My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

ukrmd

My Regimen
Reaction score
My experience with Nizoral seems to have a negative effect with zix - not to say it's true for everyone. But I would recommend H&S over Nizoral.
i actually just added H&S will see how it goes. it doesnt have ketoconazole in it so im presuming its another ingredient that benefits.

maybe i missed it, but can you wash the residue off your hair once all is absorbed? zix is really drying my hair out

the more i read, minoxidil + zix seem like such a great combo im just too frightened to try minoxidil again. ill see if zix has any positive effects and if so add minoxidil and monitor

Last edited:

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
He just says not to mix it in the same solution as zix.

"I've messed around with azelaic acid for some time now and I have found that whenever you simply add it to the zix formula it ends up ruining the entire thing. It's OK for a few days and then a preciptiate forms rendering all the ingredients useless... For this reason we mix up the azelaic acid in a seperate solution. We apply it twice per day. We apply it first, then wait a minute or two, then apply one of the zix formulas. We apply the azelaic acid first for no other reason than convenience"
That site is not updated it's literally two decades old from the looks of it. I talked with him this year. Oh, also precipitating is a result of exceeding the saturation point so just make smaller batches with more carrier

GabberHead

My Regimen
Reaction score
That site is not updated it's literally two decades old from the looks of it. I talked with him this year. Oh, also precipitating is a result of exceeding the saturation point so just make smaller batches with more carrier
That's good to know, thanks for the info

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone use liquid zinc and B6 instead? I never seemed to be able to dissolve zinc and b6 pills / capsules

Templah

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone use liquid zinc and B6 instead? I never seemed to be able to dissolve zinc and b6 pills / capsules
Yea I'm the only one using it here, If you first let the b6 pills dissolve and then add the liquid in this order you will get a perfect solution and won't need to shake. I might be wrong on this

Last edited:

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, you can do both, but if you want to keep it to once a day it comes down to preference. If you do it in the morning it might interfere with how you style your hair.
That’s the problem I’m having when I use it in the mornings, plus I’m usually in a rush in the mornings too

Danjellyman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Started my Zix journey last night!

~15mls ethyl alcohol
~45mls distilled water
2 x 220 mgs of zinc sulfate
150mg of b6 p5p
20 drops of polysorbate 80

Already feel calmer (my scalp is usually angry and screaming at me most of the day. Very irritated scalp accompanied with shedding).

Using that while washing with H&S - adding in Klorane shampoo alternating daily with a peppermint based shampoo EOD.

Also taking nutrafol supplement as well as oral castor oil daily.

Going to see how all these things stand up and then consider maybe low dose finasteride after 6-9 months if I'm still shedding and moving in the wrong direction (.25 mg).

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
What does Zinc do to hair? I have Zinc Picolinate, is that any good?

And what the hell is Zix?
You have to use zinc sulfate heptahydrate ONLY
You have to use pyridoxal-5-phosphate ONLY
You have to use distilled water ONLY
You have to use ethanol ONLY

Idk why these are that specific no one knows but ye that's what's being told so ye

Regards, Sanic the Zix devotee

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does it cause systemic lowering of DHT?
I believe not from what I known the guys who use zix never claim sexually affects or others nasty sides like the finasteride/heavy DHT inihibitors.

But it's possible to have sides if you're very sensitive to natural DHT inihibitors...yes zix is a natural anti-DHT.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe not from what I known the guys who use zix never claim sexually affects or others nasty sides like the finasteride/heavy DHT inihibitors.

But it's possible to have sides if you're very sensitive to natural DHT inihibitors...yes zix is a natural anti-DHT.
Very few claim testicular ache etc

jd_uk

Reaction score

Wish we had before/after blood tests on this stuff to know for sure what is happening. I just dont want to lower my systemic dht and free test.

Templah

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wish we had before/after blood tests on this stuff to know for sure what is happening. I just dont want to lower my systemic dht and free test.
To me it seems more like it's doing the opposite, Zix gives me higher libido, thicker semen and my balls feel bigger