My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

maballack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any photos of your hair?

Does anyone know if zix can cause any systemic hormone changes? And also would it be possible to keep using this if travelling around..or does it need to be stored in a certain way?
I also would like to know if anyone reported side effects from Zix but I hope no one will say yes

maballack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have now used Zix for a two weeks. My hair and scalp feels exactly like I was on finasteride. No itch and hair is starting to feel stronger. I was a good responder to finasteride so I hope this is a good sign.
Felt the same with Finasteride first month. But I had to stop due to beginning of sides. I am very hopeful about zix please tell me there will no sides from it

Thor9

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys,

What about this one here B6 P5P liquid et mix it with the Liquid zinc Sulphate.

What brand did you use for the zinc sulphate.

I am really trying to go the zix route and adding Breezula down the road.

I just quitted Finasteride (1 month use) due to Puffy Nipples. But I felt my hair is darker and strong.

Thanks

That also has a bunch of other ingredients and its hard to tell if they would have a negative effect or not...it would be safer to use capsules which are known to work.

maballack

My Regimen
Reaction score
To be fair, it is 226 pages.

For me it shouldn't be about sides. No changes to blood hormone levels if anyone checked would be important.
@Pigeon I have done some Due diligence and read about 100 pages.

However would it be possible to someone to summarize what's the impact of Zix on Serum and Scalp DHT

We all know that Finasteride is very potent. But about zix in suppressing scalp dht
dutasteride 99% finasteride 70% Saw Palmetto 32 %

Anyone have done any blood work before and after
Thanks

jd_uk

Reaction score
@Pigeon I have done some Due diligence and read about 100 pages.

However would it be possible to someone to summarize what's the impact of Zix on Serum and Scalp DHT

We all know that Finasteride is very potent. But about zix in suppressing scalp dht
dutasteride 99% finasteride 70% Saw Palmetto 32 %

Anyone have done any blood work before and after
Thanks
Good post. Some sort of summary would be great.

I wish there were more people getting blood work done with any of the topical treatments (Zix, topical finasteride, topical dutasteride, CB etc)

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is not Zix just a really weak finasteride? Does it not do the same? Does this mean if someone takes 0.025 mg of finasteride weekly or something it would work like a Zix?

Could be but I have no sides on this, whereas i did even on smaller doses of finasteride. I suspect partly due to the topical application, and may not work the same.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes so far im applying zix in the mornings and wait for it to absorb/dry, then i wash it out so no yellow, otherwise its a bit too obvious. unless i swap round and apply at night and minoxidil in the day

I have added minoxidil like worm, and so far im seeing more and more small regrowth, no shedding/side effects yet but early days.... very hopeful!

I thought I started noticing effects after 3 months using minoxidil and zix. But even at 9 months I was noticing even more results. I am 1.5 months short of a year and the results have exceeded my expectations! Id said other than my hairline Ive gained about 10 years of density back. My hairline seems better too. Hard to say how long the benefits will continue to come, and whether they will be sustained (I think they will as zix is the backstop preventing loss) but my old minoxidil which ran out a few weeks back was expired by a few years. The new batch is fresh as can be. Im still optimistic I'll see some additional gains in the next 2-3 months - that said Im taking it as it comes and loving my hair these days.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
One thing I gotta give credit to Zix the most, that things styles hair better than anything else. I avoid applying other things to prevent dutasteride from going into bloodstream but if I could I would use Zix ED for sure

yeah it's a great cosmetic thickener. Someone called it a follicle boost, which i think is accurate. It just seems to thicken things up, even if it didnt prevent hairloss, the styling effect alone is worth it!

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys,

What about this one here B6 P5P liquid et mix it with the Liquid zinc Sulphate.

What brand did you use for the zinc sulphate.

I am really trying to go the zix route and adding Breezula down the road.

I just quitted Finasteride (1 month use) due to Puffy Nipples. But I felt my hair is darker and strong.

Thanks
I would stick to the brands I recommend - pure encapsulations or ecological formulas.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score

Thor9

Established Member
Reaction score

Nice. Any other evidence regarding arginine being beneficial? Or was it just the zinc?

Yagel

My Regimen
Reaction score
I want to start with Zix soon.
According to the original study from 1988, we need 1,5 mmol/l zincsulfate to inhibit 5-Alpha-Reductase in Combination with 0,025% Vitamine B6.

Does somebody here have the chemical knowledge to calculate how many 220 mg capsules zincsulfate are necessary for this?

Yagel

My Regimen
Reaction score
I hope they upload the full study results, so we can see the dosage that was used.

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry guys for not reading through 227 pages.

Consensus on ZIX? Worth it or not?
I'm using zix it's basic(zinc sulfate+b6 p5p+destilled water+alcohol ethyl 70%).

I'm in the 6th day and this works I haven't more the DHT inflamation and the classic male pattern baldness itch.

If you turn to the page 1 you will see the formula for creation the zix lotion.