix works at all, haven't seen any good result pictures from it. It looks good in theory though.

GCT28

My Regimen
Reaction score
Finished 14th day of Zix using the exact ingredients listed on first page. Unfortunately have noticed no decrease in shedding.

The 70% ethyl alcohol that you buy in the drug stores in the USA have other inactive ingredients in it... Namely acetone, denatonium benzoate, methyl isobutyl ketone, and water. This is not the first time this have been brought up in this thread, but I have not stumbled upon a clear answer... For those in the USA, what carrier agent are you using?

Thor9

Established Member
Reaction score
Finished 14th day of Zix using the exact ingredients listed on first page. Unfortunately have noticed no decrease in shedding.

The 70% ethyl alcohol that you buy in the drug stores in the USA have other inactive ingredients in it... Namely acetone, denatonium benzoate, methyl isobutyl ketone, and water. This is not the first time this have been brought up in this thread, but I have not stumbled upon a clear answer... For those in the USA, what carrier agent are you using?

I would not use the ethanol sold in drug stores (or any other denatured ethanol)...if I can't drink it, I won't put it on my skin.

I would use Everclear - 120, 151 and 190 proof should all work fine for Zix.

Last edited:

GCT28

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would not use the ethanol sold in drug stores (or any other denatured ethanol)...if I can't drink it, I won't put it on my skin.

I would use Everclear - 120, 151 and 190 proof should all work fine for Zix.
Thank you. I will hunt for everclear and try for at least another 2 weeks.

GCT28

My Regimen
Reaction score
14 days is nothing. Try it for 3-6 months at least to know if it works for you or not.

Understood. Regardless, Worm is quoted multiple times saying he noticed decrease in shedding between 1-2 weeks so that is my first threshold. Just made a solution with everclear. Already smells much different (better). USA 70% ethanol has that nail polish smell (acetone). Cannot be good for the hair...

kidcurry96

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Understood. Regardless, Worm is quoted multiple times saying he noticed decrease in shedding between 1-2 weeks so that is my first threshold. Just made a solution with everclear. Already smells much different (better). USA 70% ethanol has that nail polish smell (acetone). Cannot be good for the hair...
Same, I am in US and searching for the right ethanol alcohol. The ones in stores have a bunch of other ingredients.

Helpme__

My Regimen
Reaction score
Few questions. Anyone have a link for Canada?
more importantly, what’s the consensus on micro needling while using Zix?

smoothbrain

My Regimen
Reaction score
anyone try melatonin yet? i cant find the actual mg to put in a solution. I think its 0.1% melatonin solution, but how many mg would that be for say 2oz? I have Premier research lab liquid melatonin that has 8mg per dropper (1ml), but not really sure on the right math.

also wondering if anyone tried liquid ionic zinc instead of powder? i got some ionic zinc with fulvic acid and was hoping to use it instead of powdered for better solubility. It also says its smaller particles so maybe better penetration. anyone know if ionic minerals react in a different way when mixed in a solution than powdered? I was hesitant to try this because who knows if the results will be different because i deviated from the working formula, but i gave it a shot.

smoothbrain

My Regimen
Reaction score
anyone try melatonin yet? i cant find the actual mg to put in a solution. I think its 0.1% melatonin solution, but how many mg would that be for say 2oz? I have Premier research lab liquid melatonin that has 8mg per dropper (1ml), but not really sure on the right math.
I found they used 1ml of .1% alcohol solution of melatonin per application. So if my math is correct they used 1mg per application. Maybe I'll just add that each time I apply the zix.

fugged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure you want to mix melatonin in zix as it’s a chemistry experiment you can’t realistically track- some of us are already adding Argenine which is also experimental. The ionic zinc might be a good idea, but you’d have to try it and get back to us. Melatonin sounds promising, but I’m not sure how many topicals can be used since they may react or whatever with one another- as I recall there is some research behind it but you’d have to do the math on dosage, and also make sure, or at least consider how stable it is in your solution once diluted. I don’t think you need much. For sleep most supplements are way too high a dosage apparently with melatonin.

smoothbrain

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure you want to mix melatonin in zix as it’s a chemistry experiment you can’t realistically track- some of us are already adding Argenine which is also experimental. The ionic zinc might be a good idea, but you’d have to try it and get back to us. Melatonin sounds promising, but I’m not sure how many topicals can be used since they may react or whatever with one another- as I recall there is some research behind it but you’d have to do the math on dosage, and also make sure, or at least consider how stable it is in your solution once diluted. I don’t think you need much. For sleep most supplements are way too high a dosage apparently with melatonin.
If my math is correct, they used 1mg melatonin per application. I have a liquid melatonin by premier research and 4 drops is equivalent to 1mg. If I end up using it with zix I would just add 4 drops each time when I apply it.

fugged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My recollection from something I read a while back is you could use way less. Have you searched the literature? There is a paper or two.